Thursday, October 5, 2006

Afternoon treat

The Book Bitches are proud to present the hottest, the dreamiest, the most fuckable piece of male ass that ever graced the cover of a romance novel...

Gruffydd ap Hywel**
(or as Harlot calls him “you so fine I is wetting my knickers” hottie)



We’re sure these babies are going to be flying off the shelves! I bet they even come with a BOB warning inside! LOL

**No, I swear on my mama’s name, this isn’t a joke. This is an actual book cover! *cringe* Were I to find something like this in a bookstore I’d run the other way screaming! That guy is a fucking nightmare (pun very much intended LOL).
***BTW, it isn’t my intention to hurt the author’s feelings. Maybe she had no input whatsoever in this cover (and thinks it’s fuglier than Orlando Bloom in a leather cat suit too) but couldn’t do anything about it, hence not linking her website.



[Added 5:37 pm]
Harlot here, editing to add this photo done by Trollop after I said her darling Gruffydd reminded me of a giant. I swear, am verra innocent in all of this!


andre

Labels: , , ,


13 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

I swear this guy is the ugliest cover dude i have EVER seen. I'm sorry but he is! He looks like a nekked giant ready to stomp on the unsuspecting villagers around! And what's going on with that hair??? Is it because he's been electecuted one time too many? :/ Look, there's even lightning coming for him right there!!!!!

10/05/2006 03:59:00 PM  

Blogger Tisty said...

I've said it before: Small, unimportnat author have no say in there covers. They are given them and told, this is going to bind your story. It's a hit and miss lottery.

That said, this cover is a travesty. Who the publisher? They should be shot and their body hung out to dry in the Saraha and sold off as jerky.

(Please note: if it turns out to be the same people publishing my romance, I withdraw my curse and will apologise, decideing that even the great and good can have a bad day!!!!)

10/05/2006 04:26:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I just published the Andre pic with the aritcle. Too good not to be seen by everyone! LOL

10/05/2006 05:47:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Why would anyone think that guy is romance cover material? And he's naked outside the castle walls too.

Trollop, that Andre pic is the funniest thing I've seen today!

10/05/2006 06:36:00 PM  

Blogger Serendipity said...

We should send this picture to the model....to warn him what could happen if he let himself go.

It'll be an act of kindness

10/05/2006 09:49:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Oh. Dear. God. MY EYE, MY EYE!!! AAAHHHHH

10/06/2006 06:31:00 AM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

You know, he does have that lovely area by his hip bone that's pretty hot...

And sometimes we authors have a vision, we give it to the cover artists, our visions don't always meet. So while we have a lot of control, we don't have total control. If I did, I'd have me and John Cusack in a bunch of cheesy poses on all of my covers. LOL

And December seems like a pretty good sport. Or so I think she is. One of my covers was snarked on another site recently and she joined in the fun--I'm sure she can take it. LOL

Dakota :)

10/06/2006 11:16:00 AM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

OMG! Who is this monstrosity of ugliness??? Yikes, I feel sorry for the author. I don't know her but I'm thinking this cover would NEVER attract new readers.

Dakota, I guess you have to have thick skin when you're an author. Anyway, she made fun of your cover? Well, whatever your cover is can't be as BAD as this one with the giant. LOL

10/06/2006 07:01:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dakota, lol, my eye was drawn to that "hip bone area" as well *wink*

10/06/2006 08:02:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Trollop, that Andre pic is funny! Anyway you're right, the resemblance is uncany. LMAO

Dakota, I love John Cusack! Oh can I please have my photo with him on your next cover? I would love it if he'd be leaning on me like I'm some chick he can't get enough of. LOL :P

10/06/2006 08:12:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

I have to agree about the hip bone, but unless this giant would always be naked (which is gross) and I wouldn't be able to look into his hip area (and lower) i don't think I could be able to look at this guy without thinking, "Yeah, Andre's long lost brother."

10/06/2006 08:36:00 PM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

LOL, Vanessa. I personally liked the particular cover for the book that was snarked. But yeah, several people joined in. You know what that's like--it's fun to crack wise if it isn't about YOU. LMAO. I don't mind. it meant the book was bought and that's okay by me :)

Tammi--great minds and all, doll. LOL

Danielle--don't make me fight you for my man John, now. It could get ugly. LOLLOL

DC :)

10/07/2006 12:01:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

You so fine I is wetting my knickers? LOL!

Is this a cover of a paperback or an ebook? This guy is just plain ugly. If I were the author I would at least protest or ask what sin I have committed to deserve this...this...caveman. Ick!

10/07/2006 12:41:00 PM