Monday, March 3, 2008

This book for free

Our lovely friend Shoshana has a wonderful new site—and what a site!


Hey guys, I finally made one of my dreams come true. Giving away sharing books one at a time. I have no idea why I finally did, but as my husband said, why not and why not now?

So here it goes. Visit http://thisbookforfree.com/

The most amazing thing happened. Nancy Lindquist is going to donate one of her signed copies to help launch my site. She writes steamy romance... so visit and see if there’s any books you’re interested in.

Right now, I’m only posting romance, but I’ll be posting more as I unpacked my boxes of books. Some are old, and some are new, but these books are free, free, free.

Yep, I pay for postage too. I guess I’ll see how much it will cost and hold myself up to a certain limit.

I’m really excited about this.


Years ago when the only way I could get a book in my Caribbean heaven was to ride a donkey 20 miles under the blazing sun to a rundown hut in the middle of nowhere where you had to knock the door and whisper a ridiculous password, only to find that the only books available were 3 Danielle Steel romances and a tattered copy of The Book of Mormons, Shosh used to send me boxes of books.

I really have no way to thank her for her generosity to a virtual stranger.

Shosh, you are a wonderful and giving person. I am honored to call you my friend.

Labels:


3 comment(s):

Blogger Carrie said...

I second the compliments! You are extremely generous and have launched a very unique site which will hopefully grow beyond your wildest dreams. :)

Carrie

3/03/2008 02:41:00 PM  

Blogger Shosh said...

I remember only having Danielle Steel books...not that she's bad or anything, but since I got into the land of plentiful of books, I haven't picked up a Steel books in ages.

Thank you VT.
This Book For Free

3/04/2008 09:53:00 AM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

Hey, ladies! Long time, no see :)

I thinkthis is an awesome thing to do and I'm going to pop over and see if I can't offer up my book to her :)

DC :)

3/05/2008 12:09:00 PM