Sunday, January 20, 2008

BBC: "Crazy" series

I can’t begin to tell you how much I’ve enjoyed these books. It’s been a long time since I was this hooked on an author or on a series. These novels are like crack or cocaine or something equally addictive; like great covered-in-Nutella hot sex. *mamasita*

I know I was supposed to post this last Monday but, come on, it’s only a week late and in my defense:
  • This week we started the 100 days countdown towards the elections (double the work double the fun for me *g*).
  • I couldn’t put any of the “Steele Streets” books down long enough to actually sit down and do this. Bad, bad Trollop.
  • I’ve discovered that there are dozens and dozens of blogs and BBs out there—that I knew nothing of—so I’ve been blog-hopping a lot (bit embarrassed).
These are the first couple of questions we’ll be discussing from: Crazy Hot, Crazy Cool and Crazy Wild by Tara Janzen. If anyone wants to discuss the following books in the series feel free to do so. (I’ve yet to read Cutting Loose so ye be warned, heathens: Any spoilers on Zack are punishable by death!)

I’ll post my answers in the comments section and I want to encourage you guys to add your own questions as well when you comment. *g* And yes, I’m making you guys do my work but my brain is too addled by hot men and fast cars at the moment to form coherent sentences.
  • Favorite hero and favorite heroine. Why?
  • Favorite secondary couple.
  • Do you think there is any way J.T. Chronopoulos could come back from the dead and have his own book? And here we’re going to play a little something I like to call: “Let’s pretend this is a soap opera and tell me how you’d stage J.T.’s comeback.”
  • Hottest sex scene.
  • Which of the chop-shop boys do you think is best equipped to be featured in the next installment of “The Big Cock Theory”? *g*

Labels: ,


21 comment(s):

Blogger Menchie said...

Can I comment even if I haven't read any of the three? Freaking bookstore doesn't have it.

But I do have the last five books already and currently at Smith's story. but I don't want to spoil it for the others who have yet to read books 4-6 so I'll shut up.

But to answer Trollop's last question, from something Kid said in Book 4 -- it's Superman Hawkins.

1/20/2008 10:05:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Oh man I haven't started yet! I just got my copies the other day. This discussion will last the whol of January? I will hurry reading the first book so I can join the discussion.

1/21/2008 08:22:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read Hot and Cool and am just starting Wild.I will def have to order the remainder of the series.
It's amazing that one can read 20 books a a month and still find out there is a great author with several books out there that the one did not even know of. THANK YOU for bringing these to my attention!!!
I may be the only one, so far from other reviews I've read, but I really love Quinn the most. Of course that may change with further reading. I love how the alpha males seemingly melt into the lady of their choice, and yet not one of them fight it, they are secure enoough just to go with the feeling. As far as sex-- in the freight elevator with the whole film noir thing going and- "He had a death grip on the spoiler and his other arm around her, anchoring her to him, and he was the one silently pleading....please." I think I had to read that line like 3 times!!!

1/21/2008 09:20:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

1) My favorite hero so far is Creed for Crazy Wild. And no, it's not only b/c he's gorgeous and LOVES going down on women *wink* There's just something about him that called to me. I think it's because he was so tortured about JT's death. It shows me how loyal he is and how capable of loving.

My favorite heroine is Honey from Crazy Sweet/On the Loose. She reminds me so much of myself. People think I'm spoiled and brainless and I do act the part to be honest LOL

2) My favorite secondary couple was Kid and Nikki. That scene when he comes back after JT's death and they're in the art gallery closet broke my heart. I hurt for him and loved how Nikki handled it all.

I really liked Baby Bang and Hart in Crazy Wild. To me, they were a much better secondary couple than they ended up being in their own book.

3) I love J.T. I don't even know him and I love him. All of them say he was the best of the chop-shop boys and that enough makes me curious.

As for bringing him back for the dead, I'm going to quote the movie Soapdish which I absolutely love and has this hilarious scene between Whoopie Goldberg and Robert Downie Jr.:

WG: Rod Randall is back from the dead? How dumb is this? The man was killed in in an auto accident.

RDJr.: So he wasn't killed. He was maimed. We give him reconstructive surgery.

WG:What are you talking about? The guy was decapitated. I looked it up.

He was on his way to the Yukon
in a pink convertible...to see his brother who was an ex-con named Francis... when a tractor-trailer came along and decapitated him. You know what that means. He doesn't have a head! How am I supposed to write for a guy that doesn't have a head? He's got no lips, no vocal cords.
What do you want me to do?


RDJr.: They froze the head, put it back on in a two-day operation.
Use your imagination!


4)There must be a reason they call Hawkins Superman LOL and yet, for some reason I think Quinn is the biggest of them if you know what I mean. Isn't there a scene where the heroine tells him something like "there's no way that's going to fit in there". Can't remember but will look in Crazy Hot.

1/21/2008 01:14:00 PM  

Blogger Alice said...

1. My favorite is either Kid or Christian, but I'll say Kid since I fell in love with him first (I read his book first, lol). I LURVE Kid because he falls in love with Nikki (I imagine him to stand there when he first meets her and gets sucker punched in the stomach) and because he is so torn up about his brother. Not that any other person wouldn't be, but his grief was so thick and he was so dead set on avenging his brother's death that he was gone to the world. I find that trait honorable and totally lovable.

I also LOVE Nikki because she is so unconventional and so passionate about her art work. She isn't the typical gorgeous-hot bod, boy-attracting girl.

The chemistry that they have together is amazing and so poignant, especially when Kid cries in Nikki's arms. I just about cried with him.

2. Favorite secondary HAS to be Christian and Katya. Christian and Katya fell in love YEARS ago when they were teenagers, bad things happened, and then he meets her again. I love that he's still wowed by her and I love that he rescues her, still. He was required to do so, but you know that he would have even if it wasn't required. Christian's just awesome like that.

I love their history together and I love first-love stories, so naturally, I loved this one as well.

3. NO and I'd HATE it if she brought J.T. back. It would make EVERYONE'S grief and trial so... trivial. A bit like, "yea, they cried their hearts out for JT but he REALLY wasn't dead so ALL the work that they did FOR JT and all of the tears shed... really wasn't necessary." It nullifies Kid, Christian, Creed, Dylan's and everyone else's story minus Quinn because his happens before the truth about JT is found.

If she DID write a story about him, I'd write her a nastily worded email... with something along the lines of her being stupid, her being an idiot, and her ruining the series.

4. Hottest? Definitely when Christian and Kat are in the car. With Katya's triple order of whip-creamed mocha drink and Chinese food. That scene was steamy.

5. Oh jeez, I have no clue. *blushes*

1/22/2008 02:50:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished Crazy Wild last night, so I can finally comment! I have the rest of the series waiting, so my answers may change but since this is technically first three only, here we go.

1. My favorite hero has got to be Creed. I love the tragic, anguished alpha who is so tortured he can hardly see straight finding the one woman who can help him get his life back together. I loved that he was willing to give up his entire life for her if that was what it took.

My favorite heroine is Regan, hands-down. I, too, am a bookish nerd, and I could totally see myself in her story. Replace the paleontologist with, say, a state veterinarian, and the diamonds smuggled in bones to diamonds smuggled in live puppies (it happens in the drug trade so it's not entirely unfeasible!) and I get to run off on a honeymoon with sexy Quinn. *g*

2. My favorite secondary couple was a close call between Kid/Nikki and Skeeter/Dylan, but I have to go with Skeeter and Dylan because it completely caught me by surprise! In Superman's book, when Skeeter and Travis met and she realized he was a dead ringer for Creed, I was imagining a future book where they needed Creed for some job and he wasn't available so they had to pull Travis in as a fake. I saw a relationship between Travis and Skeeter, and then in Crazy Wild it was like...oh, yeah, there's also Dylan. Their relationship is just getting started, but what happened at the end of Crazy Wild was very sweet.

3. I agree with Alice that he *shouldn't* because the suffering by the chop-shop boys would have been in vain. I also don't see how it could be pulled off, since Creed was right there in the mud, watching him die. The only thing I can imagine is they drugged Creed when they beat him and convinced him that's what he was seeing, the photos were doctored, and the body sent to Kid was just a guy who kind of looked like JT. I mean, if you're looking at the butchered body of a guy you think is your brother, you'd probably be pretty easily convinced without closely examining beaten bruised facial features. Then we'd have to answer the question of what the hell he's been doing while presumed dead. It would just be too crazy.

4. Again, I agree with Alice. I loved that scene in Superman's car. He was so anal about keeping it clean and it drove him crazy that she kept spilling things in his car, but he wanted her so bad and lost so much control that they did it in the car maybe 100 ft from his loft.

5. Hmm...maybe Kid, because it was specifically mentioned that he needed Magnum condoms and he thought Nikki was small for him. I like to imagine they are all perfect specimens. :D

1/22/2008 09:21:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Sheila,

Re: I love how the alpha males seemingly melt into the lady of their choice, and yet not one of them fight it, they are secure enoough just to go with the feeling.

That's my favorite thing about this series. How can you not fall in love with men like that?

I hate pussy heroes that spend the whole book whining about falling in love because it's bad for you or some such crap. Sissy idiots! LOL

Alice (mikal),

Re: NO and I'd HATE it if she brought J.T. back. It would make EVERYONE'S grief and trial so... trivial.

So true *sniff* And yet I'm so curious about J.T. I need to know what made him the best of them when they are all so perfect already! LOL I'm in love with him and I don't even know him.

Carrie,

Re: since this is technically first three only, here we go.

We can discuss all the books you guys like , as long as we add SPOILER about(whatever book) before the comments so others are warned.

RE: maybe Kid, because it was specifically mentioned that he needed Magnum condoms and he thought Nikki was small for him

Oh LOL I'd forgotten about that! Magnun huh? I do love Kid Chaos *g*

I forgot my fave sex scene in my answers:

I love Superman and Kat in the car. It was so funny how he kept thinking what a slob she was getting his car dirty and how Skeeter was going to have his head for it LOL and yet when it came to it he made the bigger mess in the car with all that sex, coffee and chinese food. I love love love Superman.

I also loved the part when Kat was drunk and she's putting her hands down Superman's pants in the elevator and he's thinking of all the reasons he shouldn't do that and at the same time kissing her, and then of course they reach their floor and Dylan finds them! That scene was priceless.

I love these books *sigh* I'm only missing Cutting Loose which I haven't bought yet *sniff*

1/22/2008 10:29:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goody goody. Finally I get to discuss these fabulous books with someone other than myself LMAO

Favorite hero Superman -the name says it all.

Favorite heroine Kat. She's calm, cool and collected yet comes completely undone around Hawkins.

Secd. favorite couple: Kid and Nikki. She's the only virgin heroine in the whole series but she doesn't whine and moan about losing her virginity to someone she just met. I thought it was perfect.

I have thought about J.T. Chronopoulous a lot. I am very curious about him. I know Tara Janzen can't make a book about his past because the hea factor wouldn't work but maybe she could turn paranormal and have him come back as a vampire or something. The Mission: Suck on me. lol

My favorite sex scene is Creed in the jungle waterfall.

1/22/2008 06:08:00 PM  

Blogger Alice said...

Trollop, I am immensely curious about JT as well. I want to know why he was so amazing.. not that the other guys aren't amazing, but I want to know, still, dangit!

I've read all the way through "On the Loose" and didn't enjoy that one that much. I do want to read Campos' story because he sounds drop-dead gorgeous and totally hunky (I'm shallow, what can I say?). But I won't buy it - after Crazy Sweet, Crazy Love, and On the Loose, I don't feel like buying her books off the rack before reading.

1/22/2008 07:30:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

My favorite hero is Quinn. He's a war hero but he knows how to be really bad. ;)

I don't like romance novels where the heroine immediately hooks up with the hero hours after they met. But Quinn and Regan did and it didn't bother me at all. I agree with Sheila. One of the best parts of this series is how the heroes don't do a pussy dance around their feelings and just go with the flow. They love their heroine, they don't stupidly fight it or deny it.

My favorite secondary couple: Nikki and Kid. I keep thinking of Susan Elizabeth Phillips, who writes great secondary couples and I think Tara Janzen does it equally good.

I really like Quinn so I choose his sex scenes with Regan. Hot, very steamy. That part when Hawkins comes in and found then going at it was very funny.

1/23/2008 06:35:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Jolie, I'd completely forgotten about Superman hearing in on Regan and Quinn LOL That was damn funny. And then Hawkin's goes and kisses her and Regan got all hot and bothered about it which was a hoot too.

I love these books!

1/23/2008 09:58:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1/23/2008 09:58:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*SPOILER ALERT* from Crazy Kisses!!







READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!






Ok, I presume only people who want to read this are reading. I have to revise my answer as to which chop-shop boy is the best equipped. I read Crazy Kisses last night, and Kid sees the painting Nikki did of Superman and freaks a little. It's a 12 ft painting and his cock is 18 inches, which makes me think about 9 inches in real life since Nikki is brutally honest in her paintings and wouldn't enhance something like that. Then there's the question of whether he was hard or not in the pic... So yeah, I think Superman maybe wins. I'm going to assume he's not gross and scary looking like the Rolling Stones mag guy.

Speaking of the paintings, am I the only one who wishes these were real? Tara Janzen describes them so beautifully I can picture them in my mind, but I want to see them in real life! Some artist needs to get on that.

1/23/2008 10:16:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in the middle of book two
Crazy Cool and must say I'm loving them so far.
Hope to post more later.

Angela Low

1/23/2008 12:40:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

RE: Kid sees the painting Nikki did of Superman and freaks a little. It's a 12 ft painting and his cock is 18 inches

Wasn't that a painting of Creed? Or am I getting confused? Can't remember Crazy Kisses all that well. It was my second Crazy book (yeah, I don't care about order, sue me! LOL).

I love Nikki's paintings. I love the description of the angels.

Hey Angela Glad you are enjoying the crazy books!

1/23/2008 01:46:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Wasn't that a painting of Creed?

She also did one of Creed, but he was not nude. Superman was. *g*

1/23/2008 02:27:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read hot and cool ..awaiting the arrival of wild. Grrrr.

Favorite hero so far has got to be Kid. He came across so passionate to me. The way he felt about his brother, avenging his death, the way he felt about Nikki. His intro to her was by far one of my favorite parts of the book. The way they were both so wrapped up with each other immediately and tried to play it off and not get noticed.

Heroine - Regan. Hands down. Just because I felt that I could immediately relate to her. Her prim and proper image and then she loses all composure around Quinn. I just loved her from the beginning.

Secondary couple is Nikki and Kid.
To be that much in love from the beginning, I don't know what it was about them. I just really enjoyed their story a lot.

JT can not come back. It's been said over and over. I think he is better served as the missing icon.

The hottest scene to me is definitely the car with Kat and Christian in the car. Been there done that..not in a transport elevator in the middle of Denver though. Hot Hot Hot.
I found it funny that Skeeter and Travis wound up there eating the food that was left in the car too.

Ummmm I am going with Superman on the big cock theory. If not, it would totally blow the image I have of him in my head. :)

1/24/2008 10:44:00 PM  

Blogger Shosh said...

I can't answer these questions yet because I am still on the first book, but I don't this is 'the 1st book'.

I can tell that I am going to like Dylan...will he get Skeeter? Because you know, he's lusting after her. And he sounds so sexy! Yum!

1/25/2008 03:13:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the middle of book three
but must say love Superman and Kat
the best so far.
I have gotten book 4 and will start on it next.

Angela Low

1/28/2008 01:03:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Angela,

I'm screaming here "what about Creed?" LOL

Superman is my fave character throughout the series. He is in every book and you get to read about his HEA with Kat in all the other books. I think he's probably JT's fave too b/c no other chop-shop boy gets as much air time.


******SPOILERS CUTTING LOOSE******

I just finished Cutting Loose *sniff* The moment Alejandro Campost turned into Zack Prai (or something like that LOL) I lost all interest *yawn*. I didnt like the secondary characters, there was wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much Red Dog crap going on and too little of my fave boys. A definite 2 thumbs down on that one.

1/28/2008 02:28:00 PM  

Blogger Shoshana said...

I'm reading about Christian right now, and have finished Creed. I still want to read Dylan's book. Does he have a book?

I am not sure why I'm liking Christian, but maybe it's because he has history with the girl. I always like it when they have old stuff in the mix.

2/06/2008 11:14:00 AM