Sunday, October 15, 2006

The bigger person?

I just saw Grey’s Anatomy’s latest episode, “Who I Am.” WTF? I cannot believe Derek is stepping aside for Finn! Why? Because, unlike Derek, Finn won’t hurt Meredith? Oh please, WHAT A LOAD OF BULLOCKS!

We all know when you fall in love there’s always the possibility of getting hurt because, intended or not, your happiness is now tied in with another person’s actions/choices/happiness. Otherwise, that’s not bloody love at all! So why then should Derek give up, especially when he and Finn stand in equal grounds???

Maybe I’m just not built that way. Faced with this kind of situation, I don’t think I would be able to do the same. You see, when I love someone, I give my all. I’m sure some people might classify that as “reckless,” but that’s who I am: single-minded till the point of recklessness LOL. Of course I want—no, I DEMAND the same thing from my partner. He should either give me his everything or nothing at all. Yes, I’m a demanding bitch as well.

It’s tricky, this... lurve. You get hurt; sometimes, you even get buried alive. But you have to claw your way up to the ground or die trying. Why? Because dammit, it’s fucking worth it. And you have to fight for it. You have to. Like heaven-help-the-fucker-who’ll-stand-in-my-way sort of thing.

Is it wrong to continue holding on to a relationship when you know there’s a big possibility of it blossoming into something that is worth your forever? How many chances would you give when, as Ally McBeal put it, “Whoever said that plenty of fish in the sea thing was lying. Sometimes there’s only one fish”?

I guess I’m fucking selfish. Well, why not? As long as there’s a chance for me to get the happiness I want, I will hold on to it and never let go like a nymphomaniac with her precious 10-inch dildo. I know there’s a point when you should stop, like when you’ve already exhausted every possible way to work things out and it still didn’t work. But when someone loves you too, and you know he is the only person you should be kissing for the rest of your life... and every time you’re with him, you want to laugh and you want to cry... because you feel so fucking lucky that you’ve found it and so scared that it’ll go away all at the same time... shouldn’t you fight for all your worth until your favorite pair of Jimmy Choo’s are all but ruined beyond belief? *sniff* Ask yourself, should/would you step aside for someone else when YOU are equally entitled to have that particularly elusive ecstasy and bliss?

Labels: ,


10 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two people who truly love each other do not have all these extraneous issues. People who love each other don't hurt each other. It's that simple.

I know. I have been with my wife since we were 17. We're 55, two adult daughters, life is great.

Too many people talk about their relationships. Just have one--a good one--a lifelong one.

10/15/2006 01:41:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Re: People who love each other don't hurt each other.

Nicholas, i agree. But there are things we have no control of. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you still hurt someone you love. Still, you forgive, or if you cause your partner pain, you try your damnadest not to do it again. I think that's what relationship is all about. No one's perfect. Sometimes, even the most glorious hubby or wife make mistakes, don't you think?

With that said, welcome. :)

10/15/2006 02:04:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Oh I love GA's last episode! I thought Meredith stoned was so funny! LOL

Anyway, about giving way for someone, as long as the man I love loves me too, there's no way I'm stepping aside. LOL Like they say, all is fair in love and war. :P

10/15/2006 02:08:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Eh. They're just drawing out the angst. This show is just so obvious sometimes it makes me want to throw things at it or stop watching. At least they've more or less stopped with the patient-doctor anvils, er, parallels.

As for stepping aside to what's best for the other person, I think it's all about the context. Derek is stepping aside so he doesn't hurt Meredith again; the problem is that there isn't any real reason for it, except to prevent them from being together and happy (and his still being married; why has no one brought this up? I think it would have made a much better excuse/reason if he said he needed time to end things with Addison and sort out his life a bit). Not to mention that he doesn't know Finn all that well, so how does he know Finn isn't going to hurt Mer?

Angel leaving Buffy, on the other hand, I totally bought. It didn't feel gimmicky or like a ploy to keep them apart just so the writers could bring them together again at sweeps (IWRY notwithstanding ;-); but how much do I love that ep. It gets me every time).

Mer on drugs was very funny; I like her scenes with Christina. I like Addison, and Addison and Bailey, and Addison and Alex. And Burketina, although I wonder what's going to happen with them. George and Izzy were pretty great too this last ep. I think I like Callie better when she's not with George. Don't know yet about McSteamy - what's with the scruffiness (Finn's too)? Channelling House (stupid sports)?

10/15/2006 02:31:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Re: the problem is that there isn't any real reason for it, except to prevent them from being together and happy

Yes, exactly! Thank you. It's unecessary. Seriously! (With Derek being married aside, heh.)

Btw, Callie and McSteamy? I totally get it after what happened with George and she needs a little ego boost or something, still, that's just asking for trouble. :/ Anyway, i can't blame George since Izzie is his best friend in crisis. Meredith was very funny! Addison was fab. And Bailey, love her!

10/15/2006 03:01:00 PM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

Whew--that was VEHEMENT, eh? LOL

I'm right there with ya. However, think of McDreamy's strategy here--he's kinda elusive now and that's just the way Meredith likes 'em, yes?

So now we'll spend a whole season watching her try to win him back.

As to Callie? I say YOU GO, GIRL. Go on with yer bad self and let George know who's in charge of your fate. I think Izzy needing George was just the last straw. it was more about enough already than it was about Izzie. George seems to need direction and Callie is smart enough to point him in it. LOL

JMHO :)

10/15/2006 09:15:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Talking about Grey's Anatomy..I think the writers are running out of ideas. It's going to be just one of those shoes where everyone sleeps with everyone else. We are like Pavlov's dog, we'll keep tuning in and watching anyway.

As for chances to give someone? Well, if the fuck can't make up his mind after three tries, then it's off with your head...I truly don't care if it's up or below.

It's a subjective question with a very subjective preferences. I guess that's begging the question of how long can you withstand the pain of banging your head against a brick wall. what about a brick wall with 2 inch nails?

Musical beds seems to be the new theme of Grey's. And Woof, woof. I will keep on watching.

10/16/2006 02:07:00 AM  

Blogger T-girl said...

I wanted to kick Finn in the bollocks! He was such a sore loser, fine yes you lost but have some fucking class! He is cute but not hot like the rest of them so good ridance I say!

OH and McAsshole! I use to want him with the burning fires of hell now, he can go rot! He was so ugly to me this episode maybe it was just his attitude, I don't know. But I would gladly give him his coffee, I would even be kind enough to give him a shower and maybe a bit of an enama also. What can I say I am just kind like that!

10/16/2006 02:19:00 AM  

Blogger T-girl said...

Shoshana- Pavlov's dog? LMAO Where is that food bowl agian? LOL

10/16/2006 02:21:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered how they were going to drag this out longer...God forbid Mer is ina happy relationship with someone, plot line would be shot down.
And can I just say that I am done with Izzy and her problems? She knew the guy for about 10 minutes. and mostly in a hospital bed. I think she could use a good therapist. She has clearly shown herself to have major problems.
I also agree that George is great and so is Callie, but she needs a grown up. A big dirty grown up! LOL. So to answer the question, hell no you shouldn't step aside to let your love have the boring "better man" or woman, I say fight for it!
And like the other dogs, I'll keep watching, too *smile*

10/17/2006 01:22:00 PM