Monday, January 15, 2007

What d'ya think?

My Trollop is sick *sniff* and I’ve been such a horrible bitch to her. I’m sorry, babe... :( You know I love you. And, well, I’m not THAT hard-headed!!! *grrr*

Anyway, yesterday I came upon Kelley Armstrong’s forum where one of their lovely members linked several posts we did on book covers. (Hullo Nozomi. *waves* :D) Although they seem to love our articles, a particular reply got my attention:


HA They are hilarious!! I love these links, I cant navigate that site at all!


I have to ask: Anyone else feels the same way? If so, what exactly makes it confusing/hard to navigate our blog? What problems have you encountered while browsing it?

When you want info about Trollop or me, contact email, copyright blah blah, BBC, archives, authors we’ve had for interviews, our love slaves, it’s all in the sidebar. There’s also our ticker (that box on top of our tagboard) where our favorite posts are always scrolling waiting for your perusal. Under that, a very handy search box can be found.

Trollop and I want our readers to have fun, and yes, for them to keep visiting LOL. Hence, dear gorgeous ones, this is your chance to tell us what you think. What would you like to see more/less of on our blog? What other features, navigation, content you’d like us to add?

We promise to consider everyone’s suggestions/ideas but please take note, we’ll never sacrifice our blog design to add crap LOL. And, sorry, no navbar either since it fugs our purrty header; anything else is possible. So, what are ya waiting for, speak up! ;)

Labels:


20 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

Ale,
I guess it's possible that's the case, but she said "navigate". :/ I mean, what's hard to navigate? I want to know really, so it's possible we can fix it.

1/15/2007 01:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no complaints about navigating the site, as long a the nearly-naked men are only a click away ...

But as long as you are soliciting complaints, I do have to say that the color combo for the comments on archived posts drives me nut. On my computer it shows up as gray text on a pink back ground and I find it very difficult to read. Just my 0.02. I don't think I have controls to change this (without changing all of my colors or something); tell me if I do.

1/15/2007 03:03:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

I don't know Harlot, all look fine to me. Whether I use my laptop or the the office computer, I've yet to encounter a problem navigating the blog.

1/15/2007 03:21:00 PM  

Blogger reviewer said...

I don't have any problems either.
Looks great around here.

1/15/2007 03:33:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

2nd Amdt,
Will look into that and will change the font into.. i don't know, purple? Let's see...

1/15/2007 04:21:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the layout and never had a problem.
I do agree with 2ndadmt about the gray and pink. Just needs a darker color text I think :)

1/15/2007 04:21:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

I too love this layout. Its unique, I have yet to see anything like it. Anyway I used to have a problem with the blog, I couldn't see half of the left sidebar and the damn tagboard just kept on scrolling down. But all I had to do was adjust my screen and everything went fine. :)

1/15/2007 04:37:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

I personally think this site's perfect. Whenever I have a need to have a quality time with BOB, I just head over here and browse. LOL. OK. I don't really have a favorite BOB right now, but if I do, I'll be here.

I am a lurker, but only because every time I try to comment, my child would hit on that button that turns off my computer. I kid you not. It's like 7 out of ten!

Can you make the title clickable? So that I can read all the comments? Purty please?

1/15/2007 08:17:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

I don't have any problem with your blog. In fact I love everything about it.

If I have to ask for something, it would be to take the word verification off here in comments. Those damn letters are so very annoying! I guess it's a necessary evil to keep spammers away... oh well.

1/15/2007 08:40:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Never had a problem, totally love this layout. I'm with Polly though, i hate the word verification. But yeah, I know it's important. Sigh...

1/15/2007 09:26:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Sorry girls, word verification has to stay. I know, i know, it's a pain. Good thing this new Blogger has a feature where the blog owners (moi and Trollop) don't have to use it anymore. So yeah, i want to say i feel your pain but, oh boy, *sigh* i don't really. :/ (heh!) Okay, i'll work on that comment font color now. :P


Shosh,
Clickable title? I'm not sure how to do that. But sure LOL, will look into that.

1/16/2007 09:49:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

No complaints on this front (today, anyway ;-) ). Are you a Kelley Armstrong fan, too?

1/16/2007 01:49:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Harlot, you're a Goddess!

I absolutely love the clickable title. See, I am a lurker, coz if I leave a comment everytime I pop by...you might start wondering how i have time to do that and mother 5 kids, and wife a man. LOL.

1/16/2007 02:25:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Shosh,
Well, you ask for it so.. ;) I had to search for the code though LOL as our template isn't compatible with a clickable post title.


Dance,
Not really a fan but after reading BITTEN, i just had to read all of her Otherworldly books (there are 6). Have you read BITTEN? Totally loved it. It's different from other paranormals i've read. And oh. My. God. If someone would want/love me as much as Clay loves Elena, i swear i would DIE deliriously happy. Oh Clay... *sigh*

1/16/2007 03:17:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

I've read Bitten - it was probably one of the first paranormals I read - and yes, totally fell for "the resident psycopath" ;-) . He does kinda skirt the line between too over-bearing and just protective enough, doesn't he? I also like Clay's relationship with Jeremy, as well as with Nick, both of whom I think needs his own book.

Have you read the online novella of Clay and Elena's initial courtship? It's not as polished as the published books, but still very, very good. So far, I've only read 4 of her books - the three with Clay and Elena as protags (Bitten, Stolen and Broken), and Haunted, which I liked, but not nearly as much as Bitten. I haven't read the other ones yet.

1/16/2007 03:40:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I've read all except DIME STONE MAGIC as i don't have that one. And read the online novellas too. The others are not as good really, BITTEN is the best for me.

Now, tell me, seriously, WHY WHY WHY do sexy psychopaths fall in love with Elena??? She is so whiny and such a weakling! I can totally take her, oh i can! And for Clay, oh man... i'd eat her heart out if i have to. Thank god in BROKEN she finally got over that "bastard, you bit me i can't be with you" crap she's been milking since the first book. Gah.

Hmm, i think i'll do a post about this series.. Yeah, i think i will. ;D

1/16/2007 03:59:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Yes, I think you should. :p Might have to dig out Bitten in that case and re-read it (I hate not having bookshelves). I didn't have the reaction you did to Elena... but maybe I should be saving these thoughts until you blog about it? ;-)

1/17/2007 12:55:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys, Im the intial poster ("I cant navigate that site") Im pretty much a computer retard, give me a simple task, I'll f*ck it up;P I was just a little confused on how to access all of your blogs. Id love to read all of them, but could only find things like 'latest comments' and 'favorites'. I figured it out tho, there is an Archives list that I missed the first couple time around. Thanks for noticing problems and wanting to fix them, its nice to know you care about your fans!

1/18/2007 12:03:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hey Anon!
Welcome, and i'm glad to see you here. Well, if there are readers who are encountering problems accessing our blog, Trollop and i want to know and why/what exactly. Thanks and i hope you visit us often like Nozomi. :)

1/19/2007 03:41:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suggest you add a link to http://thebookbitches.blogspot.com at the top of the sidebar. I got to this site via a link to one of the older pages, and I couldn't find an easy way to get to the latest posts. I know I can scroll down several screens to get to the archives, but I usually expect to see a link to "home" near the top.

1/28/2007 11:59:00 AM