Friday, November 23, 2007

What happend to Care Bears and My Little Ponies?

Is this how parents are educating their kids now a days? Scary!


GIANTmicrobes. We make stuffed animals that look like tiny microbes—only a million times actual size! Now available: The Common Cold, The Flu, Sore Throat, Stomach Ache, Cough, Ear Ache, Bad Breath, Kissing Disease, Athlete’s Foot, Ulcer, Martian Life, Beer & Bread, Black Death, Ebola, Flesh Eating, Sleeping Sickness, Dust Mite, Bed Bug, and Bookworm (and in our Professional line: H.I.V. and Hepatitis).

Each 5-to-7 inch doll is accompanied by an image of the real microbe it represents, as well as information about the microbe.

They make great learning tools for parents and educators, as well as amusing gifts for anyone with a sense of humor!


I mean, sure, this is what I’m getting all my friends for Xmas (Harlot is particularly fond of the Mad Cow one, seeing as she is one and all) but they are all over 18. And, in all fairness, I’m not giving them anything they’ve never had before LOL.


Labels: ,


15 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

Is it weird that i actually find some of these cute? :S Well, in a weird-ass stupid way...

Imagine giving it to your hubby or BF. "Happy Xmas, baby. Look, i got you Herpes." :D

11/23/2007 04:27:00 PM  

Blogger Thomas J. Brown said...

Why give these to kids? Because they're cute and educational, and the alternative is Tickle Me Fucking Elmo. Which I recently found out costs $40.

My wife, a medical technologist, loves the streptococcus pyogenes (flesh eating bacteria) that I got her and agrees that these would be great gifts for kids.

How are these any worse than the Ugly Dolls?

11/23/2007 06:43:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute. They look like squishy toys you give to babies.

11/24/2007 04:44:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Learning tools for parents and educators? Do people see these microbes with the naked eye?

11/24/2007 04:59:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When someone has a sore throat, look at his throat and see if the microbes there look like Sore Throat. It's not about whether there is an infected tonsils or the throat is painful. It's about knowing what the virus looks like!

11/24/2007 05:47:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

First Giantmicrobes, now Thomas' Ugly Dolls... and i find both squishy cuties.

I particularly like Wedgehead, him standing on his head and all. Ohgod, what's wrong with me? :S

11/24/2007 06:23:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I like the algae and the flesh eating bacteria.. :P

11/24/2007 08:53:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only got as far as dust mites and book worms and I'm already grossed out. My kids better not be getting any of these for Christmas. Educational or not, I'm a firm believer in the cute and cuddly stuffed toys!

11/24/2007 09:55:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Those are some weird toys.

When I was little I used to watch the Care Bears all the time. I loved it whenever they form a row and make taht rainbow. lol

11/25/2007 04:36:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look very odd but I think they're quite cuddly. Indeed. Who would have thought bacteria and microbes are cuddly?

11/25/2007 05:16:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

At least they're not making dress-me-up microbes. That's just wrong.

11/25/2007 01:43:00 PM  

Blogger Carrie said...

One of the clubs at school was selling these as a fund raiser. I think they're pretty cute. :)

Oh, I just got back from my Thanksgiving trip to Seattle and guess what was waiting for me? Promises Linger!!! Thanks again to you lovely bb's and to Sarah McCarty!!! I can't wait to get started.

Carrie

11/26/2007 01:11:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

If you won't say these toys are modeled after viruses and bacterias, I doubt anyone will recognize them for what they truly are.

I think these toys are kinda cute. :)

11/26/2007 05:48:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

I knew you girls would choose the VD dolls. Haha! Who would have thought herpes looks like a star?

I'd rather get the toy than the real thing. Painless and cute to boot!

11/28/2007 06:42:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Very cute!

11/29/2007 12:18:00 AM