Friday, November 25, 2005

Harlot: A bitch and a book pimp

Seldom do I find myself reading a book that is literally “unputdownable,” and when I do, no one can make me shut up about it. I’ll badger my friends to read it, stopping only when they finally give in. Hey, I’m just being a good friend! Don’t want them to miss an outstanding read. *g* Here’s an example of how I do it:

Harlot: THE BRONZE HORSEMAN!
Harlot: Read it, read it, read it, read it!
Harlot: YOU VICIOUS TROLLOP, READ TBH! Do I have to send you my copy? I would die to part with it, but you HAVE to read it.
Trollop: I’ll get one, don’t worry, especially since you will have a coronary if I don’t.
Harlot: Good. I promise you’ll love it.
Trollop: But honestly, babe, Russia, starving people during a war, two sisters fighting for one man, prostitutes? It’s not my idea of a fun read. I might have to start taking Prozac after that.
Harlot: It’s not about that! But about exquisite love. *sigh* Yes, you’ll cry buckets but afterwards you’ll feel really good about it. You know, I probably won’t stop harassing you till you read it. I mean, you keep complaining there are no good books out there and I’m telling you to read this one and you’re not listening because, “Oh, I dunno, it’s just about Russia, sisters, blah blah..!”
Trollop: Oh, it’s not only that, I’m also very lazy.** Like, I was thinking of handcuffing BF but then I would have to be on top. Hate being on top.
Harlot: God, you are lazy.

Now that you read a tiny example of how I go about convincing friends to read books I love, let’s get down to business. For those who have yet to read Paullina SimonsThe Bronze Horseman (Trollop and Bawdy!), READ IT. Read it, read it, read it!!! Don’t forget the sequel too, Tatiana and Alexander, since it’s a must read after TBH.

P.S. Am very, very, VERY jealous *pouting* of Tart, that lucky bitch! She has already finished the third book of the series, The Summer Garden. Unlike in NZ, Ms. Simons’ books don’t get released here in my PS-free country. *sob*

**Trollop was being unusually lazy since most of the time, we actually need to stop her from working (she needs the money for her shoes addiction) just so she can have time for sex LOL. Nah, she always has time to make her BF delirious: on top, under, sideways, bending, standing, sitting... Honestly, I could go on and on.

Labels: ,


3 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

Hey, i jsut visited you at the psychiatric ward the other day.

But regarding TBH, it's more likely you'd be hounding me to send you the sequel. :P

11/26/2005 07:57:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, did Vicious read it? Harlot, you make good case for reading this book. I had it laying around the house forever and didn't read it for the same reasons Vicious did. I hate a depressing read.

11/27/2005 08:08:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hi there!

Not yet. But i just sent her a copy and i will make sure she'd read it. :P LOL

I'm not that fond of depressing books too. But like i pointed out, TBH is different. It’s the only book that made me feel like i couldn’t breathe because of the things going on. Not kidding. It’s THAT good. Unbelievably so. Besides, it has a sequel (now two) which would surely satisfy you if TBH’s ending isn’t up to your liking. :)

11/27/2005 08:51:00 PM