Monday, February 11, 2008

You know I'm no good

Geesh, the Grammy’s voting grandpas are always out of date. I don’t even recognize most of the nominees (who the hell is Herbie Hascock?) and those that I do recognize pretty sure their songs came out the year I graduated from high school. This is why Brit Brit’s “Gimme More” didn’t win Album of the Year. Perhaps at the Grammy 2010? Well, it’s possible her album just really really sucked troll balls but what do I know? :/

Anywho, in case you’re wondering, I did see the show last night. Yep. Wanted to see Amy Winehouse. I love her voice, I love her songs, I love her uniqueness, heck, I even love her beehive. The last couple of months I was disgusted with what she’d been doing to herself, wasting all that talent for fucking drugs. Last night, however, her little dance step cracked me up LOL; her voice sounded thin but, compared to her fucked up EMA performance, she looked better—and lucid!—and she looked like she’s having fun.




I just have to add this, my fave performance of Wino so far, when she sang “Love is a Losing Game” at the Mercury Awards. God, she’s good. C’mon, woman, get back on track, gain a little more pounds and please, quit crack. Do not let me down!


Labels: , ,


7 comment(s):

Blogger ... said...

heh. The only thing I know about the Grammy's is that Bruce Springsteen was up for 4 and won 3... although I couldn't tell you for what.

2/11/2008 12:26:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Her voice sounds weird and she's even a worse dancer than I am and that's saying a lot LOL Still, very happy to see her sober (or at least acting like she's sober). She's very talented and needs a lot of help which it seems she's starting to get.

Good for Amy!

No idea who most of the nominees were :/ I haven't even heard that Umbrella song by that popular girl. er, you know, the one with the short hair? Well, er, her LOL

2/11/2008 01:14:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, I listen to Herbie Hancock all the time...if you're not into jazz it's not surprising you wouldn't know who he is though. :)

2/11/2008 02:30:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Amy Winehouse. Can't watch the clips now because I've gotta go. I've seen a couple of other clips where she sang live and she sounded really good.

2/11/2008 03:59:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Amy needs new dance steps. LOL!

Seriously, the performance is not even good but this is the straightest she's looked for months. I hope she gets better.

2/11/2008 08:31:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

The Grammy sucks. I agree that they are always late. No way their choices represent what's really happening in the music world today.

I have to say my favorite performance last night was the one by Tina Turner and Beyonce. Beyonce was hot! And that Beatle tribute, amazing!

2/11/2008 08:52:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Re: I have to say my favorite performance last night was the one by Tina Turner and Beyonce

I saw that Beyonce and Tina Turner one but besides that and Amy's, didn't see the other performances. I read then glance at the mute screen, if it's nothing that interests me i go back to reading.

2/13/2008 03:43:00 PM