Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Bare necessities

I left my apartment very early this morning. In my job, I’ve learned that “civilized” people get up at uncivilized hours (5 a.m.) to have breakfast meetings (6 a.m.). I, as usual, was running late; but no matter how late I am, I cannot leave my house without the “essential” things I need to get through the day.

No matter where I’m going, even if it’s to the bakery two blocks away from my house (best whole-wheat croissants ever!), I will take with me:

A book (at the moment, The Devil Wears Prada). I will read everywhere and anywhere: at the supermarket while steering the shopping cart around the isles, in my car during red lights and/or stuck in traffic, waiting in line at the bank, at university when I’m supposed to be listening to boring class (have huge Louis Vuitton tote, put it in front of me and hide book behind it LOL).

Blistex. Hello, I’m Vicious Trollop, and I’m a Blistex addict. I run through these wonderful little pots as models run through cocaine LOL.

Credit Card. I feel naked without it. Two weeks ago I went to the mall to get my boss’s b-day present and stumbled upon a shoe sale in one of my favorite stores. Amid the horrid crap that I’ve no idea where they get for sales (first guess would be the Salvation Army)—because this stuff is never there during the regular season!—I found a cute pair of flat gypsy sandals. At checkout I went crazy, I couldn’t find my card! I was literally hyperventilating! It was a total nightmare, I was almost in tears. *sniff*

So I wonder, what can’t you leave your house without? I’m sure it’s different for us all. There’s a girl at work that carries her blow-dryer around LOL. She says she always has it in her trunk in case of emergencies. No idea what would constitute a blow drying emergency though!

Labels:


10 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

I swear you eat Blistex.

Okay, here's my list: book, cellphone, money, hair pins lol.

2/08/2006 03:34:00 PM  

Blogger Tart said...

Never leave without - keys, cellphone, pen, MAC lipgloss compact (six glosses/lipstick pallet), wallet, bus pass, sunglasses and business cards LOL.

2/08/2006 04:35:00 PM  

Blogger continuitygirl said...

I would have to add ipod to your list and bus pass and substitute carmex for blistex, but I honestly can't leave my home without the essentials either.

2/08/2006 06:44:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When by myself: cell phone, license, credit card, keys, book.
You don't want to know what I have to bring when my kids are with me.

2/08/2006 11:16:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me:Any handy book by SEP (even if it is on the nth time I keep on rotating them), cellphone, wallet, driver's license, car key, money and my eyeglass. I read a book in the parlor, jeepney, bus, in car (but not while driving).:)

2/09/2006 06:28:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine is a big bag: always a book (the tube is a disgusting place without it)and cell phone, keys, wallet, credit cards, ID, driver's license, sunglasses, agenda, winter gloves, clinique cream, mini bottle of perfume and, I don't know where they come from, blue pilot pen, black pilot pen, red pilot pen, nice and soft blue pilot pen, violet pilot pen... Yes, got a problem with pilot pens...
E.

2/09/2006 09:14:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the damn SCREECHING POST is back! gimme an effin break!lol

In addition all those necessities, I never leave without a bottle of water. Sunglasses, cell, lipstuff credit card, book. Funny how many take a book. Thought i was the only one...

Tami

2/09/2006 11:35:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cell phone, credit cards, cash, pen, chapstick, keys, facial tissue for my kids drippy noses!
I prefer them in a bag, but if not, I'd stuff them anywhere, inside my bra if I have to!

2/09/2006 10:37:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. This is 'Ellis Bell' aka 'Cheap Strumpet' from JMBB. Hehe just thought I'd drop by and tell you how much I really HATE Devil Wears Prada. I thought it sucked. That's all :p

2/14/2006 11:40:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot to mention how much I enjoy this blog. Harlot, you will be missed in JMBB. Thought you were fun :)

2/14/2006 11:41:00 AM