Friday, February 8, 2008

Book Selection of the Month (February '08)


Will make this short. Our book selection this month is The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. First read this book when I was a wee heathen and loved it. Read it again when I was about 17; loved it. Then again last year—still loved it!

For guide questions and some helpful info, click here. Discussion will start on the last week of February. I hope our dear readers will join me in discussing this exciting and fantabulous novel. You’ll see why it’s one of the reasons I became addicted to romance and sarcastic swoonsome men who make my heart go thump-thump-thumpity-thump. Oh, Nat... *sigh*

Labels: ,


12 comment(s):

Blogger Marg said...

I've requested this from the library. Not sure if I will get to before the end of February but I will read it eventually.

2/08/2008 05:11:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hey Marg! Hope you'll be able to join our discussion. :)

2/08/2008 07:02:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Good choice!

2/08/2008 09:28:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Hey, what happened to the countess in the steps or whatever?

Is this an amish book?!?!

2/09/2008 12:09:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, somehow Harlot doen't strike me as being the type to pick an Amish book, no? It seems like it would catch on fire in her harloty hands.

2/09/2008 07:15:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Is this an amish book?!?!

Um, not exactly. But it is set in the 17th century in very, very, very Puritan New England.

I tend to prefer this cover, of the new editions, although my very old one has a different cover.

2/09/2008 07:38:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I like that cover too. But the one i have now is the one on the post/sidebar. I used to have that cartoony one years ago and then lent it to someone and never got it back. This is why i hate lending books sometimes. I share my perfect books and people return them with creases, stains or traces of handwriting on the cover!

2/09/2008 07:53:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Not really Amish. It's about Puritans, Quakers, young love... Did i mention Nathaniel the hottie? The book is full of adventure and romance really. ;)

2/09/2008 07:59:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Re: I share my perfect books and people return them with creases, stains or traces of handwriting on the cover!

Writing on the cover? That's just rude. I write on the inside LOL

Why would you write on the cover when there's so much space inside?!?!

2/09/2008 08:03:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

It has great reviews from Amazon readers. I'll get it from the library.

2/10/2008 03:37:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

I have this on my bookshelf!

2/10/2008 08:50:00 PM  

Blogger Shosh said...

Did I miss it or is this the last week of February? I am reading this book...I have 90 pages to go because you know, I have to do my taxes...but I'm reading. I love the story...I am so itching to read the last page to see if she took the easy way out.

:P
Just Say These Words and you get This Book For Free

2/28/2008 01:28:00 PM