Friday, December 28, 2007

Sin City by Frank Miller

For some time now I’ve been very curious about Frank Miller’s Sin City series. I have to decide what to read next from my TBR and thinking of bumping these up.

Has anyone read them?

I worry that I’m thinking about these novels as being the written equivalent of a Quentin Tarantino film. I don’t want to end up disappointed because, in my mind, I’ve assigned these books’ qualities that have nothing to do with it.

I really enjoyed the movie but when has a movie ever resembled the book?

Labels:


3 comment(s):

Blogger Stacia said...

Actually, the Sin City movie resembles the book quite closely, sometimes shot-for-shot in fact. Miller was very involved with the making of the movie (Rodriguez listed him as co-director, and he played the priest in the confessional too).

I LOVE Sin City and can't recommend it enough. LOOOVE it. Luuurve it, in fact.

12/29/2007 07:48:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Bitches! Have fun and a great 2008.

1/01/2008 02:39:00 AM  

Blogger Shoshana said...

I like the movie, thought I am not sure I'd want to read the book. The movie is plenty graphic for me....and that armless, feetless Elijah Wood...scary!

1/10/2008 12:12:00 AM