Friday, February 10, 2006

Torino 2006

I absolutely love the Olympics, both the winter and summer ones. I’ve mentioned before how much of a non-sports fan I am, but during the Olympics I become a rabid sports maniac LOL. I will watch as much as my tight schedule will permit. I will cheer for complete strangers, in events I don’t even understand the rules of, and even worse (and more embarrassing!) I will cry when they win!

You know those little stories they have on “favorite” or “underdog” athletes? I’m such a sucker for those. And after watching, I will, of course, root for whoever had to walk 5 miles barefoot in the snow to get to practice, or whoever’s parents sold all their worldly possessions and lived in their car so they could train. I am the perfect victim for journalists and TV shows to fool, because I really do get excited about these things. You’d think I knew these people the way I go off LOL. Is anyone else this easy?

The only competitor I know this time around is Michelle Kwan. And I so hope she wins. She really deserves it!

Tune in tonight for the opening ceremonies (Friday at 8 p.m. Turin time) and keep an eye out for any “sad/inspiring” stories you want to share with me. I’ll be watching too!

Labels:


1 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the same way. I love sports and typically go for the underdog anyway, but especially in the olympics. I get such a kick out of the olympics. I am more a fan of the summer games but do enjoy winter too. I think its the swimmer's bodies I like but heck some of those speed skaters aren't bad either oh and the snow boarders. Hmmm.
I'll keep an eye for the sad/inspiring stories.
Happy Viewing!

2/10/2006 03:57:00 PM