Saturday, January 13, 2007

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

A couple of days ago, over at FABB’s,** someone posted one of those “things to think about” forwards. There were some interesting, and many non-interesting LOL, things in it, but this one really caught my attention and made me wonder. I mean, if you had to choose something to wear for all eternity what would it be?

For most of us, I guess it would depend on whether we believe we’re going to heaven, hell, limbo, stick around as a ghost and/or end up wherever else it is people go to.

I’ve come to the decision that I’m making sure they bury me in sweatpants, a sports bra and a tee. Just in case I have to do a lot of running in hell, you know, to skip the fires. LOL

What about you, anything in particular you want to wear or take with you?

**Favorite Author’s Bulletin Board

Labels:


20 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

Do you get stuck in whatever clothes you'll be buried in for all eternity?

Hmm.. if that's the case then i have to say i *want* to be buried in my current fave fairy dress: a purple polka dots. :D So cute! Just because i'm dead doesn't mean i shouldn't be pretty, ya know.

But, well, *sigh* for practicality's sake, i guess i have to settle with sweatpants too. I mean i don't want to go to hell :( but since Trollop's dragging me with her, i have to be prepared for possible fire breathing dragons, three headed humongous ugly doggies, and other such evils. :/

1/13/2007 11:00:00 AM  

Blogger Girlie said...

I won't worry so much about the clothes. I'll go naked. I'd really just like to be endowed with creative thinking so that I can make a novel in my head...I assume hell is going to be too fiery for any decent book to survive. Man, I'd really hate it if I can't read anything if I am going to be stuck there for eternity.

1/13/2007 11:28:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Good question Trollop. Since we're talking of eternity here, I have to consider a lot of things.

I keep imagining myself in jeans though. I wear jeans almost everyday and i feel very comfortable in it, and it doesn't go out of style. ;) So yeah, jeans and a nice fitting tee.

1/13/2007 11:29:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

No book to read for all eternity? That sucks!

One of the images i have of heaven is this huuuuge library where any book you want is available and accessible. There are very comfy couches/chairs everywhere and you can have the yummiest hot choco and just lie there and read. *sigh*

1/13/2007 11:39:00 AM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Harlot, that is my picture of Heaven. And in this heaven, anyone I really love are all nuts about books too, and we're all lounging about reading our favorite book.

And in this heaven, my favorite book is never worn, even after my baby gums it to smitherens.

1/13/2007 11:43:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Shosh, that's a good one. :D

I have to ask really, you think there's gonna be sex in heaven? LOL I mean, since it's supposed to be paradise and all, and since nothing is better than amazing sex :P (i know i know, besides being at peace with the Almighty..), is there gonna be sex in there? Of course i have to give in and agree that it's only for marriage couples since premarital sex is still a sin. Er, isn't it? :S

1/13/2007 12:02:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Oh please, I hope there's lots of sex in heaven. And I hope that it is not limited to married couple only, though married couple can only touch themselves, because if I have to watch my DH do someone else, then it will be hell.

Monkey sex would be great addition to my heaven. LOL. Ok, Wild Monkey sex.

BTW, WTF is wilde monkey sex?

1/13/2007 12:56:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Tough question Trollop. I guess I'll go with a nice fitting jeans and top, both fire-proof. LOL.

1/13/2007 12:57:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

OK. I just realized I haven't really answered the question.

I'd go for jeans and tank tops. My favorite sneakers too.

And in my heaven, the floor had better be uber clean all the fucking time!

1/13/2007 01:00:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Oh yes please, sex in heaven! LMAO!

My idea of heaven, something with a big bed and the softest pillows with a flat screen in front of it and the most beautiful view when you look outside. That includes room service or maybe I can just clap my hands and whatever food I want will magically appear! LOL

1/13/2007 01:02:00 PM  

Blogger Nikky said...

Levi's, Reeboks and a big hoodie sweatshirt (Im in Minnesota, I dont care if I end up in Hell, I guarantee I will STILL be cold!)

It's what I'm wearing now actually...

1/13/2007 02:45:00 PM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

OMG--then I want to be buried in my Vic Secret jammies. They're IN my color wheel and with my luck, if I'm not careful, I'd friggin' end up wearing something like yellow for an eternity.

OY--I just shuddered. LOLLOL

DC :)

1/13/2007 03:00:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Dakota LOL. Ok I want flip flops, sweatshirt and jeans.

Ladybug, I would like that too! A magical room service where you can have whatever food you want by just clicking your fingers. That would be awesome!

1/13/2007 04:17:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

And here I thought everyone wears the same kind of night gowns in heaven.

I'd like to be buried in my pj's then. Soft, comfy, and I can wear it for all eternity. And I want something white (to match the clouds LOL) and silky!

1/13/2007 04:26:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

One of the images i have of heaven is this huuuuge library where any book you want is available and accessible.

Have you read Robin McKinley's Beauty? The library the Beast gives her is described pretty much like that. It even has books that haven't been written/published yet. (This was before the Disney version - methinks Disney owes her at least a nod...)

Anyway... I'd like to be wearing something comfortable. I think I could walk around in my pajamas forever.

As for what I'd take with me (assuming I get in, that is), I think R. B. Cunningham Graham said it best: "God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." So basically, my idea of heaven is one giant library connected to a giant (self-cleaning) barn.

1/13/2007 05:02:00 PM  

Blogger Tisty said...

when I get to heaven (using poitive thought energy to change the inevertable) I don't really care what I'm wearing on the outside, but I expect god to have either invented a super sexy comfortable bra that really is both sexy and comfortable or changed the laws of gravity so said torture item is not needed!!!!!

1/13/2007 06:12:00 PM  

Blogger Jo said...

my black capri pjs from victoria's secret..... and.... a tank top and a sweatshirt I bought in London that I live in.... that way.... when I get to heaven, I won't be cold.... yay.... i'm a good lil girl... ps... maybe i will finally be able to reach the big o from sex in heaven....

1/13/2007 06:27:00 PM  

Blogger Claudia said...

hmmm....to be stuck for all eternity in one outfit? Isn't that hell right there? I mean..what if there is a social outing and you're stuck in your pajamas? wouldn't that be a bit embarassing??? :)

1/14/2007 12:16:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i'm just glad that there's going to be sex in heaven (with lots of orgasms, i hope ;P) then naked may be the way to go. Or maybe one of those convertible dress/skirt/top things...Nah! I think i'd choose a nice comfy pair of shorts and a soft tee

rod's girl

1/14/2007 06:40:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Claudia, LOL! And I was thinking I should have answered pjs. I mean it's very comfortable and soft.. Oh who cares about social gahterings! I now want to be buried in my pjs! ;)

1/16/2007 03:40:00 PM