Friday, February 8, 2008

Pugs, bulldogs and two Bitches

Are you a dog lover?

One of Trollop’s main purposes in life is to torture me. Recent proof: she’s getting a new dog. A DAWG. She knows full well animals—especially dogs—HATE me and now that I’m coming to visit her, she’s getting a fucking dog! :@ Here are screencaps from my MSGR, some parts of our conversation yesterday. (Replaced BFs names, tons of typos; we’re pritti bad spellers, eheh. Trollop’s in purple, me in green.)




Labels:


13 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot resist putting in my two cents. If you're really going to choose between a pug and a bulldog, please please please choose a pug. I know bulldogs have become popular, but they have sooooo many health problems. Pugs are a little better.

And really, I would push for adoption, because there are so many great pups in need of a home. Our dog is a rescue and she is fantastic. :)

2/08/2008 12:49:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, I meant to add that you can find a lot of purebred dogs in shelters and rescues if that's what you want. I prefer the mutts because you have a better genetic mix. :)

2/08/2008 12:51:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

karamia - You have to do it with bulldogs too. I will never have a dog with a wrinkled face, blech.

2/08/2008 04:35:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Last month i was offered a yorkie. At the time, didn't even know what that even looks like and my sister shrieked at me when i told her i declined. Then Trollop shrieked at me and then said i should have took it and sold it. :/

Anyway, if i'm ever going to have a dog i want this. My sister the GOSSIP GIRL addict showed it to me. Isn't it cute? And it has curly hair like me. :D No idea what breed it is though.

2/08/2008 07:09:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Harlot, that is the cutest dog ever!
eww, I don't think I could have a dog that you have to clean like that. I clean up enough crap around my house, that would push me over the edge.

2/08/2008 07:54:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Karamia, i know! Now if someone offered me that dog i'd take it. Sooooo cute! Trollop says it looks weird. She likes wrinkly dogs, what does she know. Hmph.

2/08/2008 08:28:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I'm a cat lover but this is very funny! :-P

2/08/2008 09:29:00 PM  

Blogger Shosh said...

Hey, want to go to SF instead this August? Coz, you know, it will be fun, and Trollop might make it too. I would love to met you and Trollop.

2/09/2008 02:40:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Midas, did you move to SF or something? I would love to meet you too and your gorgeous family. :)

God help me i'll be in China this August stalking hot Olympians--sooooo excited! :D

2/09/2008 08:44:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Midas,

I so wish I could get the money for SF. We'll see if it works out b/c I so want to meet you!

Guys, I know about bulldog's health problems but the bf is obsessed. His father is a vet so he said he'd take care of whatever comes up. Still, I'd rather a healthy breed. My original idea was getting a Maltese or a Mini Schnauzer though have given up on the MS idea and replaced it with a min Poodle.

I read that pugs shed all year and I couldn't deal with that :/

This is more or less what I want:

Small-Med size
Not a crazy barker like yorkies or chihuahuas
Not too much shedding (pref. no shedding at all)
Sweet, cuddly, very friendly
Wont need too much excersice (no more than a 30 min walk a day or every couple of days).
Preferably a dog I could easily take with me if I move back to Europe or Asia next year

Any recs?

As far as adopting: no good dog adoption places here :( We might adopt one in BCN and bring it over though. We'll see.

AND HARLOT, NORMAL DOGS DO NOT EAT PEOPLE'S LEGS!

2/09/2008 01:29:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all for the pug. Something about their face just levels me.

Renee

2/09/2008 02:23:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breed-wise, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel pretty much fits your wish list, except they do shed. :( A couple minutes of brushing a day would take care of it. Some sites say they need a regular exercise, but the ones I've met seem content sitting on your lap all day. Of course, they also have their breed-specific problems, so a reputable breeder is important. I just luuurve them, though!

2/09/2008 03:59:00 PM  

Blogger Pepper said...

Trollop -- don't get a miniature wiener dog, whatever you do!! I have one that just turned 3, and while I do love him, he is the biggest pain in the ass. He barks at EVERYTHING, he pees on people and himself when he gets excited. And it's not just mine...almost all of them that I have ever met are the same way.

2/12/2008 10:33:00 PM