Sunday, September 3, 2006

Celebrate good times, come on! (Hurrah! It's a celebration!)

Oh my, I can’t stop looking at our new header! So purrty! :D For those who still haven’t realized it, that’s me and Trollop posing like queens up there LOL. She’s the one on the left side with her gorgeous red-brown hair and green eyes (wearing that fetching red top and gold bangles; on the far left, with floral pink dress and gad-awful green belt *snicker*). And then that’s moi, on the right side, with my long black hair and black beautiful eyes *batting eyelashes* (with my sexy green backless dress; in the other, with a kimono-inspired top on the far right). Don’t you just love it? Are we looking verra, verra gorgeous or what?! :D

Er, I’m getting side-tracked here!—LOL, when what I should be doing is welcoming all of you to a WHOLE WEEK OF CELEBRATION! Yep. What am I talking about, you say? Well, you see, drum rolls please...


IT’S THE BOOK BITCHES’ VERY FIRST ANNIVERSARY! YAYAYAYAY!!!


fireworks02


It’s been such a fabulous year for The Book Bitches, from starting with less than 20 readers to now almost 800 per day, *sniff* to Trollop and I almost killing each other every time we have to change template (especially in the beginning, when we both were clueless and didn’t even know what the hell a sidebar meant; I thought it was something used for making martinis :/). There’s also our book club that’s been blessed with wonderful participants and interesting discussions, authors coming by to chat with me even if I’m with evil Trollop, and the tons of emails from everyone—including publishers who are willing to give us free books, hehe (though we usually don’t accept those!).

Through out this week, we’ll be having nothing but funtabulous posts. *g* It’s all about The Book Bitches, and of course, all about you guys, our dear readers. After all, none of this would have been possible without you. *sniff* By the end of the week, we’ll be having a raffle for which a lucky winner will receive signed copies of books by, er, authors (not sure yet which ones! LOL).

Now, Trollop and I thought it was only fitting we should start our celebration with a loud bang. Besides our much improved header, did you notice what our other new addition to our purrty blog is? Take a look at the left sidebar; between the “Recent Comments” and “Author Interviews,” there’s a brand new section. Yep, go ahead and look—BUT DON’T CLICK YET!—just take a peak and finish reading my post first!!!

Okay, saw it already? Uh-hmm. *huge grin* It’s our way of saying muchas gracias, muy bonita senoritas, LOL and to christen it, we’re going to have our very first annual “The Book Bitches’ King of Eye Candy.” *wink*

All you gotta do is browse our delicious men and tell us who you think is the ultimate sponge-worthy bloke, the hottie that burns your knickers to cinders, the man that makes your knees go weak. You have the whole week to vote (that includes YOU very lovely lurkers LOL) and by next Sunday we’ll be licking, er, crowning our very first “King.”

So what are you waiting for? Call the fire department because it’s going to get H.O.T while we rock the vote. In the mean time, Trollop and I will be celebrating while passing the chocolatinis! Bonne fête!


fireworks03

Labels: ,


42 comment(s):

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh--Look! I'm the first to post. Weee doggie!

OKay, I'm not voting on the men, cuz I can't choose. They're all yummy-licious. However, I wanted to wish you both a Happy Anniversary!

Yay on a whole year of books and bitching. LOL. I only found you guys a few months ago, but you've become regulars on my blog hopping. I love your funny reviews, the honesty you share without being arrogant and most of all, that I made two new friends :)

Congrats, girls!!

Hugs and kisses,
Dakota :)

9/03/2006 12:14:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary, girls!

I think I got cross-eyed looking at all that delicious men! Thank God my husband isn't around. Actually maybe I should call him since I want to jump someone right now. Hehehe

I am so glad I discovered this wonderful site. You girls always make me laugh out loud and I feel like I know everyone here even if I've only been posting for a month or so. And to actually talk to nice authors like Dakota! :)

Trollop and Harlot, rock on. You bitches are the best!

9/03/2006 12:36:00 PM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

Aw, Lollie--don't let it geet out that I'm nice. People will talk. LOL

Thanks, babe! It's been a pleasure to meet all of you guys too :)

DC :)

Oh, and a P/S to VT and H--who did the header on your blog? I love it!

9/03/2006 12:40:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

OMG it's been a year already? I can't believe it, to think I found this blog after googling "books with hot men". LOL And now we're having "King of Eye Candy"? YOU BITCHES ROCK!!!

Love the new header and of course, the new fast link to paradise. LOL Sigh. I vote for Mr. Delish!!!

Happy Anniversary Book Bitches. For all of our sakes, may you both continue bitching for many many years. :)

9/03/2006 12:54:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Yes, Lollie, I heard Dakota's a tyrant. With a whip and feathered hand cuffs. LOL :P

9/03/2006 01:04:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Congrats, BBs! See how important this site is for me, I'm late for Sunday lunch and I still have to check what you two are posting. LOL Voting for Fantasy Boy! Will be back later for more eye candy!!!

9/03/2006 01:36:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Book Bitches! :)

A newbie here and doesn't know anyone else but I love this site. For King of Eye Candy, is it okay to vote for two? lol... My vote is for the guy on the Naughty Secret Garden post and Mr. Delicious. Congrats!

9/03/2006 01:46:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Oh I can post now! Goody! LOL

Trollop and Harlot, happy anniversary! Gosh, not sure when I came upon this blog but I sure never stop visiting since then. The ladies here are great and I love the BBC and of course the famous TBB eye candy!

For my vote, Raoul of course! Sigh. Now pass me the tequila LOL

9/03/2006 01:55:00 PM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

My repurtaion clearly precedes me. I am as mean as they get. LOL

Hey, C!

9/03/2006 02:16:00 PM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

Oh, and I really can spell. Cuz I IS A WRITER. LOLLOL

REPUTATION. Lawd, I can't type with three broken nails.

DC :)

9/03/2006 02:17:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Dakota! LOLLOL Speaking of nails, I just had mine done. :P

Harlot and Trollop, congratulations! This blog of yours is awesome! All about the books, all the sex talk, LOL, all the laughs, and all the very yummy men!

Who's the hottest? MR. DELISH!!!

9/03/2006 02:24:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Dakota, LOL! I knew from the moment I saw you you're kinky. :P I too have a pink whip. LOL

Kimmygoat, I like your suggestion! I prefer a harem too. BBs, are you listening?!

Casey

9/03/2006 02:43:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Kimmygoat, harem with Nutella! :D Casey, fast link to paradise? LOL

Happy Anniv, bitches! Love the new header, no confusion now. :P Anyway, King of Eye Candy: RAOUL!!!

Looking forward to all the goodies this week!

9/03/2006 02:49:00 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations Bitches! That's awesome. I think I started coming over here last fall. Not sure but I know the very first time I popped over from a link under one of your fabb posts I had to stay. You guys know I adore you and not just because you give good eye candy :P

I am stuck between Raoul and Naked Chef Brian. Can't choose. They're both so freaking yummy.

Oh and LOVE the new header. It's gorgeous :)

9/03/2006 02:56:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Happy birthday Bitches! One of my girlfriends told me about your site and how wonderful it is and after only one visit, I'm hooked every since. After my classes, I always drop by to check what's been happening here. :)

I'm choosing Raoul to be king. :P Second choice is that guy on Secret Garden. Yum!

9/03/2006 04:04:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!

I've been a regular visitor for a while, and I very much enjoy coming here to see what is new!

Well done Bitches!

9/03/2006 04:26:00 PM  

Blogger Lola Lovegood said...

Congrats guys. I've been coming here and reading since at least December. First I lurked and then when I saw that everyone was so nice started commenting. Rock on girls.

I vote for Raoul as eye candy king. Maybe we can spread him and Nutella and take a lick? =P

Love the hew header illustration girls. Now there will be no confusion on the "are there two or four bitches?" front =)

9/03/2006 05:16:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of the "lovely lurkers" who came upon your site just a month ago. I want to say Happy Anniversary and more power to you Book Bitches! I pick Raoul and that guy on "More Fantasy for You"!!!

9/03/2006 05:58:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Jordis, don't you think it's appropriate? Just one click and you'll see paradise of gorgeous men. :P

9/03/2006 06:03:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW one year is long time in blogland. WELL DONE!!!!!!! I was a lurker whose smart mouth eventually wouldn't stay shut. Thanks for about 6 months of books and bitchen'

I've not chosen me man yet. I will wait till I'm not at work and can really enjoy the full book-bitches/eye-candy experience!

Congrats girls and heres some cyber champs to celebrate! ~>-|

9/03/2006 06:15:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Ohhhh, Mazel Tov to a year of blogging!

I lub the new headers, and the eye-candy, and all the other goodies!

Can you award us with a naked eye Candy instead? Say 1-hour with the winner!

Brilliant idea huh? Just don't tell David. LOL.

9/03/2006 08:28:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Unlike many, I didn't lurk, lol. Ok, maybe a day or two and then I started posting comments. I love that all the posters here are nice and bawdy, lol. My day isn't complete without visiting you BBs. Congratulations girls!

My pick, Raoul sigh...

9/03/2006 08:30:00 PM  

Blogger green eyed godess said...

Happy annivesary Bitches!

I found your blog about a month ago,and have been laughing out loud ever since! You girls rock!

my choice for King: Raoul (yum)

9/03/2006 08:41:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I forgot how much I love that "tortored guy"! I'm adding him to my pick! YUM YUM YUM

9/03/2006 08:56:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been on what you call lurker for the last month. Much busy studying for my english exam but read all the post. Sometimes have to catch up at the end of the week.

Congratulations!

I choose the naked boy with the olive oil bottle. Chef Brian is he called?

9/03/2006 09:02:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls I love this place! New header is looking lovely.

I vote for Raoul for most handsome and masturbating boy for hottest LMAO

Congratulations and many more years to come.

Roxy

9/03/2006 09:04:00 PM  

Blogger Claudia said...

Congratulations Book Bitches!! I was lucky enough to find you maybe 2 months(?) ago and I'm so glad! As for the king of eye candy...sigh...what a tough choice!!
my first choice goes to Marat Safin...there is just something about him....mmmmm...
second to Raoul!! of course!

9/03/2006 09:39:00 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, where's Fredrik with his sexy tattoo? I believe I saw him here once before. Trollop are you keeping him to yourself?

9/03/2006 09:50:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Ladies, you have to click link that's why all posts are cut off, it's just a preview. If you click that "OHH MORE, MORE, MORE!" it'll get you to the whole post and you'll see the different pics. It's just sort a list LOL, for easy access.

9/03/2006 10:07:00 PM  

Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

More gay men posing for "Rogerio"...

Makes me wanna go out and over-haul an engine....

Blech...

9/03/2006 11:45:00 PM  

Blogger Mailyn said...

Squeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

Love the new header, who did that? It's gorgeous!!!

9/03/2006 11:47:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats girls! Love the link to eye candy, easy access now! LOL I always love your articles, no matter what it is, always funny and well said, smart and witty even if you're talking about weird topics like cocks or masturbation! Who would have thought. LOL Harlot and Trollop, you girls are amazing. Rock on, bitches!

Love the new header!

Voting for Fantasy Boy and Wanker and Raoul! :D

- Olly

9/03/2006 11:51:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Hurrah for the Book Bitches!!!!! Wow, a year already and still as fabulous as ever. Not that you two will ever be un-fabulous - I'm pretty sure that's not a word! LOL You two deserve twice more of the readers you're getting now, heck, trice! Because this blog is AWESOME. Here's for at least 5 more years of blogging!

Love the new header and I vote for WANKER! :P

9/04/2006 02:04:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1yr Blog-Anniversary!! Hope you will have many, many more. Lotsa love fm Malaysia..

9/04/2006 06:02:00 AM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Congratulations! I've only been coming here for at least a month but loving every minute of it. You gals are awesome! Well done Book Bitches!

I vote for Mr. Delish.

9/04/2006 10:57:00 AM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

I'm a day late but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

9/04/2006 02:29:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary ladies!!!
Man has it been a year?If I remember I started coming over here in January or February.
You ladies are the best!!!
Here's to many more years to come!!


Angela

9/06/2006 06:56:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Book Bitches! You ladies are the best!!!

9/07/2006 03:48:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if my vote above counted since I picked 2, lol.

So my vote is Raoul (although Naked Chef Brian is close 2nd)

9/10/2006 08:54:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh mamasita, there are some hotties there I hadn't seen!

I love those naked chefs!

I think the one vixen calls "naked chef brian" is the hottest, but he might be gay eh? what do you think?

He's my vote.

9/10/2006 10:05:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cograts ladies!

I missed this post last week.

Anyway, RAOUL BOVA. Bought Under the Tuscan Sun just so i can watch him and his gorgeous tush over and over again.

9/10/2006 01:38:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Fantasy boy.

9/10/2006 01:39:00 PM