Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Isabella Swan?


I was checking emails and stuff when I saw Stephenie Meyer’s newest RSS feed. It says “Slogan Contest Winners” but then:



First, *gasp* *shock* *horror* *hands on mouth and bosom* “NOOOOOOOO!!!” This can’t be! *nearly faints from abysmal dismay* I want Emily Browning to play Bella! I mean, for crying out loud, Emily Browning IS Bella!!!!!

I almost karate chopped-chopped my keyboard in my anger *GRRR* but controlled it enough to click the blasted link to read more. Alas, instead of news about Twilight movie, the stupid link showed me... WTF? Names of contest winners?!?

IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE?

If it is, Seth the Webmaster is a vile clown, that bastard. If it’s not... Kristen Stewart? Er, Jodie Foster’s diabetic daughter in Panic Room who looks like a gay boy? Ohh, they didn’t! They wouldn’t! Or the stupid Twilight casting directors—or whatever you call those cretins who handle this casting thingy—should be fed bubotuber pus!

I know Hollywood rarely respects the author’s decision but Stephenie REPEATEDLY mentioned Emily as her uber top choice. MINE TOO. Hmph! Surely those ingrates should at least consider that! And what about the twizillions of fans who want Emily while their hearts go thump-thumpity-thump for Edward Cullen (or Wolfboy, whatever)? They will be crushed enough to eat their Edward <3 Bella 4ever & Evah fake fangs!!! Hollywood, THINK ABOUT THAT! :@


Related:

Labels: , , , ,


25 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no no no no no.. it has to be wrong, must be wrong. Bella is Emily Browning, not this random chick! NO! I must have Emily!

11/13/2007 05:47:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Mallie! I know! *sniff* This has to be a mistake. Everything depends on who they cast as Bella. And what about Edward? Who are they casting as Edward? Oh god, i am already dreading this movie!

11/13/2007 05:55:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! I don't even want to think about who they'll cast as Edward.. *shudders* like Hayden Christenson? this could be v. v. bad.

All I wanted was the Twilight movie to be perfect, is that too much to ask? And perfect means Emily, and Henry Caville and.. oh Taylor Kitsch as Jasper. That's all I want.

*is still dreading the movie*

11/13/2007 06:20:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hayden the Darth Vader? Oh, yuck. *gag* Mallie, bite your tongue!

It has to be Henry!!!!

I never thought who should play Jasper but you're right about Taylor Kitsch! :D

Hmmm.. i think i should do a follow up post for this regarding the casting. *g*

11/13/2007 06:45:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*bites tongue* I know, but it's been suggested *shudders* along with Gaspard Ulliel (I swear no one can match my view of Edward.. *drools* they had better leave the entire Meadow scene in - complete with bare chest and arms!)

It definitely has to be Henry! (*sighs* even if Stephenie says he's too old)

Mmmm Taylor. He's gorgeous and he is soo perfect for Jazz

*laughs* I think you should definitely do a follow up regarding casting. It's the most important thing while we wait for Breaking Dawn (which I neeed!!!!)

11/13/2007 06:50:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

She looks sort of Bella-ish here.

I don't know her or Browning, though, nor do I have any image of Bella in my head, so I don't really care who they cast. ;)

Frankly, if I were caring about this movie, which I'm not very much at this point, I'd be more worried about the script. Particularly with the writers' strike -- I'd think there'd be a much more likely chance of them using a sub par script because it's all they have and want to rush to make the movie while interest in the series is still high.

I am, however, having a great time watching Taylor Kitsch on Friday Night Lights. :D

11/13/2007 06:58:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dance - I am in complete agreement with the love for Taylor in FNL.. yuuuummm

Well, I think they were pretty much almost done with the script a month or so ago, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.. the casting could really make or break... wait. but with the.. uhoh. this could be v. bad...

11/13/2007 07:00:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

Heh. I always worry about the writing. For me, a good script can overcome a lot of bad/mediocre acting, but it takes an outstanding actor to overcome bad dialogue/plot/pacing (SUPERNATURAL, I am looking at you. I love my show, I really do...).

But the writers can't make any changes to the script or tell the actors, directors, etc what they meant - if there were any ambiguous lines or stuff that's not translating well from the written medium to the screen - while the strike is going on, so even if the script is complete*, I think the possibility is still there that more writer input could make it better still.

'Course, a large part of the reason why I haven't been to the movies lately is because I can't stand some of the writing. And I do fully admit to expecting the worse from this movie, so. ;)

*I'd heard it was only in the (first) draft stages?

11/13/2007 07:08:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Dance, Mallie, good picture but i still want Emily. :/ I've only seen one movie of Emily and it's the Lemony Snickets one and i thought Stephenie is right picking her as Bella.

What writers strike? I'm out of the loop LOL. Also, are they done with the script already?

Totally agree about the writing. But the cast is also important. Look at FIREFLY, perfect cast with a great chemistry. :P I can't imagine another actor playing Mal, or another actress as River or Kaylee...

Soooo loving FNL! I just started watching it last week i think and *sigh* Tim, Tim... *hearts*

11/13/2007 07:32:00 AM  

Blogger Mallie said...

Dance.. oh gosh you're right. I can't believe I didn't think of it that way. (I was watching Reign Over Me tonight and it had great actors, but the script.. no emotion)

hmm I could be wrong about how far in they are to scripting, but they are supposed to start filming in Jan so I would imagine they would have to be close, wouldn't they?

I actually loved Emily in the Lemony Snicket movie, and I haven't seen her in anything lately but she looks so close to perfect (she's Aussie too, which I love :P)

Harlot -yup, writers strike. All the American writers have been on strike for about, what, a week now? Point is, the selfish production companies won't give the writers 4c more per dvd sale (when they're already getting only 4 cents. is it really so hard to give 8cents per $20 DVD to the writers?)

Oh Tim Riggins, *hearts* what would I do without you?

11/13/2007 07:39:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Oh please, who cares?!?!?! I'm hating all this twilight drama. It's like an american soap opera. What's next, someone's decapitated evil twin will come back to life and kidnap the wolf dude?

That's it, I'm putting my foot down. No more twilight talk on my watch! *hmmphh*

11/13/2007 07:53:00 AM  

Blogger Mallie said...

*pouts* but VT, I wannaaaa!

Ahem *composes self* I could do with Jacob being kidnapped though :P

11/13/2007 08:04:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

All the American writers have been on strike for about, what, a week now? Point is, the selfish production companies won't give the writers 4c more per dvd sale (when they're already getting only 4 cents. is it really so hard to give 8cents per $20 DVD to the writers?)

Also on the table (and an even more important point, I'm given to understand) is the "New Media", i.e., the internets. Right now, the writers get no money at all for stuff that's "aired" on the internet -- like the networks putting up shows on their website, complete with ads, or off iTunes, which they are also paid for. But none of the money is trickling down to the people who make the shows.

It's also a highly important strike because how this one goes will affect the screen actors too. Whose contracts I believe are due to expire soon as well.

A number of shows have already either gone of the air or are unable to continue filming - The Office (Steve Carell(sp?) refused to cross the picket lines), LOST, Heroes, etc. And all the rest will follow soon enough.

This is what Joss has to say about it: http://whedonesque.com/comments/14639#195462

Also here: http://whedonesque.com/comments/14650

I particularly love this bit: "It’s necessary, though. We’re talking about story-telling, the most basic human need. Food? That’s an animal need. Shelter? That’s a luxury item that leads to social grouping, which leads directly to fancy scarves. But human awareness is all about story-telling. The selective narrative of your memory. The story of why the Sky Bully throws lightning at you. From the first, stories, even unspoken, separated us from the other, cooler beasts. And now we’re talking about the stories that define our nation’s popular culture – a huge part of its identity. These are the people that think those up. Working writers."

And Doris Egan (House writer): http://tightropegirl.livejournal.com/16033.html?style=mine

Also this funny cartoon: http://davies.lohudblogs.com/files/2007/11/110907davies.jpg

Totally agree about the writing. But the cast is also important. Look at FIREFLY, perfect cast with a great chemistry. :P I can't imagine another actor playing Mal, or another actress as River or Kaylee...

Heh. Whereas I can't imagine anyone else writing Mal or River or Zoe, etc the way Joss & Co. did. :) Mal may not be Mal without Nathan Fillion*, but he definitely wouldn't have been Mal without Joss (and Tim), imo.

*Speaking of which, I have yet to read the comic book.

After the script, though, yeah, I do agree that the actors (and director) are likely the next important thing. This perhaps is why I still love Supernatural even though the writing drives me nuts, at times. ;)

However, I am still not expecting the Twilight movie to be anywhere near the calibre of Firefly* -- or even SPN. :D

*So very few things are. Sigh.

11/13/2007 08:04:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Mallie, totally agree with the Jacob kindnapping heh. Finishing my other post about TWILIGHT. Looking for good pics. :D


Whereas I can't imagine anyone else writing Mal or River or Zoe, etc the way Joss & Co. did. :)

Dance, true, but you're biased when it comes to Joss. :P (OT: I've been watching FIREFLY since yesterday. On ep 4 now.) Seriously, didn't know about the writers strike. Thanks for the info. HEROES is also off the air? Oh god, what about my other shows: GREY'S, FNL? Hadn't heard about this. :/

11/13/2007 08:26:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

I don't know if Heroes is off the air right now, but there are no new episodes being written. It would depend on how many episodes they had written before the strike, and if the actors, directors, producers, etc are willing to cross the picket lines to continue filming. SPN has about 12 or so, I believe. Not sure about the other shows. But I'm guessing very few will have more episodes past the winter break, if not sooner. I *think* late night shows (David Letterman, Leno, Conan, etc) have already gone off the air; same with The Daily Show, which I guess would require new material daily.

I don't think Grey's is in production any more; I don't know how many episodes they'd already shot before the strike started. From what I've read, the entire cast is in support of the strike, so they are not crossing the picket lines either.

you're biased when it comes to Joss.

Oh, yes, definitely. And with good reason, I like to think. ;)

11/13/2007 08:55:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Thanks Dance. Oh btw, as i mentioned, missed FIREFLY yesterday heh so started watching it again. But before that saw this:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6497916.html?nid=2789

11/13/2007 09:36:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

What? NO!!!

I'm going to throw up if Hayden Christensen gets cast as Edward.

11/13/2007 09:42:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristen is pretty but she is NOT Bella!

If it's true, what a horrible decision.

I can see it now... they are going to ruin the book.

11/13/2007 10:27:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Must be a mistake. This Kristen girl is pretty and a good actress but like Ally said, she is not Bella.

Kristen is everywhere lately. New movies like In the Land of Women and Into the Wild. Maybe next they will announce Emile Hirsch as Edward.

11/13/2007 10:58:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Can you hack RSS feeds?

I am not happy about this.

11/13/2007 11:00:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has to be a big fat LIE. Last I heard the script hasn't even been written yet so it's hard to believe they've already cast the actors.

11/13/2007 11:46:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I don't understand, is there a script already? Some say it's almost done, some say it hasn't been written yet. LOL

11/13/2007 12:29:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

Vile clown. LOL!

I am disappointed. (if it's true at all) She doesn't even look like Bella.

Oh and I checked IMDB. Kristen isn't in Twilight's information page there.

11/13/2007 04:42:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Still no update? I await the confirmation yet I fear it to be true :S

11/13/2007 07:16:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Kristen Steward. I think she would be perfect.

11/14/2007 08:26:00 AM