Sunday, November 5, 2006

U2 by U2

Guys, we received this email (sans a free book *fuckers*) and since I adore U2 and Bono, *double sigh* I thought it’d be nice to share; it also looks quite interesting and has tons of yummy pictures. *triple sigh*


My name is [pretty name] and I work with [agency], a digital marketing agency in NYC. I have something a little new on my hands. Wiredset is continuing to expand its client base (we usually work with music artists) and now we’re tapping into the book world with U2’s latest book, U2 By U2.

This is no ordinary book “this is the story of U2, in their own words and pictures.” The book contains their history told in their own words, plus rare photographs, lyrics, and memorabilia—giving a view into the inner life of U2.

I HAVE READ A LOT OF RUBBISH ABOUT U2. SOMETIMES WHEN I SEE US DESCRIBED IN SOME MYTHIC SENSE OR CALLED CORPORATE MASTERS OF OUR OWN DESTINY, I HAVE TO LAUGH OUT LOUD. BEING IN U2 IS MORE LIKE RIDING A RUNAWAY TRAIN, HANGING ON TO IT FOR DEAR LIFE. -Larry Mullen Jr.

The book tells the story of them going from playing clubs in Dublin to the stadiums of the world, selling over 130 million albums, being the U2 that you know today.


Labels: ,


5 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

U2 is fab. More fab if they send us that free book LOL.

11/05/2006 06:27:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it weren't for the money they borrowed from their folks (plus the talent of course), they wouldn't be where they are today. probably they'd still be playing at pubs in Ireland.

U2 rocks.

11/05/2006 10:53:00 AM  

Blogger Tisty said...

some of the most interesting times of my youth happened to U2. Before they went uber crap they always gave me goose bumps.

Bono's voice and sizable yet sexy ego.... *sigh* yes please!

11/05/2006 03:24:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

U2 is one of the best (if not the best) rockband in the world. It's amazing that they're still together after 30 years when most bands can't even last a year.

11/07/2006 08:58:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Love the video! Like Polly, I can't read the quotes, but that doesn't matter because the pics made up for it. LOL Bono... *sigh*

11/07/2006 09:26:00 AM