Friday, February 10, 2006

A public apology to Farrah

Dear Readers,

The Book Bitches have made a grievous error involving Farrah in regards to the Judith McNaught BB post. Her name was mistakenly grouped with other people that we wrote about in yesterday’s article.

We would like to state how deeply sorry we are for this unfortunate incident. Farrah’s name did not deserve to be publicly tainted by us in anyway. Of all the things we are, we are not unfair people. Farrah, to our knowledge, has done nothing wrong, hurtful or mean spirited. We are deeply apologetic for any embarrassment caused by our actions.

We hope you, Farrah and dear readers, can accept our sincerest apologies. It was never our intent to mislead any of you in anyway.


16 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a bit annoyed that you publicly apologise to Farrah but not to SL.

In no way am I taking away the need to apologise to Farrah but.........
Stacy got an apology in your reply comments and Farrah gets a post.

Not trying to cause a war here but I think it would have been sensitive to mention her there.

Bearing in mind I am on the vets hate campaign list, was "sent down" along with others so should really jump for joy but............

I dont like injustice and fair do's to SL she made comments that she now wishes she didn't - sorry for being human.

I know it will drive her nuts trying to figure out who I am but I just needed to say this

Also - you wrote a mainly accurate report but do you realise how many people this has hurt?
I am not talking the vets who deserve it but the ones who didn't?

Most importantly JM herself. So many replies saying they would not read her now because of the board - that is so wrong.
She has absolutely nothing to do with any of this and it is so sad that people will boycott her because of a stupid BB.

Do not place the author in with the fans - she is not us and does not deserve the knock on affect of these posts

Just had to say it

Please don't do this - she really hasn't anything to do with it, and she can't control people - dont take it out on the only innocent involved - that is just so wrong,

2/10/2006 09:18:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with the above and second it.

2/10/2006 09:20:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Anon,

We respect everyone's views here and welcome them.

I am sorry you think it was unfair for SL that she only got a comment. Wether its a comment or a post, both are sincerely written. The reason this was a whole post was, unlike SL, we had made the mistake of mentioning Farrah on the JMBB article itself. And since that was the case, we thought it was jsut fair to do a whole post regarding it.

The JMBB article is in no way about Judith McNaught. We, like you, are lovers of JM's books. This is about the way certain ladies conduct themselves in her BB. Would you rather this continue to be a bad reflection to JM? That is our view in this matter.

For those people who will judge JM because of her BB, that is their opinion, not ours. I myself woudl still continue to buy her books as she is truly a gifted writer.

2/10/2006 11:22:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

LOL Babe,

Give me sec. Am brewing some tea. :P

2/10/2006 11:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's part Chinese, she has to take tea or wilt!

2/11/2006 03:08:00 AM  

Blogger Arorra Pralou said...

I am one of the posters to the jmbb that is *NOT* a vet but was hurt by that post. On the JMBB, I posted a support thread for a person I felt needed a little TLC. It later turned into something it was not meant for, something mean. So I deleted it... it was causing more harm to people than it was helping. I think we should all season our thoughts and words with a little salt. Before you post something, think to yourself, am I helping people or hurting people. I was hurt by that post and I can honestly say I did nothing to deserve it.

2/11/2006 02:45:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Tarbear,

We're sorry you're hurt. But we're positive we've hurt less people with this article than the people that have been hurt in the JMBB through all these years.

Our intention is, that now that this is in the open, people realize what their comments do to others, and perhaps be more considerate of others feeling before they do things like these (including what we have done).

2/11/2006 03:38:00 PM  

Blogger Arorra Pralou said...

Harlot,

I don't think it's ever okay to do wrong in order to do right. next time just be the bigger person and just let it go.

2/11/2006 11:05:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This entire ordeal has only shown how petty and catty individuals can be.

Maybe next time instead of wasting time calling people names and taking out innocents in your path, you'll work on a more positive and constructive way to band together your fellow readers and women. In order to be exceptional, you have to first be the exception.

And by bringing it out in the open, yes, you've shown exactly how comments can hurt, and I think that maybe you didn't look at yourselves closely enough on that front.

I hope you all get over this and can get back to reinforcing postive interaction between women, instead of hurling names and insults.

2/12/2006 08:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously the individual above has never been the recipient of malicious behavior or was one of the guilty involved. The tone of the comment sounds so freaking self righteous so I am thinking it is the latter.

I applaud you for speaking out. I was a member on that board at one time and the way some people were treated was DEPLORABLE and it is ALWAYS the same ones in the middle of it.

2/13/2006 12:10:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why are those who are rude and mean to others on the board ALWAYS the ones who say..let's move on!

If you mention the rudeness, then you are rude too.

Very strange behavior.

2/13/2006 05:13:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I hope you all get over this and can get back to reinforcing positive interaction between women, instead of hurling names and insults."

. . So that Di and her groupies can get away with it some more?

Hmmmm . . . let me think about it . . . . NO! It's about time fingers were pointed - and when it comes to these particular DreadBots, I really don't care which finger you point!

Isn't "positive interaction between women" supposed to happen on the JMBB? Yes, but thanks to Di and her followers, "positive" people have to have very thick skins to participate on Ms. McNaught's board. (Ms. McNaught’s board, NOT Di-and-the-Vets board.)

You were very sweet, Harlot and VT to apologize to Farrah - I've always liked her, too.

2/13/2006 09:44:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read all of your ladies comments, neither am I a "vet" or a "newbie" at the JMBB but sure there is hurt on both sides.

VT and Harlot, how could the two of you truly not believe that this would not be posted on the JMBB. You use the blog address in your signatures and users go to it.

Someone obviously was going to link to it. I'm certainly not taking any sides in this.

However one person will be ashamed in ALL of this, and I am sure she will be grieved and deeply hurt by it all. That person is Judith McNaught herself. Shame no-one though about that when everyone started slagging each other off. All of this is so disrespectful to her, the one person that bought us all to the board in the first place. I certainly would not be proud of that.

2/14/2006 04:10:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what's disrespectful to Judith is the vets slashing away at the newbies. I don't you if any of you noticed but most of the newwbies are rated very low stars in the star system when they haven't done anything wrong. I personally don't post on the JMBB because of all the bitching that goes on there. I do browse though. I think it's time this all came out. Great job Book Bitches!

2/14/2006 06:43:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please. Judith McNaught has dealt with much tougher issues than this! Her love of her life, her husband Michael was tragically killed in a car accident.

The loss of your dear husband is a bit more important than the members of your online community run by your publisher, not you, acting like a bunch of junior high school twits.
There's no reflection on Judith or her professionalism. But some people in the industry do laugh at the flame wars some bb members start.
Yes, I respect Judith. For many reasons, including a life long effort to do the best she can in her writing life.

However, it is clear that many of the vets on JMs board do not emulate Judith. Those vets are a clique. A poorly run junior high school type clique. And most of these women are are old enough to know better.

So don't come to this blog about books and tell the owners of this blog who do not insult posters to their message board to improve their behavior.

Give me a break.

1104

2/14/2006 03:04:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

11:04...you are my hero. :)

2/14/2006 08:51:00 PM