Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Road to paradise

You’re welcome to not believe in fairies or corkscrewy duck cocks, as there’s no proof those things ever existed, but please never doubt my love for Paullina Simons.

Her latest book Road to Paradise is already available—well, in Australia and New Zealand. Selfish bastards. *grrr* Not sure when it’s going to be available in the U.S. but it’ll be out on April 2008 in the U.K. To read the excerpt, click here.

Now, Marg told me about this interview that Paullina did on Today Show the other day. I had the same reaction as Marg; I thought Paullina would sound more Russian, heh. Not that it matters; even if she sounded like Daffy Duck on crack, she’ll still be my uber uber favorite author. *g* Click here.


Related:

Labels:


12 comment(s):

Blogger Petra said...

Doesn't Paullina look pretty? I think she looks good.

I wonder when Road to Paradise will be available. Even Summer Garden is not available in the US.

11/21/2007 03:51:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Wow, she's number one in Australia. Paullina looks like some actress, I can't pintpoint who.

I've been meaning to ask, why are PS's books selectively available? Her books are very hard to acquire. Doesn't she have an American publisher?

11/21/2007 05:26:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I walked past this book about 10 times the other week but I couldnt bring myself to buy it. I love Paullina but I'm kinda stuck on TBH. I'm not a big fan of the others, so I dont know if I want to read it. But I might give it a try... I'll see if I have the time :S

11/22/2007 02:33:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just looked on her website and it turned out that Paullina Simons was a half hour drive away from me TWO DAYS AGO! I cant believe that I didnt check!
Ok, sorry I just had to rant.

11/22/2007 03:40:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Gabrielle, I would have loved to meet Paullina!

11/22/2007 12:41:00 PM  

Blogger mallymoodle said...

I met her today!!! And she was lovely especially considering I acted like a complete fool!

I was walking down Elizabeth St in Melbourne when I saw a sign saying she'd been book signing from 12:30pm onwards! It was past 2pm and I let out a shriek and ran in and bought a copy of TRTP ans she laughed and autographed it personally to me.

For people in Melbourne, she'll be at Chadstone tomorrow

11/22/2007 11:59:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Mallymoodle,
Oh i'm so jealous! I'd probably make a fool of myself but I want to meet PS too. *sniff* We never get authors her, the injustice! Except for David Sedaris, who is a total sweetheart, i've yet to met the authors i love. :(


Gabrielle,
Have you read T&A? TSG?


Jordis,
I believe she has an American publisher but i have no idea why her books are so hart to get. :/

11/23/2007 05:08:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. I've read those ones but it was the other stories that I wasnt a big fan of. Like Tully and The Girl in Times Square. She's a beautiful writer but they didnt grip me like TBH and the others did.

11/25/2007 05:52:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

Gabrielle, I'm with you on this. I read The Girl in Times Square and although it's a well written book, it's not for me. I liked Tully, though. The story, not Tully exactly.

11/26/2007 06:00:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Petra, I know what you mean about Tully. I think she was actually the reason why I didnt fall in love with the book. She aggravated me so much.

11/27/2007 03:32:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Petra, TSG is available in the U.S. but through the book clubs. There are those of us in the U.S. who have been buying them in bulk from the book clubs and putting them up on Amazon.com, but how I wish I could just walk into a Borders and just pick it up off the shelf. :/

I may have some facts a little mixed up, but a little birdy close to Paullina told me that her future books will be sold in regular stores. I don't think it included the trilogy, and she truly makes a pittance from the royalties going that route, but if her future books do well in the States, perhaps the publishers will pick up the rights for the trilogy and make them available to the masses. We need to continue to spread the word about Paullina in the States, one book, one person at a time.

12/02/2007 12:07:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*editing the above. She makes a pittance in royalties selling through the book clubs. Grass roots efforts and word of mouth is the best tool we have to change that.

12/02/2007 12:12:00 AM