Thursday, December 27, 2007

Anything goes (part II): What's on your mind today?

I’m horribly lazy and enjoying my ebookwise way too much to write a proper post so I’ve decided to copy/paste what I’ve been up to from some comments I’ve posted on FABB in the last few days.

On Xmas Eve dinner:

I cooked for around 40 people; it was crazy!

Cooking hits and misses:

My big miss was a spinach pesto lasagna I got from Rachel Ray site. *yuck* It tasted WAY too much like spinach and my wonderful pomodoro and roasted red pepper sauce couldn’t compete with the very strong “spinachy” taste. Also, for some reason, my hummus tasted too garlicky. I enjoyed it, but others complained.

Hits: Potatoes au gratin (the YUMMIEST thing I’ve ever cooked) and tabule salad (Arabic salad).

Everything else turned out pretty good and everyone was happy (I think LOL).

On Xmas gifts:
  • Ebookwise (AWESOME!) plus a $500.00 gift certificate for the ebookwise store (they have a 25% off till Dec. 31st, btw).
  • A signed copy of Rachel’s Holiday hardback (one of my favorite books ever) and Addict by CD which I luuurve (this is the third time I’ve gotten this perfume for Xmas).
  • Liposuction in Feb. from my parents (this is a dream come true for me *sniff*) and LASIK surgery. (I’ve been having a lot of problems with my contacts lately, to the point that I can’t stand them for more than an hour; have actually stopped wearing them altogether.)
  • Harlot sent me a package full of her favorite books which I’ve been reading for days already (ok, so I cheated and didn’t wait till Xmas!). I am LOVING Slammerkin.
On what I’ve been reading:

I really enjoyed An Affair Before Christmas by Eloisa James. I’ll get Desperate Duchesses, the first in the series, now (don’t have a heart attack, series order followers LOL).

EJ combines a lot of the things I love about literature in this book. I found myself thinking I was reading historical fiction or a Shakespearean satire at times, and then, of course, the last part of the book filled with sex and tons of romance. *g* All things I love and can never get enough of. Get this book; I promise, you won’t be disappointed.

I’m starting Karen Marie Moning’s “Highlander” series today. I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about it; I’m really looking forward to it.

What about you guys, what have you been up to? Remember, anything goes in this thread. *g*

Labels: , ,


5 comment(s):

Blogger Shoshana said...

I'm reading Jessica Bird's serial romances, and they're great.

For such a small book, they pack a nice wallop. Lucky for me my local library has the books...I've read 4 in the past few days.

I think you'll love her story VT...but you might not like the unfinished sex scenes...it's just plain dumb, but still the story's great.

12/27/2007 02:17:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas was good. I'm glad it's over though. I've gotta get stuck into a mountain of work that I've been putting off "later".

I'm reading a lot of things atm but nothing that I'm crazy over. I need a really good book but haven't had any luck so far.

12/28/2007 02:45:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas girls, even though it's over. Trollop, be glad you were the cook, I wish I had been. My in-laws are great, but they cannot pull off a big dinner to save their lives. Though they try, meat was over done, potatoes underdone. Mmmm. At least they have fabulous wine!
I just started reading The Same Kind of Different as Me. I'm just a few chapters into it, but I love it so far. I am also neck deep in some cool knitting projects.
happy new year!!

12/31/2007 02:30:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Trollop, I think your dinner sounds wonderful. There is no such thing as hummus being too garlicy!!

12/31/2007 02:34:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

I'm reading Ice Storm by AS and loving it.

1/01/2008 04:06:00 AM