Monday, January 15, 2007

Say hello, dammit!

Apparently, there’s such a thing as National Delurking Week (who knew that existed!). It’s when blog lurkers everywhere are encouraged to “delurk” and say hello—and I’m late since it was held last week!!!

Bugger, and it’s such a great idea too. :/ I mean, I’ve always wondered about our lurkers. We usually get an average of 600 visitors a day but the commenters are basically the same 30 or so people. Don’t get me wrong; Trollop and I are verra happy to have those lovely folks’ comments, but of course it would make us happier *g* if the lurkers also say hi—even once in a while, ya know.

Hmmm... oh, fuck it, what the hell. Who cares if NDW is over? I operate on my own time here so I say, why don’t we have our own delurking week? Uh-hmm. :D I mean, yeah, yeah, this won’t be for charity (*tsk* shame, really), still, it’ll be fun to know the people who usually read The Book Bitches but rarely/never comment.

Come on, don’t be shy. Unless you’re a very handsome man covered in Nutella, I promise not to bite. :P Feel free to post whatever you like, though it’d be nice to hear something more than just “hello!” or “I’m alive!” You can tell us your name, maybe where you live/come from, your favorite author/book, whether you like going commando or not, etc. Honestly, just delurk and say something, for the love of the Bitches!


Labels: , ,


91 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel somehow pressured to de-lurk. ;) In the order asked : Europe/Bklyn, Marion Zimmer Bradley/Mists of Avalon, and yes, I've been known to do so.

Nice blog. :)

1/15/2007 12:48:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh, our first delurker! (Is that a word? :/) Welcome Isabella, and i like MB Zimmer too, and yes, i also go commando once in a while LOL.

I lub this grandma button, so cute! Anyway, happy commenting everyone!

1/15/2007 01:05:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Harlot, does it mean regular commenters can't comment here? Just asking :p
I think delurking is a good idea. That grandma button is perfect!

1/15/2007 01:44:00 PM  

Blogger Amber said...

I will delurk as well. I recently found your site and I am a big fan. And I will have to fight you for the Nutella! I'm living in NC but I am from everywhere. I am reading Strapped/T. Draut in hopes it will straighten out my finances.

1/15/2007 01:58:00 PM  

Blogger The Traveler said...

My name is Erin and I live in Chicago (with heavy visitation rights to to my native Austin, Texas). I have so many favorite books, it's not even funny. All time faves would be Youth in Revolt by C.D. Payne for fiction and Our Band Could Be Your Life for nonfiction. Lately, I have loved Chuck Klosterman IV, Queen of the Oddballs by Hillary Carlip, and Scenes From an Obsessive Girlhood by Jennifer Traig. Props to your site . . . :)

1/15/2007 02:13:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Jen and I'm on vacation here in the US. I adore your site but this is only my second time commenting.

I discovered Jennifer Crusie because of your site and I want to say my favorite posts are the ones about BOB. lol

1/15/2007 02:48:00 PM  

Blogger reviewer said...

Hi, I'm Chantal from Ontario Canada. I have three kids, all boys, ages 8, 4 and 1.

I'm not sure what my favourite book is, I have so many. Authors I love are Lucy Monroe, Brenda Joyce, Gena Showalter, Lora Leigh. The list goes on.

I wear a bra almost always, and panties only during my time of the month.

1/15/2007 03:28:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why thanks, Harlot! I'm glad I was able to break that lurker cherry, lol.

Was it as good for you as it was for me? ;))

1/15/2007 03:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Choi from Singapore. I just bought a house and will be moving soon with my four dogs. I love your blog. You always bring a smile and a laugh :)

1/15/2007 03:38:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Choi,
Oh, congrats about the new house! That's wonderful. :)


Isabella,
Your lurker cherry is the first one i'd broken. You were so good that i'm now looking forward to further comment-divirginize most of our readers. ;)


Chantal,
I love paranormals and have one of Gena Showater. I'm lazy to look for it in my pile LOL but i'm pretty sure it's about a dragon dude. She's good then, huh? Speaking of BJ, i still don't have a copy of DEADLY KISSES! *sniff* Oh, Calder, Calder...


Jenna,
Glad you loved Jenny Cruise. She is fantabulous if ya ask me. ;)


Erin,
I have yet to read anything from the books you've mentioned. Oh yikes.. shame. :S


Sofakitty,
You'll fight me for Nutella? Oh my dear kitty, i'm not above using my claws especially when it's for a possibility of Nutella licking LOL.


Danielle,
Of course, regular posters can comment too if you guys like LOL.


Ally,
I read only a few epic fantasy books: Temeraire, LOTR, (is HP under this too?) David Eddings, MZ Bradley, A GAME OF THRONES, LION OF IRELAND... Okay, that's all i can think of right now. :P

1/15/2007 04:16:00 PM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

Okay, I bet I know why some people lurk--it's cuz BLOGGER won't let you post!

I just posted and it didn't show up. Grrrrrrrr, blogger makes me want to throw large, heavy objects. LOL

DC :)

1/15/2007 04:20:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chantal, I just purchased my first couple of Lora Leigh books. Found them through purchasing Lisa Marie Rice (well-written and HOT) at Amazon. I have HARMONY'S WAY and MEGAN'S MARK. I'm waiting for a special ordered first book of the Feline Breed.

1/15/2007 04:30:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Speaking of Brenda Jorce, I just got her latest historical together with Twilight for BBC.

Dakota, that happens to me a lot - freaking Bogger!

1/15/2007 04:45:00 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

hey ya! im from sydney, and been reading for about a year. ive even been reading your other blogs too so consider me de-lurked on 3 counts.

and the nutella covered hotties have been reserved for moi, very sorry about that!

tee hee hee

1/15/2007 04:45:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Harlot. I have to renovate the kitchen first but I'm very excited. It's the first house I bought and maybe in the future I can afford to buy more :)

1/15/2007 04:55:00 PM  

Blogger Jo said...

I occassionally lurk on here when I don't have time to post and I'm just looking for anything interesting..... shame on me... does that mean I have to answer the questions???

1/15/2007 05:48:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll delurk as well. I'm from Atlanta and my fantasy of late has Daniel Craig rescuing me from bad situations. I think you sexy book girls run one of the most funniest blogs around, and thank you for all the eye candy :-)

1/15/2007 05:55:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog! It's one of three (not including my own) that I read regularly. I should definitely comment more, but it's not likely to happen. Anyway. Good work!

1/15/2007 06:36:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Do I get to post too? I'm bored, waiting for the Golden Globes... Harlot, that "would it kill ya to comment" button is perfect. LOL.

I go commando too whenever the mood strikes me. ;)

1/15/2007 07:38:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I occasionally lurk. I'm from San Diego and lives alone with my 2 yr old son. I'm addicted to Prison Break and Grey's Anatomy :) I think you girls are fantastic. Keep up the work work.

1/15/2007 07:48:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's "good work" up there... hehehe

1/15/2007 07:50:00 PM  

Blogger Maria said...

I read always! I love your blog and get some of my best reads this way! Plus all the handsome utterly delictable *yummyyyyy* men! All the best to you! ~M

Your even linked on my blog! Hope you stop by someday... what a treasure it would be!

1/15/2007 07:52:00 PM  

Blogger Maria said...

PS... I am currently reading The Last Templar by Raymond Khoury.. it's a bit brutish.. but I just started... ~M

1/15/2007 07:54:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olá from Brazil! I love your blog. Greetings from Rio.

1/15/2007 08:22:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

I don't know if I'm considered a lurker, in any case, hello from Miami. :)

What to say... I've never been to Brazil, lol. Actually I've never been anywhere except Sydney. I would love to visit London and also to see Paris during Christmas.

I am currently reading Black Ice by Anne Stuart.

1/15/2007 09:17:00 PM  

Blogger KimmyGoat said...

Hello! I'm Kim from Nebraska where the current temperature is below zero. Currently reading a Stephen King...big HP fan, recently discovered Anne Lamott.

I don't do commando.

1/15/2007 09:23:00 PM  

Blogger RKM said...

It's 1:19pm in Sydney, Australia and I'm wondering what there is left to talk about when there is nothing left to say. 1:21... 22...

Reading: Exhibitionism by Toby Litt
Surfing: The Book Bitches
Listening: Antics, Interpol
Saying: Nothing
Hearing: Everything
Guiding: My daughter

... 23...

1/15/2007 10:25:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

howdy, I've posted a comment or two :) Mostly I just gobble up the eye candy and umm what else is this blog about?! OH YEA books. Well sit down and hold on my favorite books are....anything with JAMIE AND CLAIRE IN THEM... ::melzie in mo running away fast:: ;)

1/15/2007 11:15:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I post all the time... well not since my work started being buttholes but I try to come by 2 or more times a week.

Anyway, read Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard because I saw the comment on it the other day and I ripped through it over my long weekend. Usually I get really mad/bummed if I figure out the murderer 1/2 way through but since it was based in my area, two cities over, and I knew the areas and bars and roads she the stories took place on, I was happy to read it! I just want to know where to find Sam?!? Or at least another cop like him.

OK, OK, since I am becoming a cop (I have an app. in and they LOVE me, but no offer yet so cross your fingers) I have to say I love cop heroes and tough chicks that can kick the bad guys tuckas but is still a girl and not some man-chick.

One thing that did bother me reading this book was the expressway talk, saying I-696, I-75... we don't say I, we just say the numbers and it made the characters seem like they weren't real Michiganders. And it's an expressway, not freeway or interstate. I think that when you write about or your characters are from a certain place, learn the way they talk and act to make it more believable. I would never write about a life time resident of NY and give them a Valley Girl accent/speech/slang. There are some cool things, specific to Michigan, more over Metro Detroit, the setting for this book, that sets us apart from the other places of the world. Faygo pop, exit 69 Big Beaver Road, Devil’s Night (night before Halloween that kids egg houses, tp and what not), Hell and me, which is the coolest person in Michigan! LOL.

On Harry Potter book 4 ladies. So far so good. By the way, will Snape ever die already? Gosh he is such a pathetic cry baby!

1/15/2007 11:17:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yah and just finished reading a series by Josie Litton (come back to me, umm dream of me, and believe in me :) xoxo melzie

1/15/2007 11:17:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What better time to post my first comment here. I am an admirer from New York and even when dear Harlot frequently posts pictures of half-naked men, I'm with the rest that this blog is exceptional.

Roy

1/15/2007 11:40:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

I'm Lily, usually a lurker but I post whenever I can. See, I'm up to my neck with school work and what am I doing? Browsing this blog! lol

I just finished reading Through a Glass Darkly by Koen and loved it.

1/15/2007 11:55:00 PM  

Blogger Nikky said...

"for the love of the bitches"... yeah, that covers it! I am not technically a lurker, but I do not comment often. So I'm a half-lurker... I guess.
But anyway, I'm Nik, I am freezing my tushie off in Minn., my fav author is Stephen King and I rarely go commando! Generally just when hubby is home... been wearing granny panties for the last FRIGGIN' year.
grrrrrr.

1/16/2007 12:28:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

my favorite books are....anything with JAMIE AND CLAIRE IN THEM...
::melzie in mo running away fast::


Heh. Don't worry I'm a fan too, and haven't been scared off yet. ;-)

Favourite series du jour: Kate Shugak by Dana Stabenow.

Stayed up very, very late reading the latest book - A Deeper Sleep - last night. It just came out and is *wonderful* (the books all stand alone, but many threads are carried over from each story, so it's worth reading from the beginning, which is A Cold Day for Murder. It's a series that I think is more about the character than the mystery - I think Kate may have been my very first girlcrush ever). [/plugging - but you did say I could post whatever I liked, and wasn't I right about Twilight :p ] I'll be blogging about it later, once I stop squeeing and am able to wrap my head around the story a bit better.

This has been a good few months for me for new books.

1/16/2007 12:33:00 AM  

Blogger ggggxyz said...

Okaaaayyy,

I will stop lurking, I promise!

I'm Sarah, 24, from Cologne, Germany. Currently re-reading Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix.

I shouldn't be reading your blog right now coz I'm at work (well, whatever), but something about the book bitches makes me come back for more again and again... ;o)

Keep on bitchin' girls!

1/16/2007 06:06:00 AM  

Blogger Catherine said...

Hi, I'm Catherine. I live in Japan, but I'm from New Zealand.

Favourite book? Uh, I don't know. I just finished reading 'The Blood of the Isles' by Bryan Sykes. It is a non-fiction book about genetics. Now I'm reading 'The Sandman' by Neil Gaiman, which is a series of comic books about gods and other immortal beings.

1/16/2007 07:19:00 AM  

Blogger Vera said...

I’m Vera, 25 , from Austria.
I love reading your blogg! You crazy girls make a fantastic job! I can count on you that you always sweeten my day with an eye candy or a good laugh.
I’m a typical lurker, I visit your blog every day but never comment.

My favorite books are Match Me If You Can by Susan E. Phillips, Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie and Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard.

Harlot, I share your Nutella addiction! How can I not! Europe is the home continent of Nutella (Ferrero is an Italien company). Do you know that there even exists a Nutella cookbook?!

1/16/2007 08:00:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hullo all. :D

Vera!!!
I've never seen a Nutella cookbook. I swear if i won't balloon up and float away (not that i'm not "ballooning" now :/) i won't stop eating Nutella. Forget ambrosia. Nutella IS the food for the gods, and yes, for the Bitches too. ;)


Catherine,
I've seen Neil Gailman when he visited Manila. But i didn't go to his book signing as i'd chosen to see David Sedaris instead. I ADORE DS.


Sarah,
I just reread HP5! Oh, i cannot wait for the movie and book 6 too.


Dance,
Dana Stabenow? Alright. I'll look for her as well. ;)


Nikky,
Granny panties? LOL! I sure hope you have a stack of kinky VS undies somewhere as any woman should never be without. ;P


Melzie,
Oh, there are a lot of Jamie Fraser lovers around here! I have the niggling suspicion that, deep down, Trollop's one of them. Oh god.. :S Everyone has different tastes in books really--i can't fault you on that *sigh*--well, actually i can (kidding! :P).

1/16/2007 09:38:00 AM  

Blogger Menchie said...

Oh bitches! I love you guys and I've commented from time to time in the past but for some insane reason, I can't access your blog from work (where I do my blogging during breaks -- got demanding kids at home so rarely blog at night). I think the word "bitches" raises a flag and I get a "FORBIDDEN SITE" message whenever I click on your link. Which really sucks!

Anyway, like Harlot, I'm from Asia, roughly in the same area (right, Harlot? :D). Love paranormal fiction like Sherrilyn Kenyon and Kresley Cole's Immortals after Dark series but also loooove Jennifer Crusie and Susan Elizabeth Philips.

1/16/2007 10:04:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Greetings from Singapore. Chanced upon your blog. I do a lot of reading too, but they're textbooks. Getting sick of them. 2 more months of misery before the exams are over. Nice work on the blog. Lots of effort put into it. To Trollop, take care and keep yourself well-hydated. You'll get well in no time.

1/16/2007 11:35:00 AM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I'm not really a 'lurker' but I just read Shadow Dance and I need to vent, and to warn other readers as well. I waited for this book, for Noah's book to come out for years! What did I get? A total bullshit with a Noah I do not recognize at all. What's worse, the love story didn't even click and the whole book was so dull I don't think I will be buying another of Julie's books! Ok maybe the paperback. Jordan and Noah had no love connection whatsoever, no character development and don't let me start with their dialogue! UGHHH Don't waste your time and money kids.

1/16/2007 12:20:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I'm Dalia from Germany. I found you when I followed a link that led me to Trollop's big cock post.

I am looking forward to Lisa Valdez's second book "Patience".

Love your blog :)

1/16/2007 12:46:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi book bitches! I'm sorry for being a lurker but I usually visit when I'm at work (lol) I love you guys!

I have a 3 yr old daughter and have been living with my boyfriend of 5 yrs. I hate winter! I love Harry Potter and nutella too!

1/16/2007 01:37:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(okay, I'll try this again!)

Hi Bitches! lurker sounds so, hmmm, I don't know, sinister! I love your blog and have been an almost daily visitor since last summer. Love the eye candy and you all's sense of humor! thanks for keeping me entertained. I fell in love with romance novels when I worked in a library a few years ago. I'm from austin, tx, student and full-time job (so I needs all the nutella and secret garden men I can get my hands on!) Thanks for your loverly blog!

1/16/2007 03:01:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hey Laura :D


Menchie,
We're under "forbidden" sites? :S A college friend who's now in UAE told me our blog is also banned there or something like that since she can't access it. :/


Okay, we're supposed to have a new post about the Golden Globes but since Trollop's lazy, blame her!

1/16/2007 03:22:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I love this blog. Unlike most reader blogs around who usually live by gossip, you're totally different which is great. :)

1/16/2007 03:35:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm with Jordis. Keep on rocking Trollop & Harlot. ;)

1/16/2007 04:07:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Ella and I always visit but usually lurk. I just got Twilight and if I finish it by the end of the month, I'd join the book club discussion. :-)

1/16/2007 04:15:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Sasha. I know you girls don't like Jamie and Claire but Outlander is my favorite!!!! ^_^ I also love HP and thanks to your discussion, the DH books too. You have an amazing blog!

1/16/2007 04:50:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Sasha, I love Outlander too! But I don't mind Trollop and Harlot continuously poking and stabbing at it. LOL. I don't know, it's funny the way they do it anyway. ;)

1/16/2007 05:00:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Sarah here from London. Favorite author: Marian Keyes and Jane Green. I love your blog :)

1/16/2007 05:42:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean to say favorite author: Keyes. Currently reading: Green. God I need a drink!

1/16/2007 05:44:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I'm Danielle and I'm an eye candy addict. :P I love this blog and I visit everyday and when I have something to say I comment. It's always good to be heard.

I got engaged last year at the end of September to my boyfriend of 6 years. We spent last Christmas and New Years at his parents' in Virginia and his family appears to like me, thank God. LOL.

Currently reading: Christina Dodd, Trouble in High Heels

1/16/2007 05:59:00 PM  

Blogger Mailyn said...

LOL! I didn't even know there was a delurking week/day thingie but that's awesome!

1/16/2007 06:49:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

Danielle, that's wonderful. Congratulations :D

1/16/2007 08:04:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I should stop lurking but the first time I tried to post a comment blogger didn't let me.

Harlot, thank you for the Far Away video you posted the other week and the hot athletes. Trollop, I hope you feel better soon.

1/16/2007 08:45:00 PM  

Blogger wflooter480 said...

I'll delurk as well and send a *sheepish* hello to the Book Bitches. You both are a fun read and diversion while at work. ;)

Fav author is Tom Robbins. Because of such high reviews from y'all bitches I tried looking for The Bronze Horseman at my local bookstore, but to no avail. Guess I'll have to Amazon it. Currently reading some Vonnegut, but I think my next read will be Bel Canto.

Anywho~ keep on bitchin'!

1/16/2007 10:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! :D Well, I started lurking here a couple of weeks ago, and usually log off laughing each time.

Holy crap, I was just in your last post and I never knew it! I feel like I'm not worthy at all.

But anyway, I love both of your entries, and I should really leave comments more often.

1/17/2007 01:10:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Perth, Western Australia.
I suppose I should comment as I love your blog. Thanks for something honest to read that makes me laugh.

1/17/2007 07:30:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm from Malaysia. I love you Book Bitches :D

I am reading Julie Garwood's "The Prize". I found out about her last year but I got that little push to read her books when Trollop wrote about her and "The Gift". I have been trying to get all of her books ever since .... I am also trying to get "Twilight" but I can't find any copy around here .... Keep on bitchin!

1/17/2007 08:02:00 AM  

Blogger Zuindah said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1/17/2007 01:46:00 PM  

Blogger Zuindah said...

Greetings from Singapore!

I'm sixteen and I stumbled upon your blog months ago. I've been addicted ever since. LOL! I wanted to comment earlier but I felt a little intimidated..

Am I the youngest here? Reading your funny posts and ogling the eyecandies have definitely broaden my horizens!^winkwink^

But it's definitely the book reviews and author interviews that kept me here. I'm a big closet bookworm, and I'm very deprived of book discussions since none of my friends like to read.

Favourite author, Julia London. I'm trying to get a hold of the Twilight too but I can't find it anywhere )):

Anyways, rock on!

Hugs and Kisses ((:

1/17/2007 02:01:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Viva Mzz,
Intimidated? Please, don't be.. I swear, besides Trollop, everyone here is rabbies-free. ;)

Now, i don't know who exactly is our youngest reader. I think Shosh's adorable daughter who is 9 (or is she 10 now?). Have you read the interview we had with Julia? She is uber nice.

About TWILIGHT, if you still can't find it by the end of the week, email me.


Nozomi,
LOL Glad to see you here!


Wflooter,
Oh you have to read TBH!!! It's really an uberly awesome piece of literature. ;P


Danielle,
Congrats! :D That's wonderful news. We wish you and your lucky fiance the best. So when is the wedding?

1/17/2007 02:16:00 PM  

Blogger mezza said...

Hi there, I'm a 23y/o guy from Singapore.

I'm positive there's more than 3 guys reading your blog, maybe they're just too big a bunch of pansies to admit it. (a disturbing statistic claimed that at least 50% of an online chatroom's female membership are actually males in disguise, not too sure if it applies to posting comments as well, LOL)

My sister showed me your site awhile back and I've been faithfully reading it every since. You guys are fun, amusing, and just brilliant! Nothing like the frigid, boring or overhyped rubbish we get in Singapore.

So, about me. I love reading (lots and lots, but in particular Alex Garland and Chuck Palahniuk), music (seriously, the love of my life and it varies quite abit: Classical, Trance, Jazz and anything that falls under the genre of 'melancholic/soulful/emo/suicidal', think Damien Rice or Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" or Sarah Khider's "Mermaid" <-please listen to this one, its great, hauntingly beautiful music!). Unfortunately I'm not getting enough of either due to the insane amount of studying for my upcoming exams.

Anyhow, it's late and I've realised this is an insanely LONG comment. Rock on bitches!

p.s. Harlot, you're gorgeous.

1/17/2007 03:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, another one of your male readers here from Australia. I have been reading your blog since last year and I think you book bitches are sexy, smart, funny and hot!

My favorite author is Stephen King. I'm not familiar with most of the books you discuss except for Harry Potter. Never read it.

1/17/2007 05:16:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*waving hi to everyone! :)

Harlot did you get The Summer Garden yet?

-Marie

1/17/2007 06:30:00 PM  

Blogger Berlin Berlin said...

Have to go get my Nutella and I'm not going to eat it ;) greetings from Berlin
-Patrick

1/17/2007 06:35:00 PM  

Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Long-time lurker. From CA/ now in Milan! Currently obsessed with the BDB and can't wait until March and Book 4.

So many Nutella lovers!!! Speaking of Nutella - we are declaring World Nutella Day for the 8th of February and will be posting on our blogs next week - maybe you can post a pic of that Nutella-covered man you're talking about. Yum!

Thanks for keeping me informed and always growing my TBR list.

1/17/2007 06:58:00 PM  

Blogger Alex said...

Hey bitches! Name's Alex, 23 year old Cuban-American graduate student living in Miami, FL. Came across your blog - nice! I like what I've read so far, keep it up! Somewhat of a reader, the book that caught my eye (which I plan to read) is Working Stiff: he Misadventures of an Accidental Sexpert by Grant Stoddard. I actually saw it last night at B&N and decided I just had to get it. I think that's pretty much it.

I've also got a blog, feel free to check it out sometime, The Many Adventures of Alex in Miami.

Happy blogging!

1/17/2007 07:08:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris here, 26, another one from the land down under. I'm currently trying to learn Japanese and German, and reading my first Jeremy Clarkson book.

Been reading your blog since last November I think. You girls are fun and brilliant. great blog.

Harlot, about that nutella... feel free to take some from me ;)

1/17/2007 08:30:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey;
since so many of the guys de-lurked (standing ovation! ) I have to do it too I guess :)
I'm Ana,23,single,student, from Slovenia, Europe, and a fellow seppie.

Love the eye candy :)

1/18/2007 09:57:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Michael, 29, currently residing in Prague. I find you book bitches refreshing, fun, smart, sexy. Keep up the good work.

Harlot, I'm waiting with that Nutella ;-)

1/18/2007 11:20:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Thanks everyone for delurking, especially for those who think i'm gorgeous and look like a goddess LOL. :P I hope you guys would still comment once in a while. :)


Marie,
Nope. No TSG yet. :( But Marg already have the books and i'll probably get them by the end of January. What are you reading now? Did you get Jennifer Donnelly? You know most PS fans tend to like JD too. Yep. ;)


Ms. Adventures in Italy,
Thanks for that! I'll do a post about it too. Maybe will include some pics LOL.

1/19/2007 03:36:00 AM  

Blogger Natalie said...

Hi all, I guess you might call me a lurker, as I have been visiting way back from when there were four bitches and I have only posted once, oops! My name is Natalie and I live in Cape Town but I am originally from Scotland. I love reading Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kelley Armstrong, Charlaine Harris (anything supernatural really) and I am currently working my way through Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files. I also started reading SEP due to all the recommendations from you gave, so thank you very much. Oh, and for some reason I always have a strong urge to break out the Nutella after each and every visit! x

1/19/2007 01:34:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I'm Jen, I'm 26 and currently living with my boyfriend in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I discovered you girls way back when you still have the blue-faced women header or Smurfettes. I think you girls rock, and you always make me laugh.

Like the above poster Natalie, I started reading SEP because of your strong recommendations. I'm not fond of reading sad books but after some hesitation, I ordered The Bronze Horseman through Ebay and I am so glad I did because it is now one of my favorite books. I really loved it. Thank you so much for that!

1/19/2007 02:13:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard of Jennifer Donnelly. I'll have to look her up. I'm currently reading Love Only Once by Johanna Lindsey. I'm re-reading actually :)

1/19/2007 02:47:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm that last post was from me, Marie. I forgot to write my name at the end damnit.

1/19/2007 02:48:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time visitor. This blog is one of the wittiest blogs I've ever read... great layout as well.

Harlot, I think you're beautiful. (-:

1/19/2007 06:09:00 PM  

Blogger The Periodic Englishman said...

Hello.

1/19/2007 09:57:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trollop, Harlot, I love your blog. I think you guys are amazing. I wanted to comment earlier but I couldn't figure out how. I'm a bit of a blog idiot, sorry. In any case, greetings from Alaska.

1/20/2007 07:08:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bitches! Kon-nichiwa.
I'm Raquel, a Japanese romance fan living in Tokyo. I've been lurking because writing in English is harder than reading.

I'm reading "My Lady Notorious". This is my first Jo Beverley. I don't know why I avoided her, but I like this book. (Maybe the image of men with wig or powdered hair just seemed ridiculous. *g*)

Your blog is fantastic.
Keep going!

1/20/2007 11:18:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Natalie,
Oh, i'm trying to get Charlaine Harris books right now! I want to read more paranormals and her name just keeps on popping up. Hope you post often!


Jen,
Did you get TATIANA AND ALEXANDER too? If you love TBH, the sequel is a MUST read! ;)


Marie,
Jennifer Donnelly is amazing. I really love THE TEA ROSE and i'm getting the sequel THE WINTER ROSE (together with TSG and GITS--ha! :P) in a couple of weeks. YAYAYAYAY! LOL


Raquel,
You know, my English improved when i started writing. You can practice here.. ;) Hope we see you here often.
Oh, i have that Jo Beverley book but i've never read it LOL. Dunno why.. I always skip it when i choose something to read. :/ So it's good huh?


Lesley,
LOL Believe me, *i* used to be the a computer idiot. Well, Trollop will say i still am. :/ I think she almost killed me once when we we're installing Age of Empires, that evil woman! *sniff*

1/21/2007 04:04:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh btw, for those who don't have a Blogger account and don't want to keep posting as ANONYMOUS, under that "choose an identity" thingy below the comment box, just choose OTHER and then type your name. ;)

1/21/2007 04:10:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi bitches. Trollop, hope you're feeling better. Last time I checked you were sick.
I'm sorry this is late but I've been away for a week. I'm one of those who visit every day but don't comment. I will try to comment more.
I'm Callie from Missouri, 24, student, majoring in Economy, and I love this blog! I love Stephen King, David Sedaris, Janet Evanovich, Sophie Kinsella and Lisa Kleypas.
I am currently rereading the Shopaholic series, one of my favorites of all time. :)

1/21/2007 04:55:00 AM  

Blogger Tine said...

Okay, hope I'm not too late here :P

I've been reading your blog for quite some time now, but have only commented twice (sorry!)

I hail from the land of food, aka Malaysia, I'm 27 this year (scary), my favourite authors are Judith Mcnaught, Julie Garwood, Jill Barnett, Sophie Kinsella, and many more. I do go commando once in a while ;)

1/21/2007 08:34:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I got my nerve up to post a while back I guess I can't call me a lurker anymore. I'm Mare from NJ, don't really have favorite authors but lately I've been reading Liu, JD Ward, Showalter, Rachel Gibson, Michele Albert, Susan Mallery, Shannon Donnely. Just finished "A Death in Belmont" by S Junger and now reading Hot Dish (Brockway). Didn't think I'd like going commando, but i do and try to do it often. And I'm glad I found the Bitches!

1/21/2007 10:43:00 PM  

Blogger M.Amanda said...

Hmmm, I haven't left a comment on this post because technically I don't think I'm not a lurker, though I don't comment on every post. But I'll leave one here anyway.

You girls are fabulous and fun and so sweet and welcoming to your visitors that you are a couple of my favorite bloggers. And it doesn't hurt that Harlot posts such wonderful eye candy. I'm a sucker for Wanker pics. You can probably count on me for 10 visits a day when he is the subject. Swoon.

1/22/2007 02:21:00 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

Okay! Okay! I meant to 'delurk' last week, but I forgot...and then I got lazy...and then I forgot again. Love your blog! I can't remember how I found it. I think I was hitting the 'Next Blog' button one day and ran across it. Sounds familiar, anyway. Have a wonderful Monday (what's left of it)! :)

1/22/2007 05:14:00 PM  

Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Ciao Harlot - since I wrote that, we finalized the date for World Nutella Day - it's been moved up to the 6th. :)

I have more info on my blog (and one of those participant buttons if you like) or on www.nutelladay.com

Keep on reading, bitches. :)

1/24/2007 01:12:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Welcome you guys. :)


Ciao Ms. AIT!
Oh, i already marked the 8th so i won't forget LOL. Thanks for the info. :D

1/25/2007 07:45:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay okay i have officially posted in the delurking thread. i am de-lurked.

i like long walks on the beach, blah, blah...

this is vanessa who will see 300 twice IF she can afford it. i noticed there are other vanessas commenting here, so i shall use my blog id from now on.

lurker out.

2/12/2007 05:39:00 PM