Saturday, January 7, 2006

Rip-off alert


I love Linda Howard, huge fan. She is one of the best writers in the business. I have read and reread every single one of her books; Open Season is one of my all time favorite reads. Those of you who are familiar with her writing know what an icon this woman is in the romance genre.

This morning, I received an Amazon alert to let me know that Mackenzie’s Mountain is being re-released, and will be for sale starting Jan. 18. “Great,” I thought. Then I looked at the price: 30 dollars. Obviously, I had to do a double take. Then, being a rational woman, I said to self, “Oh, it must be the complete ‘Mackenzie’ series, not just the first book.” So I looked again. Nope. Not the series. Just Mackenzie’s Mountain, which I own in paperback, and all I can say is: I wish I was as thin as that book.

They are re-issuing in large print as that is the only way this tiny book could ever be sold as a hardback; the font must be GIGANTIC.

Thirty bucks for this book is a total rip-off. Unless you are a die hard Linda Howard fan, and/or have a VERY healthy bank account, I would advise you to get the book at the library. Cute new cover though.

Labels: ,


3 comment(s):

Blogger Tart said...

Oh, I hate this. Re-issues aren't for the benefit of readers (especially not at $30!), it's to line the pockets of publishers.

1/08/2006 09:34:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A book that was written ages ago costing $30?!...Mackenzie can stay on his mountain.

1/12/2006 01:58:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Large font is always more expensive. It is for people with eyesight problems, not for the regular reader. That is the reason for the high price. You can buy this and the 2 other stories in one big book at Target or a bookstore for around 12.00 or less.

1/12/2006 09:09:00 PM