I’ve been thinking about this lately. Anytime someone says something nice about me I’ll reply with a “funny” negative comment about myself. I have much to be proud of and yet I never point those things out when talking to others; I just concentrate on the things I have to work on. Why is this, I wonder? Why is it so uncomfortable for me to feel good about the things I’ve done and accomplished, and yet, so at ease at making fun of myself?
It’s time I changed this. I think it holds me back both personally and professionally and the truth is I have a lot to be damn proud of. Though it embarrasses me to no end, I’m going to list some of my feats here and do my very best not to cringe every time I see this post. Actually, I will print it, read it many times and remember it whenever someone compliments me.
- I am beautiful and not as fat as I think (gad, that was hard LOL).
- I speak three fluent languages which were damn difficult to learn.
- I graduated from law school a couple of months shy of my 23rd birthday.
- I have a masters in economics which I finished with a nice solid B—and I’m probably the worst person with numbers this side of the Atlantic.
- I’m a FIIAPP scholar and beat over 300 fellow countrymen for a spot in a very coveted masters in Spain. Every year they choose the best representative out of all the Spanish speaking countries (plus Brazil) in Latin America to study Applied Political Science. There are only 30 spots and over 3,000 applications make the “review” cut.
- I have met, talked and interviewed a great number of political figures from around the world including: Fidel Castro, Evo Morales (prez, Bolivia), Herick Campos (congressman, Spain), Vicente Fox (ex prez, Mexico), Bill Clinton (ex prez, USA), Hillary Clinton (senator, USA), Martin Torrijos (prez, Panamá), José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero (prez, Spain) and many others.
- My law school thesis on “International Child Abductions” is being considered to be published as part of a book.
- With great difficulty I can put both my legs behind my head LOL.
Feel free to make this a show-off-your-achievements post. God knows I’ve showed off enough. *cringe*
Note: Yikes, the hardest part wasn’t writing this as I first thought but clicking publish!!!
Labels: trollop and harlot’s stuff