Sunday, December 11, 2005

Deadly Kisses, the last Deadly book?

Set in turn-of-the-century New York, Brenda Joyce’s “Deadly” series has managed to capture and retain the interest of many loyal readers. Featuring Francesca Cahill, an intrepid—if at times annoying sleuth, the series has become an unexpected phenomenon, in big part due to one of the sexiest heroes to ever grace the pages of a book: Calder Hart. *sigh*

I have fallen in love with both Calder’s character and the story lines of these novels, and must admit that was shocked, not to mention very upset, when I read in Brenda’s site that after the next book Deadly Kisses (coming out in Jan/06), it could be years until she writes the next one! In different interviews and in her website, Joyce blames her publisher for this, saying that they asked her “to concentrate on the historical romance and paranormal” and leave this series behind. But in truth, she herself has admitted that she feels “very burned out/tapped out with the deadlines.”

So where, you might ask, does this leave her fans? Her answer to that question is:


“Of course I worry about leaving fans in the lurch. I bet in five years I’ll want to do another one. I had no idea it would be so hard to do a series—writing about one couple for nine books is very challenging. Of course, Francesca remains one of my best all time great heroines, and let’s face it, Calder Hart is probably the single greatest hero I’ve written.”


Now Brenda, do you honestly think these lame ass excuses make me feel better? Uhhh, NO!!!

I want another “Deadly,” at least one more, where you can tie all the loose ends. I’ve read some of your other titles, and trust me when I tell you, this series is the BEST thing you’ve ever written. Take advantage of it. I don’t know about other readers, but if I have to put up with another couple like the brainless Sophia and Edward-the-perverted-creep from After Innocence, I will crack my skull against a wall to put myself out of the misery!

Labels: ,


3 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard of this series before, should I read it? Does it have hot sex? LOL

12/11/2005 04:17:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This series needs a serious impetus. Please Calder .... boink fran or someting:-)

12/18/2005 08:36:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you read the latest part, where she says maybe Kisses is the last book, but then again, maybe it's not? Does she even know what's going on? She is one confused woman. All I know is I better see Calder and Fran do it before this series ends or I am going to be very unhappy!

12/30/2005 01:28:00 PM