Friday, March 3, 2006

Book promotion

I was doing a routine check on blogs that link us (yes, I am quite the obsessive bitch LOL) and stumbled upon this article in one of the cool blogs that have The Book Bitches on their sidebar.

I’ve yet to buy anything from bookcloseouts.com, but thought it’d be nice to let you guys know about this book promotion they have.

Dollar 4 Dollar promotion details:
  • First you must place $25.00 or more worth of books into your shopping cart. This amount is before taxes and no coupons may be used in conjunction with this offer. These books must be chosen from books that are not on the free book list.
  • It’s a “dollar 4 dollar” sale so you may match every dollar in your cart with a dollar’s worth of free books! For example: If you have $25.00 in your cart that you are paying for, you may select $25.00 worth of books free. If you have $50.00 dollars worth of books in your cart that you’re paying for, you may select $50.00 dollars worth of free books to go with those books.
I did a quick search through the site, and it appears that most of their books are really cheap as it is, so this “dollar 4 dollar” promotion looks like a steal.

BTW, while you are there, check out the prices on Marian Keyes hardcovers, such a bargain! And they have Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie, in HC, for under six bucks!

Labels:


9 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh wow. They have Paullina Simons' GIRL IN TIMES SQUARE for under $5?!? I want that book, :( and her latest one, THE SUMMER GARDEN. *sniff*

3/03/2006 02:43:00 PM  

Blogger Scandalous said...

thanx, found a great deal on some origami books, just wish they would have had more available =/

3/04/2006 12:23:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mentioned this to DH...and right away he said...that's another way of saying you get 50% off, but have to spend 25$ minimum.

huh? I didn't think of it that way. Free book is free book I say. This man is just asking to tied up and spanked!

3/04/2006 03:06:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I think post office stole my package!!! *sob*

3/04/2006 11:46:00 AM  

Blogger Marlene D. Malone said...

Maybe I'm being old-fashioned but I do not trust the US Postal service with anything I buy. I want to physically go to a store, pay for it and carry it home. That way I know I have it.

3/05/2006 05:36:00 PM  

Blogger Marlene D. Malone said...

Good Lord!

Hey anytime I have a book you want I will be happy to mail it to you. That is just outrageous for a paperback. My guess is you're either somewhere in Liverpool, England or in the Australian wilderness to pay that much for a book!

3/05/2006 08:10:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlene...here in NZ, I pay about NZ$25 for a paperback. And that's the cheapest. Usually paperbacks are about NZ$30. So bloody expensive! I have found a NZ website that does have cheap books, for example, I just bought two Tara Janzen books for NZ$28 (inc delivery) so that's pretty good. I hardly ever walk into a bookstore here and buy a brand new book. I'm so deprived LOL

3/05/2006 10:16:00 PM  

Blogger Marlene D. Malone said...

Ouch you ladies are taken advantage of overseas!

My husband said when he was in Japan for three years books went for about $50 to $70 american dollars brand new. That just plain hurts.

I was in London with my mom when I was about 9-10 years old (she was originally from Glasgow, Scotland) and I seem to remember her telling me not to touch any books. That's coming from a literature professor lol

3/05/2006 10:37:00 PM  

Blogger MotherReader said...

I haven't linked to you yet... but I will once I figure out how to do that. I am enjoying your site and hope you can pop by and check out mine. It is a different flavor of books, a little bit of everything I'd say, and hopefully some humor. Though not, apparently, in this actual comment.

3/11/2006 02:03:00 PM