Monday, August 28, 2006

Material girl

This post is probably going to be full of spelling mistakes** because shockingly, I don’t have Microsoft Office installed in my new laptop. *gasp* Hence, I have no MS Word with its wonderful spell check, and even more useful, thesaurus. *sniff* Who ever heard of such a thing?

I thought that Office came with every computer—at least up until now that had been my experience! I took for granted, when I bought this LP, that it would come with everything I’d need. How young and foolish I was! I’ve had quite the weekend setting this thing up, downloading all my can’t-leave-without software and transferring my files and folders from my old LP to this one, *sigh* and let me tell you, half the stuff is not working! SO FUCKING FRUSTRATING!

Last night I went to bed thinking about all the material things I take for granted and made a mental list that I completely forgot LOL. Will try to recall some of the items, and maybe you guys can give it some thought and tell me what things you use every day, that if tomorrow were gone you’d go crazy without!
  • MSN Msgr. I would so go insane without this program. After all, Harlot needs me! What would she do without me? *wink*
  • Mobile phone. I left this at home Thursday night while I went to work for two hours to sign a contract and I might as well have left my clothes and undies; that naked I felt!
  • Tooth brush (is that one word?). This needs no explanation!
  • Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation. Been using this since it came out in 1997. Would throw myself off a cliff if they discontinued it!
  • Tampons. How people lived before they were invented, I’ll never know. I’m just glad I was born after the fact! :P
Fuck, can’t remember the others and it was a big list. :/ Will think of more. Mmm...

**Er, Harlot, dear, if you could spell check for me that would be fab. *g* Ti voglio bene. *wink*

Labels: , ,


19 comment(s):

Blogger Jolie said...

Trollop, hope you get your new laptop fix soon!

Here's my list:

Mobile phone, credit card - Can't go anywhere without those!

Soap, toiletries - You could be as pretty as can be, but without these, you'll still end up as attractive as Big Foot's feet.

TV - LOL I have to have my everyday shows.

Computer - I need to check my emails, and I have to visit this blog and see what you bitches come up to next. :P

Will be back later to think of more!

8/28/2006 10:59:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things I can't do without:

Treadmill: I'd be pudgier than I already am without it.

Smart Phone: skip lugging the laptop around, I get email and can surf from my phone. Will occasionally leave it behind, but it lets me play hooky from work while keeping in touch in case something major comes up.

Modern Medicine: I couldn't imagine having children without narcotics.

Air conditioning: I grew up without it, but my DH now has me hooked. All hail, AC.

8/28/2006 11:25:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with modern medicine. Imagine living in the medieval times. Or even just the 18th century. Those leeches! Ekk.

8/28/2006 11:43:00 AM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Trollop, I too love Estee Lauder's cover foundation! Anyway, I'm quite materialistic. LOL Thank God I was born in the century of electricity and vibrators. :P

I think the most important for me are my laptop, ipod and phone.

8/28/2006 12:28:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Trollop, I hate it when my computer is not working properly. Especially when I don't know what to do to fix it! URGGH

OK, here's my list: laptop, TIVO, mobile phone, oven, toothbrush, hair conditioner, shampoo, soap, coffee maker. I need my coffee fix!!!

8/28/2006 12:48:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I have the same list you have ladies: Tivo, IM, cellphone, coffee, toothbrush, can I say football? LOL

8/28/2006 01:29:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

I can't do without my glasses! I can't read, watch, see anything without it.

Cell phone, but there are times I don't want to talk to anyone. LOL Lipgloss, pens, and my camera. And the Sunday crossword too!

Ladybug, yes for football please! Tom Brady. Yum. :P

8/28/2006 01:46:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

My digicam - Because you'll never know when there's a moment you just have to permanently record.

Tivo - This is a brilliant invention.

Internet - I'd be bored to tears without it.

Car - Imagine people still using carriages and horses for travelling!

8/28/2006 03:24:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

MSN Msgr. Trollop will go insane without me. :/

Plumming system. Oh god, i can't even imagine living without toilet and shower! Ack!

Toiletries. Shampoo, soap, conditioner, toothbrush, etc.

Internet. I go berserk everytime i have no connection. This is why i'll die without electricity.

Aircon. Where i live, very hot, people. I can't stand the heat; unless i'm exercising or performing some acrobatic bedroom dancing, i loathe sweating. AC is a MUST.

Microwave oven. Trust me, this one I NEED. Besides, unless a certain food SHOULD be eaten cold (like ice cream), i heat everything. Even cookies. :P

Chocolates. I don't eat it every day, but i always have a stash. Just the possibility of never having Nutella ever again is unthinkable.

8/28/2006 03:58:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

I have to have my Ipod, which I bring with me everywhere. Great company too while exercising.

Internet. For emails, shopping, gambling, LOL and the wonderful Book Bitches.

Coffee. Count me in with those who can't live without it. I have to have my fix every morning or my mind and body won't function normally.

8/28/2006 05:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Choclate: With out lots of thim I'm a very nasty person to know

Ipod: Its a way to take your world with you where ever you go.

Mascara: As a red head, with out mascara I look like I've got no eyelashes at all and kind of alien ya know!.

SPELL CHECKER: I'm a dyslexic writer. With out it people might guess I have the spelling age of a ten year old *blush* Cut and paste has it's uses when bloggers don't have spell checks!)

8/28/2006 07:17:00 PM  

Blogger C... said...

My list:


my son (but one day he'll grow up so I'll have to cope
deodorant
showering (baths don't leaveme feeling clean - only like I sat in what got washed off)
laptop
cell phone
chocolate
diet coke

8/28/2006 07:24:00 PM  

Blogger Maria said...

This is what happens when we take so many things for granted! It's so the little things that matter in this world isn't it. Be well always! ~M

8/28/2006 08:27:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

laptop
cell phone
digicam
chapstick
pens
haagen dazs
bottled water
snickers
play station :P

Trollop, hope you get your laptop problems fix soon!

8/28/2006 08:56:00 PM  

Blogger amanda said...

BBs...I have been checking your site for a few weeks, but this is my first comment! You bitches are awesome!

Ok...things I cannot live without...

watch...I go insane if I can't see the time
AC & plumbing...Its freakin' hot here!
Bath and Bodyworks tangerine body spray...soooo refreshing
internet
cellphone...ADDICTED!!!
COFFEE!!!!!!!

That's it!

Keep on rockin'

8/28/2006 09:06:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

*Gasp* How could i forget cellphone??? It's a lifesaver.


Welcome, Arledjinn, Amanda. :)
You know guys, you don't have to like Trollop too. Just me is fine. LOL :P Hope you post often!


Lily Moon,
Not good with PS, i suck at these stuff (grrr) but love watching some games. Isn't the new PS3 gonna be out soon? My brother's been talking about it. LOL


Tisty,
I'm not dyslexic but I spell like a 10 yr old. :/ I don't think blogger has spell check.. They should add that when they upgrade. Once i tried that wheelchair dude, but it didn't work!

8/28/2006 09:24:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Laptop
Camera
Allergy meds
DVD player
Perry Ellis Lotion
Starbucks!

8/28/2006 09:41:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

My essentials are:
-Tampons
-A book (for whenever i get stuck in traffic or have to wait in any line)
-toothbrush, paste, shampoo, body wash
-moisturizer and liquid foundation
-cellphone
-my car -- public transportation sucks where I live.

8/28/2006 10:20:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot live in anything but a modern world. I usually kill if I cannot access email or internet. I am not satisfied with an apology from the ISP, I must have blood.
Mobile ph, car, make-up: my must have is mascara. I can exist without the rest, but not without that. Shower & all the bits/bobs that go with it. Modern toiletries.
Doctors/pills/potions that make all pain go away ... plus alcohol, chocolate (esp Nutella) and so on.
GWB: You made me ROFLMAO again!

8/29/2006 01:35:00 AM