Friday, September 15, 2006

A little Friday entertainment

I am pleased to announce that J.K. Rowling is really writing the last HP book, and not selfishly having more kids or spending all her “HP time” raising them. The nerve of that woman, gotta tell you—what a selfish bitch! Anyway, the good news is she has set her priorities straight, and Harry is, once again, at the top of her list. *g*


Now that I’m back from New York, the only real news is that I’m continuing to work hard on the book. (...) The heightened security restrictions on the airlines in August made the journey back from New York interesting, as I refused to be parted from the manuscript of book seven (a large part of it is handwritten, and there was no copy of anything I had done while in the US). They let me take it on, thankfully, bound up in elastic bands. I don’t know what I would have done if they hadn’t; sailed home, probably.

I am currently trying to decide between two possible titles.


Lindsay Lohan, please, put some fucking underwear on. Honestly, we’ve seen more than enough! On the bright side, she does keep her vajayjay in very good shape...


Mean Girls star Lindsay has behaved like a prima donna since arriving in the UK. But when my snapper caught the serial flasher outside London’s Kabaret club in a skirt leaving nothing to the imagination, I decided enough was enough and had a large pair of Bridget Jones’ knickers sent round to her hotel. Earlier this month she showed her all on a boat in Venice. Put it away, love...


I love Jennifer Aniston! Yes, she can’t act worth a damn, the poor thing, but neither can I—of course I’m not making millions of “not being able to act” but what the hell. Anyway, what really matters is that she has THE most wonderful clothes and shoes EVAH! Not to mention the hair. I’d become her lesbian lover if: a) she’d be willing to share all the stuff in her closets with me, and b) if I were like a size—oh, I dunno, zero?—and my feet weren’t HUGE size tens. *sigh*


Even in Hollywood—land of breast implants and botox—natural counts for something. So says People magazine, which on Wednesday said Jennifer Aniston topped its list of best-dressed women of 2006 for her natural fashion sense.


I can’t say I’m the biggest Nora Roberts fan that ever lived (actually I’d be surprised if I made the top million) but I think getting some of her books made into movies by Lifetime Television is a pretty neat deal. The fact that I haven’t read any of these novels (and hadn’t even heard of two) makes no difference to my giddy excitement for her.

Okay, I’m sorry, that last sentence was a total lie. What the fuck books are these? I only own Montana Sky and have yet to read it. Why couldn’t she sell the ones I’ve read? What a horrible woman she is, grrr. Honest Illusions would make a great movie, but does she think about me when she has to make these choices? NO!


“We are thrilled to be collaborating with publishing and Hollywood legends Nora Roberts and Peter Guber,” said Walton. “Selling an average of 21 books every minute, Nora’s talent is endless and the American public cannot get enough of her work. The piece de resistance is that we have Peter and Stephanie’s tremendous talent to help us bring Nora’s great storytelling to life.” Peter Guber, Chairman and CEO of Mandalay Entertainment Group, said, “Building this exciting filmed franchise by combining Lifetime’s powerful brand with Nora Roberts, a stratospheric author, will create a compelling entertainment experience.” Germain, President of Stephanie Germain Productions, added, “Nora’s books are a perfect match with Lifetime’s commitment to bring inspirational women’s stories to their audience.”

Bestselling titles presently being developed for the four movies include: Blue Smoke, Carolina Moon, Montana Sky, The Villa, Brazen Virtue and River’s End.

Labels: , ,


20 comment(s):

Blogger Unknown said...

JKR - the devil but at least she's working on book 7

Lohan - what happened to the cute girl who played twins in the remake of "Parent Trap"?

Jennifer Aniston - adore her!

Nora Roberts - Loved her MacKade Brothers series, Quinn Brothers series, the list is endless. I also really liked Montana Sky. That would be a good movie as long as they found some VERY, VERY sexy men to play the cowboys. The thing about NR, she knows how to write a great hero.

9/15/2006 08:38:00 AM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

I think Public Secrets would make a good movie. Rock stars and a murder mystery, it's all good. :P Montana Sky was a good book, not sure how it would work out in a movie. Hopefully not butchered the way Julie Garwood's For the Roses was, that was awful!

9/15/2006 10:07:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

What is wrong with Lindsay? Ack.

I'm glad JKR is finishing book seven. Isn't it going to be released next year on July?

9/15/2006 10:09:00 AM  

Blogger Sherry said...

Good for JKR on not parting with her work cause you know it would have been scanned and pirated by some geeky baggage handler. It would have ended up all over the internet before the plane even took off.

Ack, I am so-o sick of LaLohan! I thought that the boat pic was bad. Man was I wrong. That's what I get for being a nosy little bitch. Excuse me while I go and throw up my breakfast.

VT, I'm feeling ya on Anniston's (love her) wardrobe. I think I'm her shoe size and I don't think she'll mind sharing, it's not like she wears them more than once anyway.

9/15/2006 11:13:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Sherry, I agree with you about the possibility of people scanning JKR's manuscript. That leak would surely make a lot of money.

Oh god, Lohan is losing it. I saw that boat pic a while ago but that one in the car is worse!

Jennifer, best dressed? Hmmmm. Oh well, I got the man anyway.

9/15/2006 11:42:00 AM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

Nora's going to be like Danielle Steele soon. I don't think there's been a Danielle Steele Lifetime movie I haven't seen at least 5 times each. LOL.

ANd who's Peter Guber Walton?

DC :)

9/15/2006 11:50:00 AM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

I'm glad for Nora Roberts. Trollop, I agree about Honest Illusions. I think that would be a good movie.

Dakota, have no idea who that Peter is, LOL, but it says in the article that he's CEO of Mandalay Enetertainment Group. ;)

9/15/2006 12:04:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Lohan is always drunk. I read before that while making a movie, she was always late that caused a cancelation of their shooting most of the time. The CEO of the film company actually threatened to sue her because of her drinking habits. Ack.

9/15/2006 12:10:00 PM  

Blogger Lola Lovegood said...

Are those Lindsay pics for real? That looks like the snitch of a 12 year old! LOL

Finally JKR shows some sign of progress on the seventh book. Been dying here thinking she was slacking off.

BB's I've been voting my little fingers off! :D

9/15/2006 12:33:00 PM  

Blogger Mailyn said...

LMFAO at Lindsey. At least she shaves. Can you imagine if she didn't? LMAO indeed!!!!!

9/15/2006 01:54:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

OMG LOL at Lindsay! Well I think she wanted to be photographed like that. I mean she knows photographers are around her all the time and it's not like she's in a secluded place. Maybe she wanted to know what the public thinks of her shaved snatch but didn't want to ask directly? LOL

9/15/2006 04:42:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I think Lindsay is a very pretty girl, and seriously, i'll kill for her natural haircolor, but what has she been doing to herself? Is it just for attention? Oh well, at least she knows how to shave. LOL

9/15/2006 05:07:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Am I the only one who doesn't like Nora Roberts? :/

9/15/2006 05:08:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Trollop, LMAO! Those Lindsay pics woke me up! Falling asleep at the office. LOL

9/15/2006 06:00:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Trollop, Lindsey's beaver looks like a little girl's cunny! And to be so careless twice? I agree with Danielle, she wanted to be photographed like that.

Harlot, how come you don't like NR? She's good, and you won't find yourself waiting for years for her next book. Very prolific writer.

9/15/2006 06:07:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

I finally finished the HP books! All I can say is W-O-W. I CAN'T wait fo book seven!

Lindsay should get some panties. But I totally understand how annoying it can be to wear something you don't have any use for. LOL

9/15/2006 06:44:00 PM  

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

What the hell is wrong with Lindsay? At least when Tara Reid let her bodacious tata hang out at P Diddy's party, she had the excuse of being just ridiculously drunk

9/15/2006 07:23:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Reel Fanatic, I think Lindsay's ridiculously drunk too. LOL Well, most of the time she is.

9/15/2006 07:51:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Thanks Trollop! It's a 10, no doubt about it. And you're right, I couldn't put it down. After I started the first book I just have to read all of them. So yeah, thanks again for pushing HP lol :)

9/15/2006 08:16:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

OMG! Was Lindsey drunk in those pics? Or are those fake? My god, and she used to be such an adorable little girl.

I'm not a Nora Roberts fan either. I couldn't get into her books. I think she's one of those it's either you love her or you hate her authors.

9/15/2006 08:21:00 PM