Saturday, November 4, 2006

Starbucks, bucks, books and laundry

I hadn’t been able to read a thing since I got here almost a month ago. My mind has been working overtime, can’t concentrate to study, blog, chat, email, and now that I think about it, can hardly concentrate for basic stuff like breathing either. *sigh* So yeah, I’m having fun, but I’ve become a brainless idiot who’s also been plagued with all sorts of illnesses** for weeks. I think I have been given the evil eye. (Come on, fess up, who cursed me? *grrr*)

Anyway, as always, I digress. Last Sunday I decided to take the day for myself and go for brunch, catch a movie, scope out hotties and maybe read a page or two of HP6. I wanted to sit in a little sidewalk café and look posh with my double choco mocha while I read and secretly glanced around to see who was watching me and thinking, “Oh, look at that smart, but hot looking girl with the great boots!” So I walked and walked and walked some more and found nothing but fucking Starbucks. I swear, there are 125 branches in Madrid!!!!!!! I walked down Princesa and La Gran Via, all the way to fucking Sol, and the only thing I found were Starbucks; and get this, every single one of them was packed!!!!!!! Yep, that’s right, one in every corner and all full of people! WTF?

Have you heard the saying “if you can’t beat them join them”? Well, that’s just what I did. I got my double choco mocha and a choco muffin and sat in this incredibly comfy chair, where for the first time since August I was able to read!!! It was pure bliss. I am now officially in love with Starbucks and its chairs, and I’m going fucking broke paying the ridiculous prices they charge for coffee (freaking 6 euros EVERYTIME I go, and the coffee isn’t even that good TBH); but since it’s the only place I can read, I guess it’s worth it. *sigh* Later I’ll have to dance*** in the streets and beg for money since I’ll be penniless and homeless, but for now Starbucks can rip me off all it wants if I can enjoy my books. *g*

Now for the laundry. I sort of shoved everything in there. :/ I KNOW, I KNOW. It just sounded like too much work and, well, I dunno, someone said in the comments they did that and nothing happened so I thought I’d give it a go. It went okay. Not sure my clothes are really clean though. :/ For example: my socks are still a bit dirty, and one of my tops has some unidentifiable brownish stain in the boob area (not sure what the fuck that is since I was really drunk when I wore that!). What did happen was that one of my gym pants are now capris. How the hell did that happen? They’re sort of short and very tight now, when they were long and lose before I put them in there. Or maybe I’ve grown a couple of inches? *very confusing*

On a little side note: Harlot and I have been very busy lately, but we’re working on managing our time better so we can resume blogging daily as before. :) Give us a week or so, and we’ll be back with a vengeance; that means tons more bad posts and eye candy LOL.

**Depressed, common cold, throat infection and now some sort of back spasm thing (dunno how that came about).
***If you can call what I do dancing. I look like a quadraplegic having a seizure when I “dance,” and yet I love to do it LOL.

Labels: ,


23 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

Good god, babe, your laundry skills are APPALLING. :/

And yes, if you must know, i like you better getting broke because of bloody Starbucks comfy chairs and their crappy coffee. :P

11/04/2006 10:26:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Trollop, what happened to your back? I hope you'll feeling better soon. :)

11/04/2006 11:16:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

I have to confess I'm addicted to Starbucks' caramel macchiato. I just have to have one everyday!

For your laundry, don't put everything together! This is why your gym pants shrunk. And don't overload the washer because your clothes won't get clean.

11/04/2006 11:59:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Somehow, Starbucks isn't just a coffee chain. They put crack in that stuff, I tell you. Proof you're a Starbucks addict? Baristas have your drink fix before you even reach the front of the line. Definitely more expensive than smoking. Get well soon, Trollop!

11/04/2006 02:12:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Trollop, what did you do? You didn't follow everyone's advice! LOL Good thing a shrunken gym pants was the only casualty!

Now I too am a starbucks addict. I can't get through work without my grande skim sugar free extra hot caramel macchiato. Of course it doesn't help that every where I go there's a starbucks on every block! LOL I love the gingerbread latte too during the holidays. Grande, please!

11/04/2006 02:45:00 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

Tall Vanilla Soy Latte. *sigh*

Aren't capri workout pants "in" right now? I believe I've seen someone at the gym wearing those. So never fear. I'm guessing it a was a temperature thing and also a no drying rule. Check the tag, it probably said "DO NOT PUT IN DRYER" or something like that.

Hope you're feeling better! Missed your smiling face and fun chats.

Looking forward to the eyecandy.

11/04/2006 03:30:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Get well soon, Trollop, and I hope your next laundry session fares better! Oh and thanks for the update. I've been wondering why you and Harlot haven't been blogging much lately. :)

Now Starbucks talk. I used to be addicted to grande carmel frappucino. I'm pretty sure the baristas could see it in my eyes how addicted I've been. You know I heard coffee chains make more profit than banks? Isn't that something? This is the kind of culture we're in: we need kick ups every hour in order to function "normally". But where the hell is this pattern leading us?

11/04/2006 03:30:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Mmmmm... Venti Carmel Machiato, with enough carmel to make your teeth hurt, it's coding fuel!

Hope you're feeling better Trollop! And your poor gym pants! Next time, wash your clothes in cold water and dry them on hangers or a clothing rack to totally avoid shrinkage. You know you can put dry clothes in the dryer to freshen them up and that won't cause them to shrink at all. And use fabric softener too.

11/04/2006 03:45:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Trollop, did you use hot water or used a very high heat setting on the dryer? Excess heat only damages our clothes and is not necessary to clean them. Don't forget to read labels too. :) Hope you're feeling better!

I simply love Grande Nonfat Caramel Machiato. And if I'm feeling indulgent, Chantico. *Sigh* It's like drinking melted chocolate, and probably has more calories than your average meal!!!

11/04/2006 03:55:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Polly, used to be addicted? How do you get OFF it? I don't even know how you can stop going to Starbucks! I've tried, but failed so many times. I agree with Jordis, I swear they stir some crack in the drinks to get you addicted!

11/04/2006 03:58:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Vanessa, stop going to Starbucks? Well, i guess if you can even have that thought, you can still be saved. :P

So, i'm the only one here who doesn't drink coffee? :/ Coffee and me just won't mix, or i'll never fucking sleep. I lub Chantico though, oh my! Tastier than crack, and more socially acceptable. *g*

11/04/2006 04:28:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grande skim toffee nut latte or a 1/2 white, 1/2 dark hot chocolate with skim milk and caramel topping. Heaven....

Trollop, hot water will shrink and fade almost everything. Anyway, hope you're feeling better. :)

Olly

11/04/2006 04:39:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Aggie,
Trust me, Trollop's laundry disasters are not pretty. *cringe* If i'm doing laundry, i'll do better than her, i tell ya!



Olly,
Skim with caramel? :P I guess the skim justifies the caramel. This reminds me of my younger sister. She orders the largest burger meals--i mean REALLY HUGE stuff with fries to boot!--with diet coke LOL. Well, it probably works because, honestly, she's skinnier than me!

11/04/2006 04:49:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/04/2006 05:04:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Harlot,

Tastier than crack, and more socially acceptable? LOL! So true!

There's this time I was on the subway and I saw this guy who I swear I know but couldn't remember. When he smiled at me I realized he works at my Starbucks. Apparently they look different when they're not in Starbucks. Imagine that.

11/04/2006 05:08:00 PM  

Blogger T-girl said...

ROTFLMAO! Sounds like you overstuffed the washer and also used a too hot of setting in the dryer! LOL Next time check for items with anything on them and DAB just a bit of of liquid laundry soap on the stain itself. Actually though if those were the only casualties of the whole fiasco sounds like you did not do to bad. Laundry is an art, you will get it down soon. Maybe you have a freind there (ask a guy, they will understand because until they moved there they also had never done laundry)who can show you how to "use these washers!" LMAO I did that once, asked someone "how do you use these washers, my one at home is different!" Of course laundry at home had, um, never been done... least not by me, but it was not a lie, ours was different! LMAO Besides to be honest, my husband is better at laundry then me, something about being a guy and survival instincts i think! LOL

Hugs and good luck... oh and I am not a Starbucks fan myself. Especially in Europe, they have taken a good cup of Euro coffee there and shat on it imo! Of course I feel that way here too BUT when one needs coffee and needs it now they are dependable! LOL

Hugs- T

11/04/2006 05:26:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you start visiting cities 3000km from each other (like Vancouver and Toronto) and you start recognizing baristas that have moved, and they still remember your drink, then you know you are in deeeeeep.

11/04/2006 06:17:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

I think I'm the one in the previous thread who said that I stuff all my laundry in without sorting. It all seems to come out clean - maybe because I use more detergent than it says I should? Most of my clothes are ones I can abuse like that, though. Thank goodness for the GAP and Old Navy.

Mmm... Starbucks. I don't like regular coffee (that is, coffee with no sugar, flavouring or milk of some kind), although I love the way it smells, which is half the reason for going in the store in the first place. I don't do very well on caffeine either, so when I do get coffee I nearly always get decaf. Iced mint mochas are good. Lately, I've been paying roughly $2.50 for what amounts to hot apple juice and caramel. I want to try the maple and pumpkin spice lattes.

Off-topic, but I also wanted to thank you guys for the SEP recommendations. I've read a number of them and am still working through her backlist. My favourite so far is Ain't She Sweet?.

11/04/2006 06:38:00 PM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

Thank the little baby jesus that you ladies are alive!!

I've missed you. MWAH!!

11/04/2006 11:22:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a big Starbucks fan either but at least you got your reading!! Yay.

As for the laundry, good reason to go shopping, no?

11/06/2006 10:48:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't drink coffee, so whenever my friends want to go to Starbucks it turns into a sad experience for me. They will get huge delicious-looking whatevers and I will end up with a Lipton teabag in a paper cup of hot water and one of those tiny little plastic pots of 'cream' that never goes off. And it is still expensive!

11/07/2006 02:28:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Not a Starbucks fan? Seattle's Best is good too. Ok, I need my coffee fix now. LOL

11/07/2006 09:28:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool blog. Glad I found you...

11/08/2006 06:15:00 PM