Thursday, March 2, 2006

Book Watch: The Taming of the Duke

The Taming of the Duke
by Eloisa James
Format: Paperback, 400 pages
Publisher: Avon
Pub Date: April 1, 2006
ISBN: 0060781580

Imogen, Lady Maitland, has decided to dance on the wild side. After all, she’s in the delicious position of being able to take a lover. A discreet male who knows just when to leave in the morning.

But Lady Maitland is still under the watchful eye of her former guardian, the wildly untamed Rafe, the Duke of Holbrook. He believes she is still in need of a “watchdog.” She laughs at the idea that someone so insufferably lazy and devoted to drink can demand that she behave with propriety.

It’s Rafe’s long-lost brother, a man who looks precisely like the duke but with none of his degenerate edge, who interests Imogen. To Imogen, he’s the shadow duke... the man who really should hold the title. But when Imogen agrees to accompany Gabe to a masquerade... whose masked eyes watch her with that intense look of desire? Who exactly is she dancing with? The duke or the shadow duke? Rafe... or Gabe?

Labels:


9 comment(s):

Blogger blessed, grateful said...

have you ladies read anything written by the wonderful Robin Schone? eroctic romance novels that are not in the least tacky, and have characters that stay with you for awhile. not an author i'd recommend passing on. i really enjoy her books and yes...tasteful covers

3/02/2006 08:05:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have not read anything by Eloisa James but have heard her name a lot, esp. on fabb. Will have to check this one out. I typically don't like covers like this but if I focus on those abs...
Mmmmm
I'm such a sucker for good abs.

3/02/2006 09:39:00 PM  

Blogger Serendipity said...

nailchic, I have read Robin Schone. She's definitely an acquired taste...lots of creative couplings, but sometimes, it comes on too strong. But that's just me.

I agree with you on RS cover...which will probably traumatized some people not expecting it's content. :)

3/03/2006 04:35:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Aggie, i don't like these kinds of cover too. LOL I stay away from them as much as possible, bare-chested men with improportionable body parts and usually creepy looking facial expressions. :S

But this is Eloisa James's sequel to a book i really enjoyed last year, MUCH ADO ABOUT YOU (i've yet to read KISS ME ANNABEL). So i overlooked the reattached head. :P

3/03/2006 06:31:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hullo Nailchic, welcome :D Serendipity is right. Robin Schone is an acquired taste.

I've only read one RS and promised myself, never again. :S I've read her book AWAKEN MY LOVE and only finished it jsut to see how far it could go from stupid to moronic at best. I have to say, it didn't fail me. LOL

Also, the hero's idea of foreplay is inserting as many fingers as he could inside his wife. :S Just not for me, i guess.

3/03/2006 06:42:00 AM  

Blogger Ryan Fender said...

sorry i have no comment about the book (or the cover) but just wanted to say thank god that there are some blogs out there which actually have subjects as opposed to "musings about my boring life"-keep it up please! more blogs like this one.

3/03/2006 12:29:00 PM  

Blogger somoby said...

i realize that many women enjoy the kind of writing in the books being discussed. help me understand. similar passages i have read (not in the books being discussed) make me squirm. it is so curious to me.

3/03/2006 08:24:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

somoby, I think that's what it means when someone said "to each his/her own"

I read Gabriel's Angel, and really wanted to get turn on by the book...and I gotta tell you, it fell short of the mark. It has to do with Bananas and voyeurism, and icky anal sexing. And I think too much angst about having orgasm...giiiiish!

But RS is talented, make no mistake, but it's just not something I can totally appreciate. And Harlot put it best. It's just really moronic.

3/03/2006 09:09:00 PM  

Blogger Maddie said...

I am so freaking ready for this book to come out! I love Eloisa!

3/08/2006 11:20:00 PM