Thursday, December 13, 2007

Want to know what I've been up to?


No, it’s not been knee-deep in politics like I should be—or like I hoped—seeing as prez elections are in May ’08. Oh, no, I have been kidnapped by my sister Bridezilla and our mother The Wedding Nazi. Every story you ever heard about crazy brides and their deranged mothers? ALL TRUE!!!



Just three more weeks to go; I have to keep reminding myself to breathe in and out and not lose it but I swear on my new ebookwise (*g*) if I hear one more thing about fucking matching shoes and “IT’S MY WEDDING AND I’LL DO WHAT I WANT TO,” the blood is going to run!!!!! At least I’ll look good in prison in my tres chic Pronovias dress. *big grin*


Related:

Labels: ,


14 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

Well, your sis is really Bridezilla but i will tell your mom you called her The Wedding Nazi! She invited me to the wedding, YOU didn't. *hmph*

12/13/2007 08:53:00 AM  

Blogger Menchie said...

My sister's getting married in January - I've just about given up on her. As long as my dress is fabulous, she can do whatever the hell she wants. :D

12/13/2007 10:42:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Poor Trollop. I know exactly what you mean. When my best friend was planning her wedding, she's my best friend but I couldn't stand her! You try to help as much as possible but you're in that place where you're willing to help but not willing to go crazy over it.

I think I've seen them all. Some times even the most rational ones turn into lunatics before their wedding day.

12/13/2007 12:49:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

The WORST kind: Nazi brides that try and sit you down to "discuss" every little aspect of what MIGHT happen in the planning. Ugh!

12/13/2007 12:51:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's not only the brides that go crazy, the bridesmaids too. Bridesmaids that attend the shower acting like the party was for them too, eexpecting to be waited on hand and foot.

Good luck Trollop!

12/13/2007 05:04:00 PM  

Blogger Heidi said...

Haha, I had a friend who was just like that! She got engaged on her 18th birthday, and after that she talked practically nonstop about her wedding: three years, I'm telling you! THREE YEARS!

(This is Dreamer, by the way... I switched my alias.)

12/13/2007 05:44:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

LOL! You know what I don't get? Those who waste a lot of money on the wedding to the point of bankruptcy.

I don't understand why you have to spend so much money on one occasion. You could have bought a brand new car or a new house, which would have made you happier!

12/13/2007 06:38:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister in law is planning on what my niece can do to save up for their wedding. That is chutzpa! This is part of raising your child! If you don't have the money for the wedding, you should borrow it, not your child! A couple should not have to start their life in debt. In past generations you would never hear of the couple paying for their wedding. The parents don't have to go all out but a basic wedding will do.

I think that people are putting too much on their kids. When our grandparents got married this was unheard of. Even if parents have a lot of kids they can borrow a little bit of money to pay for a wedding. If need be, the wedding can be really cheap. Debt is not a way to start a marriage. It's funny, b/c most of these parents who "can't" pay had their weddings paid for by their parents. Shouldn't their kids get the same?

12/13/2007 07:07:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Southernmom, I don't think the words "cheap" and "wedding" can exist in the same sentence. Unless you're getting married in Vegas or at the city hall. :)

12/13/2007 07:27:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best friend turned into Bridzilla on the day of her wedding. We were all kind of shocked, she's not usually like that. Some people forget that it's just a day and after that day, not one person will remember what color the napkins were or even what color the men's tie's, tuxes, etc. were.
Personally, if I could to do it over, we'd take a fantastic trip somewhere just the two of us.
And I think it's nice if parents pay for their kids' wedding, but I don't think it is owed to them. And NO ONE should go into debt over a wedding. It's sad that it happens.

12/14/2007 01:12:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Trollop dear, I hope it's over soon. And I hope there is good wine and hot men at the reception!

12/14/2007 01:15:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. I swear I feel the beginning of an ulcer. Also, what does it mean that i have a throbbing pain in my right arm?

THIS WEDDING IS OUT OF CONTROL. It's ridiculously expensive and I'm the only one concerned about the budget here. My poor dad :( Everyone hates me b/c I keep reminding them we're neither rich nor part of the royal family *sigh* this is crazy.

12/14/2007 04:01:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

Trollop dear, if anyone can do this, you can. And ulcer doesn't give you throbbing pain in your right arm. You must have strained a muscle. I bet you're trying to balance all the wedding craziness with acrobatic sex. ;)

Take care and i hope you feel better soon!

12/14/2007 05:57:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

LOL. At least you get to choose your dress. One of the worst things ever: all of you bridesmaids wearing the same ugly dress and shoes and bouquets... even the same jewelry!

12/16/2007 06:06:00 AM