Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The witch or the countess


It’s my turn to choose our next BBC selection. I’m not sure if you guys want a discussion but because I’m a good Harlot, I still did my bitchin’ duty and picked a book for February.

Okay, I’m lying. Hee. Well, see, I have two books in mind, both very much beloved that I don’t know which one to choose: The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare, or A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson. Whocha think? Let me know.

Labels: , ,


12 comment(s):

Blogger Marg said...

I would choose the Ibbotson, but that's only because I already have it on my TBR list!

2/05/2008 03:31:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read The Witch of Blackbird Pond years ago and would welcome the excuse to read it again, but either choice works for me!

2/05/2008 05:18:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Witch of Blackbird Pond! I love that book.

2/05/2008 06:57:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

I'm open to ANYTHING that's not a sad romance novel, but you do know I'm taking a break from romance and from ficion in general during the campaign right?

AND YOU DIDN'T READ THE CRAZY BOOKS!!!

2/05/2008 07:02:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

A countess bellow stairs.

I read the blurbs and I'll vote for this one just b/c I know Harlot wants the other one *sniker*

Jolie, you suck up to Harlot way too much. What about me?!?!!

2/05/2008 07:14:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I loved TWOBP since i was like 12. A COUNTESS, just read it last week and totally loved it.

Now, Trollop, if you have time to harass me you have time to read my books! :@ And they're not "sad books". They're both under YA fiction, very lovely and romance-y.

I told you, i don't like the crazies. Heroes like Brockmann's stupid seals with heroines they drag into their missions and then don't stop whining!

I honestly can't remember the last romance novel i read. :S I've been reading Eva Ibbotson and Shannon Hale and Jennifer Echols (finally found her books!) and Holly Black and enjoying it all.

2/05/2008 07:20:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Trollop, it's Jordis. I do lurve Harlot ;) and I do lurve The Witch of Blackbird Pond. But, ahem... if I were sucking up to someone around here that would be you. Didn't you see what I said on the previous post?

2/05/2008 07:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't read both books but I like the synopsis of Countess Below Stairs. Voting for that.

2/05/2008 07:51:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could use a bit of fairytale, so I vote for the Countess. Just give me time to get whichever from Amazon and to read it beofre you start the discussion.

2/06/2008 01:04:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

I love that picture.

Never read Ibbotson but I pick the countess.

2/06/2008 06:55:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

I read and LOVED Witch of Blackbird Pond. Have not read Countess, and Amazon had me sold on it until this: "And then there’s the small matter of rupert’s beautiful and nasty fiancée. . . . " Sigh.

2/06/2008 02:38:00 PM  

Blogger Pepper said...

OMG!! I love the Witch of Blackbird Pond! I actually have it on cd in my car.

2/07/2008 10:29:00 PM