"We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."
With all the rumors flying around that Friday Night Lights, one of the best damn shows on TV today, will get the ax, I got to think about other briiiilliant shows I love that were snatched away like that sicko R. Kelly snatched Aaliyah...
- 5. Boston Public. Dunno why I got addicted to this drama. Perhaps because my high school years were totally fucked up I wished Winslow High and its faculty—including Mr. Guber, the Nazi with a heart of gold—were real. Or, hmmm, perhaps it really was better than The Practice and Ally McBeal.
- 4. Arrested Development. Only 53 episodes yet it “received six Emmy awards, one Golden Globe, copious critical acclaim and a spot on Time Magazine’s 100 Greatest Shows of All Time.” Honestly, why anyone wouldn’t like Michael Bluth and his hilarious dysfunctional family is beyond me.
- 3. My So Called Life. Oooo, the trauma! It was cut off without an ending! Plus, how was an innocent heathen like me supposed to survive teen years without my best gal pal Angela? How oh how was I supposed to survive without lusting after my best gal pal’s boytoy Jordan Catalano??? Anguish, truly truly... *sniff*
- 2. Wonderfalls. I want to be Jaye Tyler when I grow up: unapologetic, cynical, sarcastic to the bone free-spirit who does what she wants without caring what others think. *g* The show is imaginative and quirky and funny and witty and just plain freaking entertaining. (Did you guys notice Kaylee plays Eric’s slutty wife Heidi?)
- 1. Firefly. Hilarious, original, smart, sharp dialogues, fantastic story, lovable characters (yes, even Jayne); there is nothing—NOTHING like it. Yet, with unfathomable stupidity, Fox cancelled Firefly while unoriginal waste-of-TV-space crap are still aired on TV! The injustice, GRRR!!! Now, what I want to know is this: Why hasn’t anybody rubbed two brain cells together and realize that us Browncoats have a boatload of cashy money, which gorram Fox can have—DAMN YOU, FOX!—if only they’ll give us Firefly back?!?