Friday, April 6, 2007

What are you thankful for?

Hi guys. Today is Good Friday; not really sure what that meant so looked it up in Wikipedia (and yes I am a Catholic, or at least I’m supposed to be one? *confused*).


Good Friday is the Friday before Easter or Pascha. It commemorates the crucifixion and death of Jesus at Cavalry. It’s a Holy Day observed by most Christian religions. Special prayer services are often held on this day with readings from the Gospel giving accounts of the events leading up to the crucifixion.


I am going through a very difficult emotional moment in my life right now. I couldn’t begin to explain it because I don’t know how. Yesterday evening I told Harlot I was amazed it was Thursday; I don’t know where my week went. My days since last Friday have been blurred by a pain so strong, at times, I’ve felt physically ill. I don’t know how to fix this emptiness I feel inside. :( I am thinking of starting a blog to record my thoughts, maybe writing about it will help me heal, and might help others who are going through the same thing.

Anyway, I want to start today by being thankful for all the things that are OK in my life. I need to work on my thesis diagnosis, which is due on Monday, and I have to hang on to the positive things so that I can be sane enough and finish. I thought I’d start and maybe all of you (yes, even you lurkers!) could tell me what you are thankful for today.

I am thankful for:
  • Eka, Luci, my brother and *Harlot* without whose help I don’t think I could’ve made it in one piece to today (how Academy Awards of me!)
  • the internet
  • my parents who keep me grounded and who’d fly across the world for me at the drop of a hat
  • everyone that has emailed, called, msged or contacted me with kind words of support
  • Spain, because being away has been a blessing after all.
*You?*

Labels: , ,


26 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

- My dad, mom and three smart asses siblings
- Trollop, not totally poisoning Erika
- Internet
- My Raoul and Gerard Butler
- Vanilla ice cream with Nutella
- All the wonders of microwave oven

4/06/2007 06:54:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Trollop, I'm so glad to see you here. Hope you feel better soon. Take care hugs.

I'm thankful for:
- my family
- fast internet connection
- books
- chocolates
- you tube

4/06/2007 09:51:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Trollop, I'm so sorry you're going through some difficult time right now. :( Whatever it is, I hope you'll get through this wiser and happier and that everything will work out for the best.

Right now, I'm thankful for my laptop, lip gloss, bread and coffee. Hope everyone will have a good Easter.

4/06/2007 09:57:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

- I am very thankful that Trollop seems to be feeling just a tad better today. Feeling her so sad has been very sad. Want to see you smiling again!!!
- I am thankful my family own a Hospital and that my father is a kick-ass doctor (albeit an awful father), and he found my naughty cyst in my lower pelvis that I am having removed on Monday (this is very much in keeping with the sad spirit of Good Friday)
- I am thankful that good things come from ugly ones and that this my little episode has brought me and my husband closer.
- I am very thankful for books cause they help me though the difficult times.
- I am very thankful my father works so hard cause he is in a position to help me see my bookstore get off the ground.

Lots of hugs Trollop (and to you too Harlot of course)

4/06/2007 10:23:00 AM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Lots of things to be thankful for...
husband
kids
mother
sibblings
books,
paint
handyman--but only because he made my backyard so pretti, I want to move in there

Trollops...been thinking about you and wishing you lots of hope and white light and healing.

4/06/2007 11:43:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I'm thankful for:
fiance
my parents
job
car

I'm glad you're feeling better Trollop. I hope you get through this eventually and soon.

4/06/2007 12:37:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trollop, I'm sorry you're in this situation. Remember, this, too, shall pass.

I'm thankful for a lot of things but right now, it's mainly that I can see and read. I'm thankful for books, for my parents that have always been there for me, for my friends and for my good health.

Olly

4/06/2007 12:43:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Just 104 days before Deathly Hallows! I'm thankful about that!

Trollop, I'm glad to see you're here. Been thinking about you. I'm sending you lots of white light. Hugs!

4/06/2007 04:47:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

I'm always thankful about my family and that all of them are in good health. Other things I'm thankful for:

internet
music
sushi
good makeup

Take care Trollop. I hope you feel much better soon.

4/06/2007 04:52:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Harlot, now that you mention it, I'm also thankful for Gerard Butler. LOL

4/06/2007 04:53:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

- I'm thankful for my mom and dad, if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't even be here.

- I'm thankful for my education, and for my new job.

- I'm thankful for my boyfriend, who has shown me it's okay to fall in love again.

- I'm thankful for my car or I wouldn't have the luxury of coming and going anywhere I want.

4/06/2007 05:00:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Trollop, I pray that you'll be out of this difficult time soon. I'm glad that you have people that are there to help you during this troubled time. If it feels like it's too much already, I'm not the most religious person but, as my mom always says, just pray. You'll be surprised how helpful it could be. :) Take care, hugs!

4/06/2007 05:04:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really does help blogging your feelings. I've been doing it since Christmas, and although it looks like a huge pity party sometimes, it's very therapeutic for me, both to put words to my feelings and to read them again afterwards.

Anyway...I am thankful for

- that the doctors caught my mother's cancer early enough to give her good chances of survival.
- that I have the bravest mom and the most wonderful dad in the world
- all the books that have taken me away from my life for a while and the ones that will do so in the future
- my laptop, my website and my blog
- my friends, who can always make me laugh
- meeting my current crush
- my roommates' movie collections
- my mp3-player, which amuses me on bus rides and lulls me to sleep on nights when I'm having trouble sleeping
- my Photoshop program, where I can pour emotion into the pictures I make

4/06/2007 05:38:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I'm thankful for parents, my husband, my kids, my job, my apartment.

I'm thankful for my sight. So many people are blind and can't see the beauty of the world around them. I'm thankful that I can watch my children grow up.

I'm thankful for food, for internet, for water, my friends, for this wonderful blog.

4/06/2007 06:32:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Trollop, I'm thankful that you're getting better. Don't forget, we are never tested beyond what we can bear or resist and God always provides the way out to escape. Sending you lots of positive thoughts.

4/06/2007 06:34:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

1) family
2) internet
3) Harry Potter
4) my health
5) Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, CSI - geeks rule!
6) good friends, near and far
7) Amazon.com

4/06/2007 06:38:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Trollop, sending you more positive thoughts and big hugs. It's amazing how how you and Harlot remain close when you're far away from each other, how great your friendship is. Friends are always important ... I already lost communication with my friends in hs but what can you do when we're all busy. Anywho, take care.

4/06/2007 07:06:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

-My family (especially my sisters)
-My laptop
-Books
-Jon Erik Hexum and Sonny Bill Williams
-End of Lent (CHOCOLATE YAY!)
-My health
-My Grandmother and all the food she insists on feeding me

and more..

4/06/2007 09:17:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope everything gets even better Trollop.

4/06/2007 09:36:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

This is a good idea Trollop. Ok, I'm thankful for:
-my family, who will always accept/love me no matter what
-my crazy best friend who makes me happy
-my laptop and internet, i'll be crazy without those
-food, especially pizza
-DVD player
-this blog

Still sending you positive thoughts Trollop!

4/07/2007 03:05:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care Trollop. I hope everything gets better.

I'm thankful for my parents, friends, food, walmart, movies, music, books.

4/07/2007 05:47:00 AM  

Blogger Menchie said...

Trollop,
Good luck on your thesis diagnosis, sending you positive thoughts so you can focus and get that over and done with (the thesis thing, i mean).

I am thankful for:
-- my hubby for not throttling me for being Gerard Butler crazy

-- my kids because I am not the greatest mom in the world and they still love me to death

-- my family
-- everything else is just icing on the cake. :D

I really really hope you feel better soon.

4/07/2007 08:50:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trollop, sending you lots of white light.

I'm thankful for:
- my beautiful, healthy hubby and kids
- our own house
- my mom, who's always been my anchor.

4/07/2007 10:40:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

Trollop, I'm thinking about you every day and I'm sending you more white light.

Sometimes it feels like I usually don't get the things I want or things don't happen as I want them to. But if I stop and actually count my blessings instead of my loses, I'm overwhelmed at how blessed I've been.

I thank God everyday for:
- my family, that we are happy and that each of them are in good health

- my best friends who are away but will always be there for me no matter what

- (like Ladybug) my sight; I can't imagine not being able to see the beauty around me, watch movies etc, see the faces of people I love.

4/07/2007 11:21:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that it seems you're getting better Trollop. Sending you more white light.

I'm thankful for my boyfriend, my parents, my friends, the internet and chocolates.

Happy Easter!

4/07/2007 05:44:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm thankful for:
daughter
bf
job
internet/laptop
chocolate easter eggs
french fries
coke light
lipstick

Trollop, good luck with your thesis diagnosis. Sending you more hugs and white light!

4/07/2007 06:48:00 PM