Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Bitchin' News (04/12)

  • Political reversals at home and continued bad news from Iraq have dragged President Bush’s standing with the public to a new low. The survey found that 38 percent of the public approve of the job Bush is doing, down 3 percentage points in the past month and his worst showing in Post-ABC polling since he became president. Sixty percent disapprove of his performance. -Well, that’s a shock. *gasp* Funny though, I bet if he ran again tomorrow, he’d win again. Go figure.
  • Hillary Calls Bush’s intel leak Nixonesque. While the President defended his decision to authorize the disclosure of pre-war intelligence, Senator Clinton invoked another President’s name in decrying it. -I lub this woman!!! Of course I love her handsome/sexy/incredibly adorable hubby even more. *wink*
  • Village People “cop” arrested again. Former ’70s band member will face trial on drug-related charges. -I guess he likes going to prison; you know what they say happens to cops there. I’m guessing this “Village People” dude is more than happy to take a lil’ vacation in the can. After all, he might find himself a sailor or an Indian willing to play hide the salami with him LOL.
  • Why is CBS changing the time slot and now the day of The Amazing Race? Why do the higher-ups keep trying to fix something that isn’t broken? -Was wondering the same thing myself, here’s the answer.
  • Million-dollar men are so passe, especially if you’re Kiefer Sutherland and you’re commanding MLB-size contracts to the tune of $40 million to keep your character, Jack Bauer, alive for three more seasons in the weekly Fox real-time addiction, 24. -My BF is completely obsessed with this series. He’d rather watch an episode than have sex! I have to find out what all the fuzz is about—especially if it can compare to a mind-blowing orgasm. I’ll try to rent the first season this weekend, and get back to you guys about it.
  • For women bored at the thought of this summer’s World Cup soccer finals in Germany, neighbor Switzerland is offering an alternative packed with beefcake. -Mmmm, suddenly having a soccer obsessed BF is starting to bare it’s fruits LOL.
  • Sri Lanka’s most celebrated elephant, Raja, has fallen ill after eating scores of cookies, chocolates and other rich food offered to him as part of Buddhist new year celebrations. -How sick is it that I’m jealous of all the yummy food this elephant got? *sniff* No one ever feeds me like that!
  • U.S. optometry doctors urge contact lens wearers to take proper precautions to prevent a severe corneal fungal infection, which has been linked to the use of a Bausch & Lomb Inc’s brand cleansing solution. -A must read for contact lense users!!!
  • Health officials have ruled out the abortion pill RU486 as the cause of death for one of two women who died after taking the drug. -I had no idea there was even an abortion pill out in the market! When did this happen? And, please, no one answer that this was approved sometime last decade—that might be a tad more embarrassing than I can handle at the moment LOL.
  • A dangerous infection that pigs can pass to people took an unusually fatal form last year and killed 38 people, Chinese scientists reported on Monday. -First the “mad cow,” then the “bird flu”—and now the “dirty pig”? What’s next, the “horny rabbit”?

Labels:


6 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am actually looking forward to the Football World Cup. Go Portugal!! Plus, it's a perfect activity to share with BF, he gets to watch football and all the altheticism and I get to perve at men like David Beckham, Luis Figo, Christian Reynaldo etc :P

tart

PS - which of the four "bitches" in the banner am I? The blonde? LOL

4/12/2006 12:55:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I was wondering about Amazing Race! No one told me it moved--i waited last week!!! Ggrrr..

Anyway, have to see 24 too (but too lazy to get copies :P). Funny, BF's the one who told me to watch it LOL. Hmm, wonder if this show is not full of bikini clad supermodels..

Tart, babe, yes you're the blonde one, the one who inspired our very pretty sidebar. :D Actually, she's the sluttiest too LOL. Look at her; i think she's naked! You kinky you LOL.

4/12/2006 01:20:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, I had just finally decided to quit being a wimp and get contacts and now I'm scared of this weird infection. Ew. I may have to cancel my consultation (aka contact lense training session) for tomorrow.

4/12/2006 08:26:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had my contact lens lesson today. they feel so weird! Apparently, despite my fear of putting the lenses in my eye, tech man said i was good student and did "very good job". I love praise LOL. He was so nice and didn;t laugh at my dumb ?s like "will they pop out when i sneeze or get lost in my eye socket?". LOL!
such a nice tech man. now, if I can just get them out by myself...

4/13/2006 03:09:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RU486 (the abortion pill) has just been approved in Australia too. They had to remove the power of veto from the Minister of Health to get it approved, all very controversial. It was on the news only a day or two ago, the first two gynocologists were given permission to prescribe it. Are they in a capital city? No, they are in Cairns - tourist central. International tourist mecca. Hmmmm.

4/14/2006 05:59:00 AM  

Blogger 'aTiQaH SHaH R.d said...

my friend got infected after using the bloody B&L solution... and she didn't even get a refund, the poor girl.

4/18/2006 02:45:00 AM