Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Damn, that's gotta hurt!



Some of these are pretty funny (might be just to me though, seeing as I’m a twisted bitch and all LOL), but jayysus, the “couple” ones around the middle had me cringing. *OUCH*

Labels: ,


16 comment(s):

Blogger Polly King said...

Every winter Olympics, figure skating is one of the sports I look forward to. I don't understand how they judge the whole thing but I'm usually at awe with the stunts figure skaters are capable of.

3/13/2007 09:51:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm not into figure skating. I can't skate and there are no cute athletes to ogle, lol.

3/13/2007 10:12:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Vanessa, that's true, LOL.

I think most of the men are gay.

3/13/2007 10:25:00 PM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

How utterly pathetic is it that I know evry bloody skaters name in that vid? LOLLOL

Actually, the couple all in black (blonde girl, dak-haired guy)had a far worse fall that you saw. She took a blade to the head and had to have like brain surgery--that was vid of the AFTERMATH and her trying to get the guts up to do the triple again.

OY and OY LOL

Dakota :)

3/13/2007 10:41:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

The only time I ever really got into skating was watching Sale and Pelletier (gotta root for the Canucks :D ).

I think it's amazing what they can do; I can't imagine being anywhere near that athletic. Some of these falls look as bad as some of the wipe outs I've seen on a horse.

3/14/2007 12:57:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Dakota lol. Have you girls seen Cutting Edge? It's that movie with DB Sweeny and the mom from One Tree Hill (I can't remember her name). It's about two figure skaters who fell in love with each other, cute/funny movie.

3/14/2007 12:58:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

Moira Kelly (how do I remember these things?). "Toe pick!" LOL. It's a great movie, though I don't know how accurate the skating part it.

3/14/2007 01:56:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Cutting Edge. I thought it was so good. I wanted DB to just be a little bit better looking though..

3/14/2007 04:43:00 AM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

Oh, Lorelei, I have! Loved that. He was an ex-hockey player, right?

And yeah, Dance--toe pick! LMAO

DC :)

3/14/2007 12:17:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Gads, those falls are really bad. Just slipping and falling down on your butt already hurts a lot...

3/14/2007 08:13:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Lorelei, I loved that movie! Toe pick! LOL

Dance, I hope you don't mind me asking, after watching the video I just thought, have you fallen off a horse?

3/14/2007 08:16:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

I loved Cutting Edge too. Toe pick! Good chemistry between DB Sweeney and Moira Kelly in that movie.

3/14/2007 08:24:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Dance, I hope you don't mind me asking, after watching the video I just thought, have you fallen off a horse?

More times than I can count. :) There was a time when I was really young (I started riding when I was like 5 or 6) that I thought it was normal to fall off practically every day... Turns out it's not.

There's a saying that goes one's not a real rider until one has fallen off 100 times; I guess I took it a little too literally ;) . ::knocking on wood:: Aside from scrapes and bruises and one mild concussion, I haven't been injured too badly.

3/14/2007 08:42:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Yikes, Dance. The few times I've seen someone fall off a horse (usually on tv, LOL) they look really bad. Thanks for the reply, I was just curious :p and it's good to know you haven't obtained any bad injuries :)

3/14/2007 09:06:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Dance, Moira Kelly! Yes, toe pick! lol! Dakota, yes he's an ex-hockey player. I loved their little fights, or should I say foreplay? ;)

3/14/2007 11:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, some of those had to hurt! I don't watch skating but one time I was flipping channels and heard a song I liked and it was a couple skating so I watched for a second and the guy lifted to his leg and was too close to his partner and the blade cut her from elbow to wrist.

3/21/2007 08:12:00 PM