Sunday, February 3, 2008

High heel yourself to a more orgasmic you


First off, have you read my do-your-Kegels-or-you’ll-have-a-loose-coochie post? *g* If you have, please proceed...


Experts have discovered that wearing the high heeled shoes tones women’s legs and strengthens pelvic muscles—decidedly improving a woman’s love life. The study said that the heels “directly work the pleasure muscles which are linked to an orgasm”.

Urologist Dr Maria Cerruto, based at the University of Verona, in Italy carried out a series of tests and research on women who wore high heels. Dr Cerruto discovered that women who held their feet at a 15-degree angle to the ground, the equivalent of a 7cm [2in] heel, showed up to 15% less electrical activity in their pelvic muscles. The results suggest the muscles are more relaxed when women wear higher heels, increasing their strength and ability to contract.

An official guide to better sex, provided by NHS Direct, advises women to become more aware of their pleasure muscles and advises them how to exercise them to aid sexual arousal. The NHS recommends that women, particularly before and after pregnancy, should do pelvic floor exercises up to five times a day.

Manolo Blahnik welcomed the research. “If you are a woman, it’s a way to appeal to the male species, it’s a way to attract. And it works. I have men who tell me that heels have saved their marriage.” (Source)


Heels and sex. Okay, my mind just conjured a lot of dirty scenes LOL.

Erm, *ahem* so are you guys stiletto lovers? I love stilettos that make me feel girly, fuck-me pumps that make me feel verra sexy, but lately I wear mostly flat shoes as my days are only spent going to malls or doing errands for my dad. But after this, swear to Xenu I’ll wear high heels more even if I’m only going ice-creaming.

Really, joint pains, bunions, stress fracture *or* more orgasms? Unless you’re celibate or your honeypot rot off, not really a choice now, is it?


Related:

Labels: ,


10 comment(s):

Blogger Terri said...

Is that why my sex life SUCKS... cause I don't wear high heels. :(

2/03/2008 06:32:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Terri, i'm SURE you'll look gorgeous in high heels if you're thinking of wearing them more. :)

Found this helpful article for those who "have difficulty transitioning into new shoe styles, especially those with high heels." Hope it helps.


Finding the Right Style of Shoes. Avoid shoes with pointy toes. All high heels can be hard on your feet, but cramming your toes into shoes that are too pointy can be extremely painful. Many of the women who do this repeatedly for years end up with foot deformities. A round, open toe or square toe is a much better choice, and much easier to get used to.

How High for High Heels? As far as heels go, start off with something lower, and definitely under 2.5 inches. Also, choose a chunky or a wedge heel - a stiletto or really pointy heel can be a killer, even for women who are used to them. Fortunately, there's plenty to choose from these days in the chunky and wedge heel styles, so you can still have a really sexy looking shoe without the increased discomfort and danger of a stiletto.

Shoe Widths are as Important as Shoe Sizes. For women who have never worn dressier shoes very often, it might feel as if they don't fit properly, and perhaps they don't. Many styles of dress shoes tend to be more narrow than athletic shoes. And, even if you've measured to find your shoe size and width, it will vary from shoe to shoe.

Next time a dress shoe speaks to you, try this: in your bare feet, or in the socks or hose you want to wear with the shoe, hold the bottom of the left shoe against the bottom of your right foot (and vice-versa) - you should be able to see the outline of the shoe around your entire foot. If you can't, it's either the wrong size or not wide enough - try a different style, width or size.

While it's always best to find a shoe that is the exact length and width we need, it's not always possible. Some people find they have to go up a half or full size to get the width they need, but then they have a shoe that is too long. If this happens to be the case for you, opt for a sling-back style with an adjustable strap to help keep your heel in place. Heel pads can also help to keep your foot from sliding in your shoes.

Additional Shoe Shopping Tips. Always, always, always try on shoes late in the day (our feet swell over the course of the day), and always stand up when trying shoes on - take a stroll around the aisles to see if they cause any pain or discomfort when walking. Shoes should feel good when you first put them on, so don't make the mistake of thinking you'll break them in - this is especially true with high heels that probably won't be worn every day. (Source)

2/03/2008 07:23:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The things I learn from this fabulous blog. :-)

How can you go wrong with high heels? High heels make you feel sexier, taller, more confident, and your calves and thighs get tighter and it make you walk sexier with them on. Now that I know high heels actually enhance your pleasure muscles, I say more reason to wear them.

Olly

2/03/2008 08:11:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course, I would probably wear high heels more often if I had legs like the model..*sticks tongue out at the computer*..
sure glad I do the kegels while waiting at red lights!!! No complaints from the hubbie yet!

2/03/2008 09:41:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still like to wear them with a lover ... you get to admire them wrapped round his back! Lol!

2/04/2008 05:28:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Aggie, you shameless hussy! :P

Sheila, i think if Carrie, who is a gremlin, can wear high heels, anyone can. Or Charlotte, with her chubby calves--and still looks fab. I've never seen high heels make one's legs look "uglier". Rather they always enhance legs. Plus they make your feet smaller and then lift your butt heh. Isn't it strange they were originally made for men? ;)

2/04/2008 07:59:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

I got so used to wearing flats and sports shoes last year I don't want to go back to heels! My hooha is probably about to fall down to my knees if this article is right LOL

2/04/2008 11:50:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I rarely wear high heels. Walking an hour everyday in high heels will kill my feet. LOL

2/04/2008 04:34:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

Now I'm glad I gave in and bought those f*ck me red five inch, open toed, platform shoes last Saturday. :D

I'd like to wear flats but my feet look soooooo wide when i wear them. My size 8-9 feet look huge.

2/04/2008 08:39:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

That is fabulous news. *G* I love my stilettos. Elegance and power. I wear them everyday to work.

2/06/2008 07:01:00 AM