Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Something dads will enjoy

You know I just realized our last 5 posts are related to Harry Potter in some way or another. I swear I didn’t mean to!

Anyway, one of our lovely readers, Allyson, emailed us:


Hi Harlot and Trollop! You girls rock! I love all your posts about sex and relationships and your book recommendations. I was wondering if you could give me a list of books dads enjoy sharing with their kids as well as reading for themselves. I’m looking for books to give my husband this Father’s Day. Thanks!


I told Allyson that I think she should get a new uber sexy lingerie that will make her darling hubby pant and drool, wear it, bring out her massage oils—and then slide, glide and stroke. ;)

What? I really think that’s a good gift! And... well, um... Alright, I have no clue what books to recommend her. :/ I honestly don’t know what books men/dads will like. I told Allyson I’ll ask you guys. So, any recommendations?


Related:

Labels:


16 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In addition to Harlot's good suggestion ;-) my husband loves Ken Follett's books. The Pillars of the Earth is one of his favorites.

Another book that comes to mind, Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose. I read it after watching the series made by HBO, which me and mine both enjoyed. Ambrose did such a fantastic job of telling his war story that it left me awestruck.

6/12/2007 05:41:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boys love "The Dangerous Book for Boys" by Conn and Hal Iggulden. It's such a fun, whimsical book, a guide for dads and sons. I really, REALLY recommend this book.

6/12/2007 07:07:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Yikes, my husband is not a big reader. What about John Grisham? Some of my guy friends love this author.

6/12/2007 07:10:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

I love the lingerie and massage suggestion!

Now, recommendations. I'm not certain what books a father and son will enjoy reading together but for books men will like, I think it all depends. Does he like adventure stories or something about a spy? Maybe you can get James Bonds novels. What about good mystery? I can only think of Dan Brown. lol

6/12/2007 07:34:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

I remember giving my dad that leather bound Lord of the Rings set the other year. It's that 50th anniversary edition they had and my dad really loved it because he's a big fan of Tolkien. (I find that men are usually big fans of Tolkien.) I think it's hard to get guys some books. I simply don't know what kind of books they will like.

6/12/2007 08:00:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

What about Tom Clancy? Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears...

6/12/2007 08:12:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Allyson, if you become too confused with which book to pick, I second Harlot's suggestions: lingerie plus massage oil, "slide, glide and stroke"! LOL! ;)

6/12/2007 08:15:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Harry Potter books are good to share with kids :) But if you already have them, I second this recommendation: "The Dangerous Book for Boys" by Conn and Hal Iggulden

I got a copy for my 11-year-old nephew and he really loved it. So I ordered two more books for my other nephews. Now even their 17-year-old cousin loves it!

I hope they would make something for the girls next.

6/12/2007 09:05:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanessa, there is one for girls but it hasn't been released yet - The Daring Book for Girls by Andrea Buchanan.

6/13/2007 12:28:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of Dads and boys love science fiction or space stories ... Dr Who, Star Trek, etc.

6/13/2007 01:05:00 AM  

Blogger ggggxyz said...

My Boyfriend really enjoyed the "Eragon" and the "Bartimaeus" Trilogies ( by Christopher Paolini and Jonathan Stroud.

And I have read the books about the "Children of the Lamp" by P.B. Kerr - also awesome for kids and entertaining for grown-ups!

6/13/2007 02:34:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I cannot imagine you going wrong with the "slide, glide and stroke" suggestion.

My husband loved Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth. He also likes War stories - two authors inparticular Tom Clancy and Clive Cussler. In Malta the most popular book lately has been The Sword and The Scimitar - its a historical novel based around Malta's Siege of 1565. The same with The Religion which is also very good.

If he likes crime - Richard Montanari is an excellent author.

It depends on the genres he likes really. A very good lawyer book i read was James Sheehan's The Mayor of Lexington Avenue, and also Michael Connelly's The Lincoln Lawyer.

Oh I forgot, my husband loves C J Samson's Matthew Shardlake series based in London in Cromwell's time.

6/13/2007 08:25:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you ladies. I should have mentioned the age of our kids my bad, but I really appreciate all your suggestions. I mostly read romance and I am sure the husband would not like those. So Eragon, The Dangerous Book For Boys, Band of Brothers, Pillars of the Earth. Got it. Harlot, thanks for this and the links you sent. I'm thinking of getting the black lingerie and the camisole lol I think my husband would love it. Thanks! (hugs)

6/13/2007 10:35:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Ally, i'm glad. :) And you're welcome. I like that camisole too! Let me know what happens. ;)

Thanks you guys!

6/13/2007 12:58:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

I didn't know that. Thanks Tinkerbell!

6/13/2007 02:56:00 PM  

Blogger Liquid said...

Was just surfing the net and found your blog. Very interesting!

6/14/2007 12:38:00 PM