Saturday, February 16, 2008

More on books adapted into movies

My Sister’s Keeper (by Jodi Picoult). No more Fanning sisters! Both Dakota and Elle Fanning have dropped out of the film. Abigail Breslin will now play the role of Anna (previously given to Elle), the girl who sues her parents for medical emancipation. Sofia Vassilieva, whom I’ve never heard of, is in talks to take Dakota’s role of Kate, Anna’s sick older sister.


Sources said Dakota Fanning balked at a request that she shave her head for the role and both sisters withdrew abruptly.

Cameron Diaz plays the mother of the girls, a tough lawyer who takes her own case in court. Alec Baldwin plays the attorney who represents the child. Joan Cusack will also star in the drama.


I’d balk too if someone said I have to shave off my pritti locks. Hmph. Anywho, I think Abigail, who is adorable and brilliant in Little Miss Sunshine, is better suited to play Kate’s role.

Inkheart (by Cornelia Funke) (RD: March 19). Oh, how I wish I have the ability to read a character out of a book. I’ll bring my Matt Farrell to life and he can finally leave that stupid Meredith and live happily ever after with me. *sigh*




Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (by Louise Rennison) (RD: July 25). OMG, I looooove Georgia! I didn’t even know they made this into a movie!


Synopsis: The film follows the eccentric and irresistible Georgia Nicolson as she overcomes the trauma of being a teenager and moves up the “snogging scale”. Misunderstood by her ancient parents, but buoyed up by the love of her cat Angus and her best friends—“The Ace Gang”—Georgia struggles through life seeking out her two main desires: 1. To get a gorgeous sex-god as her boyfriend and 2. To throw the greatest 15th birthday party ever. When handsome brothers Tom and Robbie arrive at school, Georgia thinks her boyfriend dreams have been answered. But when she sees Robbie with her arch rival Lindsay, she devises a plan to show Robbie that she’s the mature, sophisticated girlfriend he deserves. Unfortunately Georgia’s plans—involving snogging lessons, stalking Lindsay, and dying her legs orange—don’t exactly run smoothly.




The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (by Ann Brashares) (RD: August 8). I haven’t even seen the first one. Well, I haven’t read any of the books neither. :/




The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (by C.S. Lewis) (RD: May 16). Am I the only one who thinks Prince Caspian is hot? *g*




The Other Boleyn Girl (by Philippa Gregory) (RD: February 29). Been waiting for this ever since we had the book for BBC. True, Scarlett Johansson is so dull she’ll bore me to death even if she’s breathing fire while hanging naked from a pole but I want me some Eric Bana. Eric and his huge penis codpiece. *faraway look, dreamy sigh* Oh my...


Labels: , , ,


10 comment(s):

Blogger Petra said...

I was not impressed with the trailer of The Other Boleyn Girl. I don't know. I was expecting more. I'm still going to see it of course.

I didn't know there's going to be My Sister's Keeper movie. Why do they have to pick Cameron to play the mom??

2/16/2008 09:07:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

I liked the Traveling Pants movie. Never read any of the books but great cast I think. That girl from Gossip Girl, America Ferrera and Rori Gilmore and that girl with black hair. I don't know her name. LOL.

2/16/2008 09:10:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Trauma of being a teenager and moves up the snogging scale." LOL. I like that.

2/16/2008 09:57:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Inkheart: I love the books! Inkspell is better than Inkheart in my opinion. Anyway, Dustfinger is hawt. ^.^

2/16/2008 10:42:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Glad to see Brendan Fraser has a new movie. I lurv him.

2/16/2008 11:04:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that Abigail and Sofia are a better fit. As for Cameron playing the mom, I much prefer Kate Winslet. Or Toni Collette.

2/17/2008 02:01:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'll like My Sister's Keeper as a movie. One of the major reasons why I loved it was because it was so amazingly written. *shrug* oh well. We can only wait.

Can't wait for Prince Caspian to come out! That was one of my favourite Narnia books! And Caspian looks hot =)

I wanna see The Other Boleyn Girl. I like Scarlett Johannson. It should be good.

2/17/2008 06:33:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Gabrielle, did you notice that battle scene on Prince Caspian's trailer looks like the Battle in Pellenor Fields?

Kristy, i agree about Cameron. I like the Kate Winslet or Toni Collette suggestion. :)

2/18/2008 01:47:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it reminded me of something! It does look uncannily like that scene. There was a shot of those big birdie things and they even looked like the Nazgul...

That's weird.

2/18/2008 03:10:00 AM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Oh yeah....it does looks like the battle of Pellenor Fields.

Prince Caspian looks hot ^.^ he's the one who plays young Dunstan Torn in Stardust. Can't wait to see it!

2/18/2008 05:33:00 AM