Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bitchin' News (12/18)

  • Teen accused of killing dad over grades. Teen accused of killing father, setting home on fire to hide his failing grades. -Ok, now a question. He set the house on fire, fearing the father’s ghost would still be interested in searching for his report card?
  • Santas go on rampage in New Zealand. The rampage, dubbed “Santarchy” by local newspapers, began early Saturday afternoon when the men, wearing ill-fitting Santa costumes, threw beer bottles and urinated on cars from an Auckland overpass, said Auckland central police spokeswoman Noreen Hegarty. -I never get to do anything fun! I mean, when was the last time I was invited to a public pee party?
  • King Kong was less of a box-office brute than Hollywood expected, taking in $50.15 million in its first weekend, a sturdy start but unremarkable by Hollywood blockbuster standards.
  • Paris Hilton has been given a dubious honor: she’s been named the worst-dressed celeb in America by PETA. “Now we know what happens to all of Paris Hilton’s cast-off pets,” the animal-rights group quips of the fur-wearing, partying heiress in its annual worst-dressed list.
  • Rock star Bono and Bill and Melinda Gates have been named “Persons of the Year.” The magazine’s special 2005 “Persons of the Year” double issue appears on newstands today.
  • Across the great divide: Brokeback Mountain is far more than a gay western, it’s a great American love story.

Labels:


5 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I order The Bronze Horseman on amazon. :-)

12/19/2005 08:49:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oooh, TBH.. As you can see on my other blog entries LOL, i loveloveLOVE this book!

Ham, tell us what you think of it when you're finish. Or whenever you're compelled to just talk about any of the scenes. This book is one of those rare novels you just NEED to talk about with someone as it's very overwhelming (Trollop, are you listening?!). Enjoy! :D

12/19/2005 10:04:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ordered it yesterday, but it'll take a month to have it by the courtesy of international shipping bullshit(Pardon my language ㅠㅅㅠ)
I'll get it back to you with everything I read~!

12/19/2005 10:18:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh. :)

Well, i really hope you'll like it. I always, always recommend this book to my friends (i can be pushy too till they relent, lol). Awesome book!

12/19/2005 10:33:00 PM  

Blogger Kenneth M. Walsh said...

Vicious -- Thanks for your note about my blog redesign. How are things coming along over there? I'm pretty happy now, although I wish I knew how to control the whole thing. Let me know if you have some new ideas -- I can't seem to find your e-mail address so am forced to message you via this comment!

12/20/2005 02:34:00 AM