Thursday, September 21, 2006

The time has come... today!

meredith


After months of waiting and waiting and ohgawd waiting, FINALLY, the third season of Grey’s Anatomy is here!!! *happy dance* YAYAYAYAYAY! If you’re like me—who maniacally downloaded every freaking GA episode like there was no tomorrow—you’re probably counting every minute till the first episode airs tonight. (Seriously, it was either kill my poor McPC or burst a brain vessel from torturous anticipation. You see, at the time season two was ending in the U.S., the first season was only fucking starting here—the injustice!!!)

According to the plot summary, the doctors of Seattle Grace help Izzie cope with the loss of her fiancé, Denny, and her decision to quit the internship program. Meredith must decide what the future holds after her liaison with Derek. The Chief is confronted by his wife, Adele, after spending the night in his office, and George seeks relationship advice from a surprising source.

Now here’s what the show creator Shonda Rhymes has to say:


The first episode is going to take place pretty much where the end of Season Two left off. Because I don’t believe in jumping ahead three months and leaving people scratching their heads and muttering, “Dude... what happened while we were away?” I feel like SO much happened at the end of last season that I owe it to the characters to have them deal with the aftermath. And I owe it to you to let you watch the aftermath. Cause Denny died (...) and Burke got shot and Meredith lost her panties...

Those panties... dude, those panties play a big part in the first couple of episodes. Those panties are key. Cause Meredith never put them back on. She rushed out to deal with Izzie and left Derek who was asking “Meredith, what does this mean?” and she never had a chance to put those panties back on. So watch for the panties—and I don’t just mean the shot in the promos that has them on the bulletin board in the hospital.

The first episode (which is called “Time Has Come Today”) deals with, not just the aftermath, but also with the past. I encourage you to watch the original very first episode of Grey’s Anatomy from Season One because, if you pay attention to the dialogue and the details, you will be rewarded in this premiere episode with some (hopefully) very interesting tidbits. And I hate the word “tidbits” but it does describe what I mean perfectly. This first episode of Season Three is meant to reward hardcore fans—it’s also meant to bring us to a place where we can say goodbye to Denny as well as deal with the Mer/Der/Finn of it all.


Ohhh, I CANNOT WAIT! I’ve missed the GA gang, especially Derek and his oh so McCharming smiles and those McDreamy eyes. *sigh* I want to know what will happen with Izzie, especially after last season’s finale gave way to speculation about Katherine Heigl leaving the show (say it isn’t so!). I want to see more of McVet (Chris O’Donnell is cute cute cute!). I want McSteamy to come back and to stir more trouble (he is gorgeous, he can give me a physical any day LOL). I want the torturous love-hate triangle between Addison, Derek and Meredith to finally be resolved. I want a McDreamy-McHarlot-McVet-McSteamy foursome so hot it would surely leave permanent burn marks in our bodies *swoon* (not necessarily aired in ABC :P).

So what do you guys think will happen? Or what do you want to see in the new season? *g*

P.S. For a recap of the entire series, tune in an hour before the season premiere at 8 p.m. Eastern for “Complications of the Heart.” This hour-long special will feature a compilation of important moments from the second season, as well as a longer version of The Fray’s GA music video, “How to Save a Life.”

Labels:


49 comment(s):

Blogger ~ames~ said...

I am so excited for GA! But CSI is also on at the same time and my dad is a CSI fan-and I technically live in my father's house, so he technically controls the remote. ARGH!!

Hey, did anyone catch that new show Smith? I watched it because hottie Simon Baker was in it. It looks interesting.

9/21/2006 10:04:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I only follow a couple of shows, CSI and GREY'S. Plus ROCKSTAR and AIDOL and my fave AMAZING RACE. :P Oh, i can't wait to see GA!

Ames, SMITH? I've never heard of it. :/ Actually don't know any new show that's coming up. Did you wath THE GUARDIAN? Only seen a couple of episodes but I lub Simon Baker there. Sigh, that badboy Nick Fallin is hot. :P

GWB, I can't believe GA is so popular they're airing against CSI! Anyway, no Tivo here but we do have a lot of replays. I stopped watching GG after season 3. They stopped airing new episodes i got tired of waiting, ack.

9/21/2006 10:59:00 AM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

I too await with my breath held fo the premiere. And even though I just KNOW it won't happen, I want Denny to live, live, live. LOL

I have to say, I think he's hotter than McDreamy and that he died made my heart break. 'Twas AWFUL LOL.
Oh, and hotmama--yeah McDreamy cheated, but his wifey did first and when she did is when he began the affair with Meredith. When he decided to get back together with wifey and try to make things work was when he had a lot of trouble coming to terms with letting Meredith go.

The scene at the end of last season was sort of a culmination of all his frustrations about trying to do the right thing, but still wanting Meredith :)

DC :0

9/21/2006 12:00:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Addison cheated on Derek first. And they were separated when he got involved with Meredith. When Addison followed Derek to SGH, Meredith of course broke up with Derek.

I really love the end of last season when Derek and Meredith were dancing with their partners. Did you see that look Derek gave Meredith? OMG that was THE look. I rarely see that look in TV/movies or in real live even, and I know I shouldn't have cheered Mer and Der getting it on but I did! LOL

Dakota, I cried when Denny died! I can't believe he's gone. Poor Izzie. But he got a new TV show, doesn't he? That one with cutie Jensen Ackles.

9/21/2006 12:12:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Am I the only one who doesn't like Dr. Callie. I heard she's a regular now.

9/21/2006 01:48:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I am totally addicted to Grey's!!! Of course Mer has to choose McDreamy over McVet, but Finn is so cute and Chris O'Donnell is just adorable, I want him to stay!

I feel so sorry for Izzie. She was hysterical last season when Denny died. I think Alex was amazing. Though he needs a lot of growing up to be with Izzie. What's up with Christina and Burke? Now I have to admit I like Addison better than Meredith. LOL But I want Meredith and Derek to be together. :P

9/21/2006 01:57:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

I am so excited summer's over and Greys is back! I'm sorta sad about the show moving to Thursday since I watch CSI too. Thank God for Tivo. Now what does it mean by "the first episode is meant to reward hardcore fans"? Are they finally showing McDreamy in full frontal nude? Because, SERIOUSLY, that first episode in season one had him sleeping naked on the floor and you can't even see his cute butt!

9/21/2006 02:12:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Is it really today? Or are we talking Texas time here? or Land of the Shining Pearls?

I can't wait. Even though I still have not managed to get ahold of the whole season.

I wanted to be like Harlot and download episodes, except that I'd rather it be offered at my lovely feet, DVD shinny and really for play!

9/21/2006 03:33:00 PM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

Harlot-I never watched the Guardian. :( But I saw Simon B. in that movie Something New. That's the only new tv show I'm interested in. It's GA for me all the way. LOL I'm such a loser.

How come no one likes Callie? I do. :P

9/21/2006 03:53:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Ames,
Loved THE GUARDIAN. Nick Fallin is one glorious badboy who makes my slutty heart beats a little bit faster. ;)


Shosh,
US time. GA season 3 won't be here till next year. :/ But i have my sources for new episodes, thank God--or i would go insane! Seriously.


Casey,
I know what you mean about THAT look. Oh. My. God. I had to fan myself while i was watching it; i felt i would swoon! LOL


Jolie,
I highly doubt it but full frontal McDreamy nude is mighty welcome. :P

9/21/2006 04:14:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I want McSteamy to come back and be friends with Meredith. That would surely drive both Derek and Addison mad! I think Addison is STUNNING.

Now, Callie, don't care about her really LOL. I mean, i'm not a George fan so.. Unlike most people, i don't find him adorable. I think he's a whiny little bugger. Now Alex, man, he's a jerk. But he was amazing that last episode.

9/21/2006 04:22:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm ready and prepared. I have my Tivo and VCR set, I've watched the reruns, and I'm making popcorn later.

The timeslot change doesn't really bother me. I mean, Grey's has millions of fans and they would follow it and watch it no matter when it's on.

I think McDreamy has great hair (that hair!) but Dr. Burke is the one for me. Sigh. I want more Burke!

9/21/2006 04:32:00 PM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

Petra-that's not sad. I was so angry when I found out Season 2 came out on DVD a week before the show started. I haven't caught up on all my episodes! And with the first season DVD, watched all the shows in one shot. LOL

Everyone at work watches the show, but they don't get into it the way I do. Thank god for like minded people on the net.

I love all you GA fans!! LOL

9/21/2006 05:35:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I discovered Grey just last season and immediately had to have the DVDs so I can watch the previous episodes. I can't believe it's finally here! Woohoo!!!

Btw, Patrick Dempsey's wife is pregnant and apparently they're having twins this time.

9/21/2006 06:29:00 PM  

Blogger justacoolcat said...

I've been hearing a lot of talk about the new GA, but I've yet to get sucked into the fray.

9/21/2006 09:22:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

I can't wait! Everyone is waiting for this premiere. And I love Callie! Finally a voluptous doctor compare to the three skinny ones (Mer, Christina, Izzie). I love her and her dress in that prom!

9/21/2006 09:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want Denny to come back to life. Is that possible?

I think Finn is hot but he and Meredith don't have any chemistry. Derek has to leave Addison this time! He can't just say he loves Meredith and stay with Addison.

My friends think I'm too obsessed with this show. There's no way I won't see every episode. I can even quote some stuff from memorable scenes. Hahaha. Now if only it will hurry up so I can watch season 3 here in NZ.

9/21/2006 10:49:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

OMG LOVE the first episode! Not sure if I should be talking spoilers but that last scene with Derek and Meredith had me crying! LOL I'm so looking forward to next Thursday!

9/22/2006 12:06:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Harlot, we live in the same country so what we only got so far last night was Season 2 Episode 3 - Make Me Lose Control! But I also got my source for the whole complete Season 2 Haha! Anyway, with Season 3, this is really the time to be sooo excited! I am a certified GA addict, Harlot! Mc's are really hot - McDreamy, McVet and McSteamy! Not to mentioned of course McDenny! That Season 2 last episode really got me. What with THAT LOOK - the "like you've seen me naked" look! :)

9/22/2006 03:55:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

The episode last night was good. Not as fantastic as I had expected, still, it's great that they're back! And what a season opener, I have to say. The little flashbacks were a nice touch for me.

My husband teases me about loving this show so much. I don't mind him since he sits there and watches it with me. Ha!

9/22/2006 09:22:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I think Greys makes TV worth watching again. I've never loved a TV show since SATC and now we have Meredith and the gang. I think the episode last night was worth the wait, it certainly made me laugh and cry and made me want to punch Derek right there on his mouth! Now I can't wait for next Thursday!

9/22/2006 09:38:00 AM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Why why why do they have to kill Denny? One of the reasons I got hooked on the show was because of him and Izzie. And I don't like Alex for Izzie. I started watching after that bomb episode in season 2, which was awesome btw.

9/22/2006 10:30:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IZZIE MUST STAY! She's my favorite in the show and if she leaves, I would seriously freak out!

I love Bailey. And the flashbacks last night was fab. Great start for the new season!

Olly

9/22/2006 10:52:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lollie, that's funny. LOL. My mom used to raise her eyebrows on GA but now she's addicted to the show, and my dad too! :D

Olly

9/22/2006 10:55:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Shoot, i was expecting there's at least a hint of my foursome.. Er, anyway..

Cora,
I think THAT look was really something like, "I want you. I want you so much I ache. Only you." *ahem* Oh god, i want me some of those!


Olly,
I LUB Bailey! She's awesome.


Petra,
LOL. :P I can't blame you. Like Danielle said, GA made TV worth watching again. ;) GA ROCKS! Anyone who says otherwise should be pelted to death with rotten tomatoes! Grrr..

9/22/2006 11:14:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Harlot, I'm sure your foursome is too hot for GA. Hahaha!

When talks about a cast possibly leaving the show, I immediately thought it would be Alex since he's the only one without any real connection with the other casts. But I like Alex. I know he's a bit of a jerk sometimes but SGH won't be the same without him.

9/22/2006 11:37:00 AM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

My friend somehow saw next week's episode already. I made her dish-and now I'm kind of mad at what happens.

I wish Denny could come back to life too. :(

9/22/2006 11:57:00 AM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Harlot, I only want Finn, can I please have him? LOL You can have McDreamy and McSteamy!

I've always liked Chris O'Donnell. Have a huge crush on him ever since. :P You know Meredith and Derek would get back together no matter what so Finn really can't stay but still, it wouldn't hurt if he too would be a regular cast. I mean, if Callie could stay why can't McVet stay too?

Loved the first episode!

9/22/2006 12:01:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Ames, gasp! What do you mean? There are episode leaks??? Where can I find it? Please, please do tell what happened. I'm dying here. Begging. Pretty please...

I think we should put *SPOILERS* on our messages. LOL. Anyway still begging Ames. :P

9/22/2006 12:05:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Ames! Seriously, where did your friends get it?!? I'm freaking out here, I want to see it too! Oh god, I'm hopeless.

9/22/2006 12:07:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Ames, you tease! You better spill! LOL Ohhhh, did McSteamy finally came back? I really wish he would. *sigh*

9/22/2006 01:19:00 PM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

Do you ladies really want spoilers??

9/22/2006 02:28:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Ames, yes please. :P

9/22/2006 03:02:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Ames, we want spoilers! I hope no one's leaving because that would be sad.

9/22/2006 03:24:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Kate Walsh! I think GA got lucky for casting her. For a cheater and the main character's rival, she's just lovely. I love those flashbacks in NYC too. Great first ep!

9/22/2006 03:35:00 PM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

**SPOILERS AHEAD**
*

*

*
This one pissed me off-Meredith doesn't choose between McVet and McDreamy-she decides to date both of them.

Callie is caught dancing in her panties by the Chief, and he says they both have to go home. Chief has been staying in his office. It looks like Callie goes to live with George

BUT

Callie, in an effort to become Mer's friend, claims the Lost & Found panties as her own, and George gets jealous.

Alex sleeps with a dying woman in the bar's bathroom.

Izzie makes lots of muffins.

Addison goes on a drunk and our most favouritest fornicator shows up-McSteamy is back y'all! When Derrick goes to Addison at the hotel where she's staying, McSteamy comes out of the bathroom in a towel, and Addison is in her robe, her hair all wet.

And there was a mistake at a local tv channel, they played the wrong episode. It's even in the newspaper here because LOTS of citizens are mad. LOL

9/22/2006 03:38:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

OMG Ames! I can't believe this! Why would Meredith do that? She should know better! Aaarrgghh

Callie, yikes. That girl is trying too hard to be pals with George's friends. If I remember it correctly she said I love you to George vbut he didn't answered back, right? Not good.

9/22/2006 03:53:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

*TALKING SPOILERS HERE*

Oh dear god. All i can picture right now is McSteamy in a towel.. hot hot McSteamy.. hmm-mmm.. damn..

Um.. er, yeah.

So! What the hell is wrong is Meredith?!? I can't believe she would fuck this up! I can understand wanting two men but you can't play with people's feelings liek that when something big like love is involve. She should just leave Finn, she obviously loves Derek. Though this gives us more of McVet. :P

Btw, why were the locals angry? They got an advance viewing of next week's episode, for crying out loud LOL. Thanks, Ames!

9/22/2006 04:01:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Why would Alex slept with a dying woman in a bar's bathroom? He was supposed to be redeeming himself not banging some random stranger in a bar. No wonder he gets syphillis(sp).

Does that mean Addison and McSteamy slept together? The thing with this Derek-Addy-Mark thing, Addy might had an affair with Mark, but she loves Derek. No one in her right mind would stay like she did, working side by side with a woman she knows very well is loved by her husband. And eventhough Derek hated her, seemed like a losing battle, she fought for her marriage.

9/22/2006 04:15:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Ames, thanks for that. I can't believe Mer would be such an idiot about this. She should just dump Finn.

I feel bad for Callie. This show needs her. She's not a perfect size like the other doctors, she's honest (though claiming someone else's panties contradicts that) and she just wants George.

I'm glad Izzie's starting to function at least, and I'm glad McSteamy is back. :P

9/22/2006 04:22:00 PM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

***SPOILER***

The whole Alex thing. There's this patient who has lung cancer, and she's never smoked, drank, ate bad food, did any bad thing in her life. So she wants to be bad and have sex with a stranger in the bathroom. And Alex helps her out.

I think people were angry because they were confused. To them, thinking this was the first episode, all this stuff had happened and they were lost.

9/22/2006 04:27:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Okay, i take it back about Alex deserving syphilis. :P

9/22/2006 04:40:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

OMG thanks Ames! :D I need to watch the old episodes. I already forgot some of them. Like, I can't remember when Callie first appeared in the show, things like that.

9/22/2006 04:46:00 PM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

HotMama-I'm in Canada. :P

Also, Eric Dane was in X-Men 3. And he plays Multiple Man. YUM! LOL

9/22/2006 07:44:00 PM  

Blogger T-girl said...

I am so confused... Eric Dane is MARRIED to Rebeccah Gayheart (who is GORGOUS btw) BUT he is DATING... Allysa Milano! Can we say... McSteamy is a bit like life! LOL

I was a bit disappointed with the episode last night, I suppose it was a catch up ect but damn if I did not want it to just GO BOOM! LOL

Oh I am not a big Callie fan either! There is a part of me that LOVES her BUT as a other half of George... NO!!!! She is a bit to quirky for him... plus.. they look odd together! LMAO

9/22/2006 11:20:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Oh Good Lord! Am I the only one who ended up with a wrong recording? Stupid TiVO. Why can't they ever get my programming right

9/23/2006 01:10:00 AM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Oh no Shoshana! That's not the first ep. :( The one you saw was the recap of season 2 which aired an hour before the actual first ep of season 3.

9/23/2006 01:19:00 AM  

Blogger Girlie said...

I knew it...does anyone here have a recording of the show? I can tell snippets of it from that music video...oh crap!

And I am so looking forward to it!

9/23/2006 01:30:00 PM  

Blogger Cherry Popcorn said...

I love Grey's Anatomy too..!!! dying to know whether Meredith will end up with Dr.Derek in the end.. but i have no time to watch the show now.. my last episode was when Meredith met up with his wife right after they made up! argh! tv shows!!! i sorta forgot everyone's name now.. =( think i'm gonna dl the show.. ^.^ nice work tho..take care..!

9/25/2006 12:59:00 AM