Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Who popped your cherry?

What is wrong with men? Or are you seriously telling me we only have *3* male readers? Unless I’m being fooled by pretty names such as Sarah, Isabella, Dalia, there were only 3 men who posted on our delurking comment thread below. Sad... I hate to think you men are afraid of me. That’s just not possible—I’m uber adorable. (Trollop, shut it!) Or... *gasp* *shock* could it be??? That all of ya are very handsome men covered in Nutella? Oh my! *breathless*

Alright. Even as my mind begins to flood with a world full of such glorious creatures (oh so my dream! :D) for the sake of delurking, fine. I will TRY to keep my hands to myself and curb the desire to lick Nutella off of you. What say you?

Well, I guess I just have to wait who is man enough to talk to me. ;)

Now, Aggie has suggested this really good idea that we should talk about books from our childhood/teens that got us interested in Romance:


Because there are so many different cultures commenting on this blog, I thought it would be really stimulating ... as I’m sure they would not all be the same. For example: Anne of Green Gables started me off. (I’m from New Zealand and this is by a Canadian writer: Montgomery.) I imagine anyone from USA it might be something like Little House on the Prairie (Wilder) or Little Women perhaps?

For U.K. it might be Wuthering Heights (Bronte) or Pride and Prejudice (Austen) and so on. What would it be for a reader from France, Spain, Italy or other?


I’m pretty sure it was Anne of Green Gables who popped Trollop’s Romance cherry (she loves Gilbert). That, or mangas of Candy Candy. :/ For me, I have two (two poppers are better than one :P) and both were written by Yanks:

First, the beloved classic, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. It’s one of the things I stole from my grandfather’s library when I was a wee heathen. I was fascinated with the March family especially with Jo, who I thought was just like me: fun-loving, impulsive, with a love of literature and a mouth that sometimes she just can’t contain LOL. I think Little Women—with its witticism, fun, sense of comedy and tragedy—is a very realistic insight into the human heart. There’s something so irresistible about this novel, that even if there are parts that are too preachy, its warmth will always draw you in.

Then, there’s Elizabeth George Speare’s Newbery award-winning novel, The Witch of Blackbird Pond. Oh, I’ll never forget the very handsome Nathaniel Eaton, one of the most sarcastic and challenging young man I’ve encountered in YA books, who rescued Kit Tyler from those stupid villagers who believe her a witch! Kit has other love interests, but who cares about that overgrown idiot puppy William and that dull Biblical scholar John.

I can’t remember when exactly I first read these books but they did left an enormous influence on me. Both have the kind of heroines I always look for in novels: women who are not without flaws but they’re fun and strong, brave and intelligent. Both also have enough of romance in them that made me ask for more. I mean, surely not all the Teddys of the world would marry such brats like Amy! Though, I suppose, Teddy isn’t really man enough for Jo... Kit, on the other hand, showed me that even in a community of intolerant Puritans, as long as you have the will and compassion and acceptance, an independent headstrong girl can survive. And yes, never settle with someone just because he is available. Always be with someone you want but you can make without—but just by existing he enriches your life so much you’ll never want to.

So, what about you? What book/s set you off on your never ending search of that Perfect Romance? What appealed to you, and when/why?

Labels: , , , ,


51 comment(s):

Blogger Ladybug said...

Harlot LOL!

For me, Laura Wilder's Little House on the Prairie series. There's something about Alamanzo and his strong but silent type ways that's hot. LOL.

1/17/2007 01:01:00 PM  

Blogger M.Amanda said...

OMG, I can't believe you mentioned The Witch of Blackbird Pond. I thought I was the only 7th grade girl who totally crushed on Nathaniel. At the time, nobody else my age seemed at all interested in the book. Come on, how fabulous was Kit? They were such a great match.

I also loved Beverly Cleary's books. I don't know what I read first, but I loved Fifteen, Jean and Johnny, and The Luckiest Girl.

1/17/2007 01:12:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Ah, YA books. One of my favourite subjects :-) .

Love Nat Eaton. And Kit and Hannah. Witch of Blackbird Pond is still one of my faves.

Also loved Elizabeth Marie Pope's The Perilous Gard and Elois Jarvis McGraw's Mara: Daughter of the Nile.

Somewhere in that time, or perhaps a bit later, I think I also fell for Calvin O'Keefe, Adam Eddington and Joshua Archer. I still want to know what happened to Charles Wallace. And Meg, who is missing from some of the later books, even the ones with her family.

Another one that I don't think many people have heard of is Suzanne Martel's The King's Daughter, which is about French settlers in what I believe is now Quebec. The language in the book is a bit stilted - it's been translated from French, and I don't know how much has been lost in the translation - but it's still a lovely love story. Sadly, out of print.

I read the Little House books, but none of them survived with me growing up. They weren't ever ones I re-read; I wonder why not, and I don't think I have any copies of them anymore.

Never got into any of the Anne of Green Gables books, except Rilla of Ingleside; also liked Montgomery's Emily series and The Blue Castle (but I think this one I found after I'd already gotten hooked onto romances).

I finally finished Little Women, but I don't think it's ever going to be a keeper for me.

Not quite romances, though quite romatic, were Francis Hodgson Burnett's A Little Princess and The Secret Garden, both of which I read early on and still love.

Loved also Norma Johnston's Glory in the Flower, the second book of The Keeping Days series. I only had that one book for the longest time because I hadn't yet discovered the internet - that is, ebay, where one may sometimes find out of print books. Eventually, I ended up with all 6 in the series, and they're all wonderful.

Robin McKinley, in particular, has probably been one of the most influential on my reading habits. I think I first read Beauty when I was ten; and then The Blue Sword and The Hero and the Crown, which might just be my #1 book ever, though I think I fell in love with Aerin's horse first ;-) . Then Aerin and her men.

I think I discovered O.R. Melling around that time, too, starting with My Blue Country, which I think is also OOP, and The Hunter's Moon, which has recently been re-released.

Teresa Tomlinson's The Forestwife was great, as well. I think it was my first Robin Hood story, and her Robert (and Marian) are lovely (in this book at least; I'm not so sure I like the rest of the trilogy, which is told from someone else's POV).

Do I win for longest reply ever?

1/17/2007 01:24:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Harlot, I loved LITTLE WOMEN too. I also loved Frances Burnett's THE SECRET GARDEN. It has mystery and magic, and I think there's something between Mary and Dickon. LOL.

I never got into the LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE. I saw it first as a TV show and Alamanzo there was not the least bit attractive. Not that it's the reason why I didn't like the book!

1/17/2007 01:54:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh Sparkling Cipher, I love Nat! I think he's totally dashing LOL. Yes, he's very sarcastic sometimes but he's always supportive of Kit. Kit, she's amazing. She keeps astonishing everyone around her with everything she does really. You know i don't know where my copy is. :( I think i lent it to someone and didn't get it back. And now i can't find a copy anywhere. :S


Ladybug,
Don't laugh! I've yet to read LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE. :/


Dance,
How could i forget MARA! I simple love Egyptology (or whatever you call it) and Mara is one of those heroines i love, from being a slave to an interpreter, she's as spunky as ever LOL (and a bit devious too!). And Sheftu! Oh, he's lovable. Though i think this is one of those books that will confuse you if you're not used to Egyptian names and phrases.


Danielle,
I love THE SECRET GARDEN too. I think my love of plants stemmed from this book. Though, *sniff* curse the plant god for not giving me the green thumb. *sniff*

1/17/2007 02:29:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

But Danielle, the blond boring Alamanzo from the TV series is so different from the dark Alamanzo from the books! I think he's sexy. LOL!

1/17/2007 02:32:00 PM  

Blogger CHIC-HANDSOME said...

good year

1/17/2007 03:32:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

I loved A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. Meg, Calvin, Charles... they took me to a world so unusual and so interesting yet so real. I think this book is like the Harry Potter books because of its magical setting. There's also the ultimate forces between good and evil. This was my favorite book growing up and I still have my copy. :)

1/17/2007 03:52:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Dance, a lot of books! :P Robin McKinley is fantastic, I love her. Have you read Sunshine? It's a vampire book with description so vivid you could feel it. LOL. Very interesting plot and the book is thought provoking. Loved it!

1/17/2007 04:03:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

I loved Secret Garden by Frances Burnett, it's one of my all time favorite books.

Since I'm only 17, I guess you can say I'm still growing up, tee hee. I love Twilight (looking forward to our discussion) and I WILL LOVE EDWARD CULLEN FOREVER! I want a boyfriend like Edward, but maybe not a vampire. lol

I also love A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. Oh man, Kartik is so hot! The book is set in Victorian England and I totally relate to the female characters. Gemma is a great heroine and Pippa, I feel for her longing of a "perfect" prince. I can't wait to read The Sweet Far Thing! (3rd book)

1/17/2007 04:52:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

What's wrong with men? They don't talk when you need them to but they won't let it go when you want them to cease it.

I loved THE LITTLE PRINCESS. Sarah is like Cinderella, and I wish I could say I'm as tender-hearted as her. Alas, only in my husband's dreams.

1/17/2007 05:37:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

How could you not love Catherine Called Birdy?! Excellent Young Adult book by Karen Cushman with a very willful heroine called Birdy, who tries to outsmart all the suitors her dad wants her to marry. The book takes place in the Middle Ages and it definitely contributed as to why I love historical romances. In fact, after reading it I did some research about Medieval England, lol.

1/17/2007 05:54:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Unless I'm being fooled by pretty names like Sarah, Isabella...etc"

100% hetero female.

Unfortunately, this doesn't mean my balls aren't bigger than most of the men I meet. So maybe I count as a virtual hermi, lol?

Anyway.........

To answer your question, bodice rippers do it for me. Which is probably why I write them, lol.

I love me some Woodiwiss and stuff like that. I'd prefer longer sex scenes and more explicit wording, but hey, it does what it's supposed to. ;)

1/17/2007 06:12:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say Anne of Green Gables also and Nancy Drew.

-Marie

1/17/2007 06:29:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

These aren't really romance but I can't really remember what my first romance was!! I do remember glomming Jean Plaidy novels like made when I was a young teenager, and the other author I used to LOVE was Noel Barber, who wrote multi-generational dramas usually set in times of war!!

Funnily enough though, there was a period of about 7 years where I didn't really read at all (funnily enough coincided with a bad relationship!) and the book that bought me out of that was Outlander (sorry Harlot). Ever since then I have been reading like mad, almost as though I am trying to make up for lost time!!

1/17/2007 06:32:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Anne of Green Gables in my opinion is one of the best book series all of time. Trollop, I used to have a crush on Gilbert too. :P And there's Calvin O'Keefe whom I absolutely loved from Madeline L'Engle's Time Quartet series. That Meg is very lucky.

1/17/2007 06:41:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Marg, I loved Jean Plaidy too when I was young. The love of the British kings and queens!

1/17/2007 06:45:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Polly,

Yes, I love Sunshine. Even after the loveliness that is Twilight, if I had to pick a vampire, Con wins out; Edward kind of leaves me cold, but more on that in the discussion :D . I also like what McKinley did with the vampire myth (never thought about moonlight quite that way before, as it may pertain to vampires, that is), which is pretty much the opposite of what Meyer has done with hers.

I hope McKinley comes out with another book eventually. I wonder if she's still even writing.

Harlot,

Sheftu was just yummy. I don't think I noticed the names and such when I first read it; I was too caught up in the story. And I tend not to think too hard about things that don't make sense to me anyway, at least while I'm reading, which is probably why I don't mind reading series out of order - I figure any gaps or backstory that's missing will fill itself in later :D . I can't think of a series I've read the first time through from the first to last (or latest) book, except for possibly the Twilight one, but that's because there are only 2 books out. LOL.

1/17/2007 07:22:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Harlot, I love The Witch of Blackbird Pond! Don't you just adore Kit and Nat? Such a lovely book...

Dance, I love your list of books. :) I'm with you about McKinley - great author, she's one of my favorites too.

1/17/2007 07:40:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Dance, GASP! Edward is not cold! Plus I can't believe whoever this vampire is, is hotter than Edward Cullen. That's just not possible!

(Going to check out that Sunshine!!! ;p)

1/17/2007 07:56:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't get into romance until I was 17 or so.

I read stuff like Ramona The Pest (Beverly Cleary), How To Eat Fried Worms (Thomas Rockwell), Freckle Juice (Judy Blume), BFG (Roald Dahl) and other books by the above author, in grade school. By middle school I was really into R.L. Stine's Fear Street books and I lived on murder mystery books ever since but by more adult authors such as Jeffery Deaver, Lisa Gardner, Jonathan Kellerman and so on.

My first romance was by Johanna Lindsay titled Once A Princess. I had nothing to read and I was sick so I didn't want to go out to get some books. I took it from my mom's bookshelf (she owns EVERY Johanna Lindsay book) and fell in love with that book. I think I was 16 or 17. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. I was pretty embarrassed to read romance because I always thought that romance was for old women so I secretly read my mom's books, all JL of course, and then I found you bitches and have been getting into more titles and types of romance ever since.

My favorite romance is the hate/hate scenario. They hate each other, argue and fight but then have hot, passionate sex... that's the good stuff, for me. I LOVE when a woman is sassy and can hold her own. I hate the weak/fainting/crying women who NEEDS a man in order to define who they are. I'll rescue myself, thanks, as long as my man thinks that is hot and puts out after I save us. And it better be hot, headboard knocking, chandelier shaking sex too! LOL.

1/17/2007 10:09:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe there's someone else on this Earth that's not over 40 who has read or ever heard of Candy Candy. My mother kept her manga (all over 100 of them) and Candy Candy was her favorite. XD I read them, and I love them.

Anyway, I tried reading Little Women in the fourth grade. Let's just say I never got past 1/3 of the book. I'll have to borrow it again or something.

Anne of Green Gables was one of my first books that I've ever read. My mom was obsessed with the movies and that's how I picked it up.

When I started reading adult fiction, I picked up Kelley Armstrong's Bitten and loved it. I mean, who can't resist Clay?

1/17/2007 10:41:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great topic! I love reading these posts!

yes, the madeleine l'engle books did have some wonderful teenage boys a bookish pre-teen year could love.

in my mind I was Nancy Drew - not the first series, but the series they brought out in the late 80s, early 90s - the case files and super mysteries with the hardy boys. I especially liked the trilogy where nancy went to europe (rendezvous in rome, etc) and hooked up with some hot guys there. the super mysteries were great because there was so much sexual tension between her and frank hardy. he was so much better than ned!

oh, and how could I forget my best friend and me reading from clan of the cave bear (all the naughty bits) during silent reading in english class? we'd flip through it and pass it back and forth, it was so juicy!

1/17/2007 11:12:00 PM  

Blogger RKM said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1/18/2007 02:56:00 AM  

Blogger RKM said...

Romance. Hmmm. Not usually the domain of us men. Never the less, I loved, make that loooooved, Rupert Thomson's Air & Fire full of bleak landscapes, pathos and ultimately unrequited love. And let's face it, a romance works best when the ending is anything but happy. Or is that just me?

1/18/2007 02:57:00 AM  

Blogger raspberry swyrl said...

All these books being mentioned I used to love when I was younger and I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I read and loved, Elizabeth Marie Pope's The Perilous Gard, the Witch of Black Bird Pond, the Anne of Green Gables series and the Blue Castle by the same author,the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mysteries, and Nancy Drew Case Files (come on I still have one with a cover that had her and another chick in small bikinis and under a waterfall)and finally of course the Little House on the Prairie books.

I have to say I never thought anyone else had ever read Suzanne Martel's The King's Daughter, which I think I got at my library in high school. Which I also quite enjoyed.

I also have to say I never really liked Little Women though. The ending tending to annoy me, I really did not like Amy.

This would be my official delurking post I suppose.

1/18/2007 03:25:00 AM  

Blogger T-girl said...

OMG! You are the only other person I have ever met that has read "The Witch of Black Bird Pond!" One of the best books EVER written! I stole it from the neighbor ladies house who had been given it for her daugther (same age as me) but she was major fanatical regligious and felt it was "evil!" My Mom "borrowed it" for me to "see if it was suitable!" We walked in our house and she says, "here, no one will tell me that a Newbery Awarded book is sinful!" Enjoy, let me know what you think! LOL

All of those were good books and "Popped my Cherry actually!" I don't truly remember, I gobbled all the books meantioned up, for me... I just wanted to read! LOL

1/18/2007 05:25:00 AM  

Blogger Menchie said...

For the life of me, I can't remember my first serious romance novel. I just sort of graduated from Nancy Drew to Sweet Dreams and Sweet Valley High books to Mills and Boon then historical romances.

1/18/2007 08:26:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

OMG. Those Nancy Drew books bring back memories, lol.

Anne of Green Gables had been my favorite as a child. My mom got into it. She said no teenager should be without it and she's right of course.

I have to mention Wilderness Bride by Annabelle Johnson. I fell in love with Corey who finds herself engaged to a sexy stranger when her dad went to war. Ethan is hot! lol

1/18/2007 10:05:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I forgot to say which Woodiwiss book. Shanna.

Actually, to be honest, it might have been Lindseys Savage Thunder. They were read back to back, can't remember which was first.

But hey, I was like, 8 or summat. And I'm old now, so that's a lot of time to remember.

1/18/2007 10:54:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sarcastic Idiocy Forum invites you book reading folk to stop by anytime you feel the need to dumb down. We're good like that.

http://www.thesif.net/SIF/index.php?

1/18/2007 10:56:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Madeline L'Engle was my favorite. I think I was in love with Calvin. LOL.

Little Women isn't that bad. I even liked the movie with Winona and Susan Sarandon.

I love these comments! Reading them reminded me a lot of my childhood. :)

1/18/2007 11:40:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, I liked little women (popped my cherry!) but i continued to read romances because I was frusterated with it. Where was the perfect story that had the perfect couple who were destined to be together from chapter ONE?

and then pride and prejudice hit me like a brick wall.

and im still in love with darcy today.

1/18/2007 06:14:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I said I probably wouldn't comment after my delurking comment, but I just had to!

I love Sense and sensibility! And Pride and prejudice. Wouldn't go so far as to say I was in love with the characters, but still!

Also, I love Gone with the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell. I love Rhett! He's so manly!
And the Tarleton twins! *sighs*

1/18/2007 07:35:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I read a lot of those Sweet Dreams/Love Stories and RL Stine and Christopher Pike when i was 15-17 i think.

I've never read Nancy Drew or those Hardy Boys (why are they called the "hardy boys" anyway?). Never read Kathleen Woodiss either. Mr. Darcy is HOT but Rhett Butler, goodness, who could resist his charms?

Heidi, why wouldn't you comment? You're always welcome here. ;)

1/19/2007 03:31:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Never read Woodiwiss? Gasp! What about Shanna? The Flame and the Flower? Harlot, those are romance classics.

I love Rhett Butler!

1/19/2007 11:49:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

raspberry swyrl,

I think you're the only other person I've "met" who's read that book. My elementary school was throwing out books (why, I'm not sure) and I "rescued" some of them. The King's Daughter and the Norma Johnston book were two; I don't think I would have discovered them otherwise. It's kind of sad that so many of the books I love(d) are out of print now.

I haven't read Woodiwiss either. It took me quite a while to read GWTW, too; I didn't mind it, but I didn't fall in love with it as much as others seem to have -- maybe I need to watch the move? (Also, haven't read P&P or R&J, both of which I feel like I should get around to eventually.)

1/19/2007 12:27:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

I think it's Mr. Darcy who popped my cherry. LOL. I can't remember if it's him exactly but I used to have a huge thing for him back then. ;P

1/19/2007 01:23:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a morbid little hellion so I'd have to say with the Brothers Grimm. Yes, short and with only romantic elements but what could I truly expect for my first time (anyone who claims they had the big O the first time is a liar, a liar I tell you!)?

1/19/2007 02:48:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...I probably won't comment because I'm too lazy. It's so much easier to be a lurker. But hey, now you have a grand total of three comments from me! Be proud. No one else has that many!

Oh and the Hardy boys are called that because their last name is Hardy. Pretty clever, huh?

I was never really a fan of those books, but my brother used to read them, so I have read a few.

1/19/2007 08:45:00 PM  

Blogger Di said...

I really hope my Mom doesn't read my blog, because I read her copy of The Happy Hooker at about age 12! Also, she was delighted to see that I was reading The Other Side of the Mountain which was about the skier who was paralyzed when I was actually reading The Other Side of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon...which was totally inappropriate for my 13 year old self!

1/19/2007 09:43:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Di, The Happy Hooker? OMG! LOL! I read my mom's copy of Scruples by Judith Krantz when I was about 14 and oh boy, it was racy alright. I think what really started me off were Anne of Green Gables and A Wrinkle of Time. I read those books when I was about 12 and loved both Calvin and Gilbert.

1/20/2007 02:56:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1/20/2007 06:59:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

I love reading these comments. It makes me want to dug up and re-read all the books I used to love when I was a kid :).

1/20/2007 07:00:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Ohgod, Di, i knew i heard of that HAPPY HOOKER somewhere! LOL

FUGLY BOOK COVER SYNDROME

(Posting this comment again. Just saw, i posted it on the wrong comment thread--that one above. Geesh. :/)



Lollie,
I lub reading these comments. Really glad we did this post--thanks Aggie! :D On that note, Trollop and i are always open to hear post suggestions from you guys. Just email us. ;)

1/21/2007 04:19:00 AM  

Blogger Tine said...

Romance cherry would definitely be popped by Judith Mcnaught. Every other girl in school would still be in their "Sweet Valley Twins/High/Uni/Whatever" phase, and I'd be nose-deep in 'em 2-inch thick books :P

I'd have to say though, it got a little boring after a while, reading a lot on "chiseled jaws". During one of our home ec classes, my friend would take her chisel, and pretend to hack another classmate's jaw, trying to give her the "chiseled look" Hehehe!

1/21/2007 08:39:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post reminded me so much of how I loved The Witch of Blackbird Pond, I just have to re-read it! Thank goodness it's still available on line.

1/21/2007 07:49:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys for me. My cousin had the whole series and i would have to beg her to let me borrow the books. (still don't like her for making me beg.) First romance was Jude Deveraux's Black Lyon--took me right out of the S1 and S2 reactions I was cramming for. That was a long time ago and I still can't figure out which reaction is which.

1/21/2007 10:27:00 PM  

Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

The fact is, men find romance novels rather insipid...

They wanna SEE the juice, if you know what I mean...

Now, back to your cyber swooning...

1/29/2007 11:55:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't consider anne of green gables a romance, but darn, i guess you're right. i've considered gilbert my ideal since i was 11. so then it was anne.

BUT my first real romance novel (complete with scenes that made my teenage eyes pop) was The Bride by Julie Garwood. it's still a favorite AND i've owned too many copies to count.

2/12/2007 05:46:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started with Judy Blume books and poems by Nikki Giovanni, then quickly jumped to smut, a book called "Call Me Brick" and another by the Happy Hooker called "How to Please a Man"

3/21/2007 09:27:00 PM