Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Say hello to holy Harlot

It may not be obvious with all the sex talk and stuff, but since it’s Holy Week, what the hell, I might as well confess: All the way from kindergarten to college, I was a product of Catholic schools. *blush* Uh-mm. Imagine, I’m 25 and I’ve only had the last 2 years of my life without those priests and nuns—and I’m not even Catholic!!!

I may not know everything about the Bible, but I bet I know more Biblical stories than half of our dear TBB readers. :P (I used to have Bible studies every week since I was 5, until I went to Engineering school where Saturday classes were a pain in the ass required.) Well, at least I know more than Trollop who thinks Moses built The Ark to cross the Red Sea. :/ (She’s a heathen, forgive her.)

Now, I’m the first to admit I’m not a good Christian. Far from it, really. I’m terribly selfish, I have too many heathenish ways, I fuck proudly, I’m too hot-blooded to be chaste, and if Trollop asked me to be her lesbian cherry pie, I wouldn’t even hesitate (though I’m too boy-crazy to be gay :S). Still, during Semana Santa, I can’t help but feel guilty that I stopped going to church... that I don’t pray anymore... This time though, with all that’s been happening lately, I feel it with this overwhelming sense of shame.

For the last few days, I find myself praying. Not for myself but for those whom I love. I wonder, does it count when you’re only praying because things aren’t going the way you want them to?

Anyway, I’m making this post as a delurking thread. Whether you’ve been commenting to our every post or have yet to say hi (*cough* lazy *cough*), c’mon, my darlings, don’t be shy. You can say I’m uber pritti and bestest over Trollop! :D Maybe tell us where you’re from, or what you’re reading/watching right now. Any juicy/naughty gossips? What are your plans for this week/month or this Easter? Have you seen that HUGE Easter chocolate egg?!? Honestly, just say hello, dammit!








Labels: , ,


61 comment(s):

Blogger Polly King said...

Ok, I'm first. I just want to say that I hope all goes well for our Book Bitches. Harlot, "For My Babe" is a very touching post. Take care dear gorgeous Trollop. ((hugs))

Now I'm reading Lisa Kleypas' Sugar Daddy and I'm loving it so far. The last movie I saw was 300 and I loved that one I'm planning to buy the DVD.

Regarding Easter, I'm looking forward to the easter chocolate eggs! LOL

4/04/2007 06:55:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

"Moses built The Ark to cross the Red Sea" -- is that like fanfic?

Oh, hello, special hell.

Yeah, I'm not a very good Christian either, though I also went to Catholic school; I'm not sure how much of it stuck.

I'm behind on my read - heavy school work load at the moment - and Supernatural is on hiatus until April 19th. Sigh. Although maybe it's a good thing, what with school and all.

How are you liking Robin McKinley, Harlot?

P.S. Hugs, Trollop. Hope you feel better soon.

4/04/2007 07:08:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going on Vacation. There will be sex, and I'm not Catholic. *chuckles* Lesbian cherry pie... are there other flavors??

-Kai

4/04/2007 07:17:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Polly,
I'm getting 300's DVD as well and i want to read that LK! Let us know if it's good. Seeing this is Kleypas' first contemporary, was wondering if it's good as her historicals.


Dance,
That reminds me of Mal! Well your name reminds me of Kaylee anyway. :P Good luck with school stuff.

Oh i've yet to read the others but i loved BEAUTY. Thanks again for the books. I'll have a post about it next week. After TWILIGHT and this, it's time i post about why people should read YA, dontcha think? Of course we need you as i believe you know about YA more than anyone here. :P


Kai,
Hullo, and welcome. I think it can't be called a proper vacation if there's no sex. :P About the other flavors, well, that's between me and my Trollop. ;)

4/04/2007 07:30:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

LOL, Harlot. Or should we call you Holy Harlot now?

Like Dance, I haven't been reading anything lately. I'm helping my sister with her wedding. I never thought planning a wedding could be this complicated!

I'm not Catholic, neither am I a good Christian, but I'm looking forward to Easter. There's something about this holiday that exudes joy.

Trollop, I hope you'll be fine soon. Take care. Sending you big hugs and more white light.

4/04/2007 07:41:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Speaking of 300, I got that book 300: The Art Of The Film. If you loved the movie, this is a good companion. Everything is in there, from the story boards to how they translated the comic onto film. No naked Gerard Butler photos though. LOL

4/04/2007 07:47:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, I don't know what's going on with Trollop, but for what it's worth, I'm sending positive thoughts her way.

When my oldest kids started school, I decided I needed help raising all these demon spawn, and all 4 of them went through the Catholic school system. My oldest daughter is even in a Catholic college. My oldest son is at a Lutheran college which is pretty close.

Me? I went through public schools but was forced to go to CCD on Saturday mornings and Mass on Sunday mornings. I always felt cartoon challenged because of that.

4/04/2007 08:09:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I admit I lurk ... been reading you since November and have read all the archives.

Love the boy candy. Don't read much romance, more of a mystery fan. My stepmother introduced me to the Outlander series - good April Fool's questions.

Good Friday is my birthday and I am old. Much, much older than all of you! (Both of you combined).

Pray when you want, how you want. Whoever/whatever is out there is listening and protecting.

gigi

4/04/2007 08:44:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, I hope Trollop feel better soon. I'm sending lots of happy thoughts her way.

I agree about the Outlander questions for April Fool's. I loved them. Been lurking since January.

I'm reading Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the Cookin. I love everything about this woman.
I'm currently living in California and I once auditioned in American Idol... no, it wasn't shown on tv, not good enough but very memorable because I met Simon.

Lisa

4/04/2007 09:11:00 PM  

Blogger knife wielding bitch said...

Ok Harlot, you're really good at getting us lurkers out in the open! lol Anyways, I was born and raised a Catholic, went to Catholic school, even to an exclusive Catholic school for girls and guess what, I am not a good Christian either I am too stubborn to be one!

I just finished reading The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks, *sigh* very romantic.

I have no plans for the Easter weekend yet, probably do some reading or hang out with friends.

Danielle, I think it's all the chocolate bunnies and candies during Easter that gives you the excitement. LOL

The last movie I saw was 300, loved it too! Planning to watch Perfect Strangers coming out on the 13th.

Hope all is well with Trollop. Btw, Harlot you are pretty, of course, we, people from the land of the exotique are born that way! LOL

4/05/2007 12:20:00 AM  

Blogger KimmyGoat said...

Sending positive thoughts to both of you. I thank you both for keeping my days light!

Currently reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.

Happy Easter to All!!

4/05/2007 12:24:00 AM  

Blogger Aradia said...

Hi Harlot (& every one else),
Your last post had me really worried about Trollop. Hope she is better.
I'm not Christian but I believe in the power of positive thinking. Lots of good energy for you guys!
I don’t celebrate Easter, but we had a holiday last week celebrating the spring. As I love chocolate then eggs, bunnies, even Hershey Kisses and any occasion to eat them are highly appreciated!
Last movie I saw was “Music and Lyrics” and loved Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore in it. Oh, and the gorgeous clothes!
I’m a fast reader. This week I finished the last two books of “The Mediator” series by Meg Cabot. “Size 14 is not Fat Either” again by her. Have started “Persuasion” and am reading “Touch the Dark” by Karen Chance. The last book is a really good paranormal adventure romance. I strongly recommend it.
Good wishes for you all!

4/05/2007 03:18:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

That's a big Easter egg!

I love this blog, I love the two BBs, and I love Jamie Fraser even if Outlander is the most hated book here. LOL

Take care Trollop.

4/05/2007 04:30:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
Dont know if I'm considered a lurker or not since I pop in every now and then, oh well...

I'm Catholic... Gave up chocolate for Lent and I'm in pain! Easter morning I'm having Nutella for breakfast!

I just finished reading Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It was pretty good. I like her books even though I dont get really attached to her characters (excpet Ash *sigh*).
Im just about to start reading some Jude Deveraux (can't remember the name).
My thoughts are with Trollop... Hope everyone has a great Easter!


Gabrielle

4/05/2007 04:31:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last post got me really worried. I hope everything works out for you two. Take care Trollop. I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts.

I'm not Catholic but I was once in a Catholic school. I have always been a big fan of chocolates and gorgeous men. Thanks to this blog, I'm now addicted to nutella and eye candy lol.

4/05/2007 04:55:00 AM  

Blogger Jo said...

I went to a catholic grade school and they pushed too hard.... I'm not religious at all anymore.... I'm currently reading Dakota Cassidy books because I love her (for more than just her books too) and i'm recommending Pan's Labyrinth for movies, and i'm listening to french online radio (www.frequence3.fr), and this week I will be dealing with police, lawyers, and court because I was assaulted last month.... I'm also catching up on my college work... which is pain.... trollop... lets be miserable together.... its bound to get brighter right?

4/05/2007 05:06:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Harlot and everyone else. This is my first comment here. I've been lurking since February and have read all the archives. What an amazing blog this is run by two wonderful bitches. Thank you for recommending The Bronze Horseman. I just want to say I'm sending positive thoughts along Trollop's way. I hope all will be fine soon.

4/05/2007 05:10:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Harlot, greetings from Singapore. Nice work on the blog. I don't read romance, mostly just my textbooks and mystery novels. To Trollop, take care.

Hao

4/05/2007 05:33:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Harlot! I'm sorry for lurking but I always visit and I've read almost all of your posts. (There are still some articles in the archives that I've yet to read).

Trollop, whatever it is you're going through, hang in there. This too shall pass. Sending you lots of happy thoughts. Take care!

4/05/2007 06:33:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

Sadly I'm not a good Christian either but praying always helps. Sometimes we forget God but I believe He never forgets us. He turns His back on us. Take care Trollop.

I'm reading Gaelen Foley's latest, As Her Desire. I'll read Persuasion next for BBC.

No plans yet for Easter but that big easter egg looks good!

4/05/2007 07:25:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Kate, 27, from Canada. I have two kids, both of whom are my pride and joy.

I love this blog and I hope all will be be better soon for the book bitches. (hugs)

My favorite authors: JK Rowling, Janet Evanovich and Marian Keyes.

4/05/2007 08:23:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll delurk as well to say hello to the Book Bitches. You both are always a fun read and a good diversion ;-)

Harlot, I don't know what's going on with Trollop but I hope she'll be fine soon. Take care you two.

4/05/2007 08:48:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi harlot. lesbian cherry pie? i'd like to see that.

carlos

4/05/2007 09:02:00 AM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I have to admit these last two posts make me worry. Whatever it is that's going on with the book bitches, I hope everything will be fine. Sending lots of white light for Trollop.

I just saw TMNT with the kids and I think if you're not a fan you won't appreciate it.

I'm reading Jo Beverley's Devilish. Hope everyone has a good Easter!

4/05/2007 09:52:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Roy an admirer from afar. Trollop, hope everything works out okay. Harlot, you are hermosa. ;-)

4/05/2007 10:03:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Harlot. I'm Catholic but I've been living in sin with my bf for four years.

Hugs, Trollop. Hope you feel better soon. Happy Easter!

Sandra from London

4/05/2007 10:12:00 AM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Harlot, your last post got me worried. Hugs, Trollop. Whatever it is that is happening, remember sometimes life seems unbearable but it is true that we are never tested beyond what we can bear even if at times it seems as if we are. Take care.

4/05/2007 10:26:00 AM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

BTW ladies I'm reading Nalini Singh's Slave To Temptation. Totally loving this book!

4/05/2007 10:28:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you got my email Trollop *hugs*
Hi Harlot!

I've been reading BLAME IT ON PARIS, by Laura Florand. Light, humorous, intelligent, very witty.

I'm getting my 2 doz eggs to color on Sat, as well as all the other Easter dinner fixings.

I'm Christian but rarely go to church. And Easter is the most crowded day of the year. As it should be, really.....

4/05/2007 11:09:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

"I'm reading Nalini Singh's Slave To Temptation. Totally loving this book!"

Vanessa, I loved that book! She has a new one that came out this March: Visions of Heat. Good stuff too.

4/05/2007 12:16:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I love this blog. It's different and it kicks ass.

I'm reading Charlie All Night by Crusie. No plans for Easter as of the moment. Take care Trollop. *hugs*

4/05/2007 12:30:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will delurk as well. I'm Jenna Lee and I love this site. Harlot, I hope whatever is going on with Trollop, she'll be fine eventually.

I am reading Heat of the Night by Emma Holly.

4/05/2007 12:58:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Harlot. Sending white light along Trollop's way.

It seems so odd that we're celebrating Passover and then Easter this Sunday. I think I might even go to church this Sunday.

Per your recommendation, currently reading Tea Rose by Donnelly.

4/05/2007 01:56:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Take care Trollop, sending you a big hug right now. Thinking of you.

4/05/2007 01:59:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I just comment and it didn't show up!

4/05/2007 02:01:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's try this again.

I'm Lindsey, an occasional lurker from San Diego. I think you two are some of the lovelies bloggers I've ever encountered. This blog and all its articles are wonderful. You always bring me a smile or a laugh.

Trollop, lots of positive thoughts for you. I'll mention you in my prayers. *hugs*

4/05/2007 02:05:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Lol, Harlot.

I love everything about this blog. The color, the chic header, the movable shoutbox, the articles, the eye candy and most of all the two warm, witty, funny, sexy, beautiful Book Bitches.

Trollop, sometimes it feels like the sun will never rise, but eventually it will and the rain will stop. Thinking of you.

4/05/2007 02:08:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Hi! :D I'm Lily, an occasional lurker but I always read the posts and I always log off laughing. Except for the last post. I love that poem. It never fail to amaze me how you two are so close even when you're apart, how great your friendship is. Take care of each other you two.

Feel better soon Trollop. I hope you come though this trial a happier, stronger and a better person. ((hugs))

4/05/2007 02:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if anybody has posted this link yet but I LOVE LOVE LOVE what they have done with the trailer for 300. HOPE THIS IS OK and it works!!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2t58CRmbU&mode=related&search=

4/05/2007 03:35:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

LOL! Thanks Carmen. That's awesome, i loved it. :)

Here, let me help you with the link ;)
IT'S RAINING 300 MEN

I might as well add this:
SPARTAN KING - About 300 and lots of Gerard Butler pics.

4/05/2007 03:57:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

You two are getting me worried! Harlot, your last post is a wonderful piece. Trollop, I pray that whatever it is you're going through right now, everything works out for you. Take care honey, hugs.

Hope everyone has a good Easter!

P.S. I'm reading Phillip's Natural Born Charmer.

4/05/2007 04:26:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

OMG! HAhahaha ... That's funny! I love that 300 raining men video!!

4/05/2007 04:29:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm Lia from Germany. I started lurking last month. I love HP, Marian Keyes, Jane Green, Sophie Kinsella. I love this blog!

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way, Trollop. Take care.

-Lia-

4/05/2007 05:30:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Harlot. Trollop, I'm sending you lots of white light. Hugs.

Happy Easter!

Olly

4/05/2007 06:14:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Harlot. I've been visiting your blog for quite some time now and I love it every time I'm here. You gals are the best.

Trollop, I'm sending you lots of happy thoughts. Hope you get better soon. Big hugs.

I'm currently rereading HP4. I can't wait for Deathly Hallows!

4/05/2007 07:07:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

I'll delurk too! Hi everyone! Trollop, hugs. I'm sorry you're going through a hard time right now. Sending you lots of white light and happy thoughts.

I love this blog. Many of my favorite books have been discussed here and because of you girls, I found great books that are now in my keeper shelf.

I too can't wait for HP7. I'm looking forward to the 5th movie as well!

4/05/2007 07:19:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shouldn't be here reading your blog because I'm supposed to be working!

How are you Trollop? Harlot's last post got me really worried. Hope things work out well for you.

I have no plans yet for Easter but I'm pretty sure I'll be with my family.

Gossip? Mmmm... I heard Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz are getting back together. lol

Take care bitches!

4/05/2007 07:25:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL! Carmen, I love that 300 video!!!

4/05/2007 07:29:00 PM  

Blogger me. said...

fair is fair, I hate when people don't comment on my blog either. I'm a damn good writer I want some credit, lol

thanks for the eye candy, aren't men pretty to look at, hard and soft all at the same time. *sigh*

300, the best movie in a long time, like my husband said, it's about fucking time somebody made a movie about MEN!

4/05/2007 09:56:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker since January. I can't ever think of anything profound enough to write, though I lurve reading and oggling the eye candy. I have gone back and read a lot of the old stuff that I missed before I accidently ran across your site. I seriously appreciate your thoroughness on everything you post. I have learned a lot and it sure makes my evening.

4/05/2007 10:48:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me never lurk... always have too much to say! lol!
It's already Easter here and I'm enjoying a lovely restful break and lots of yummy choc eggs ... now if only I could have a hunk or two with that!!!
Happy Easter BB's & all.

4/06/2007 03:44:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm Ally, 23, studying to be a chef. Right now I'm dying for some Caramel Machiato ...

BBs, you are both amazing. I love reading your posts, they always bring out a laugh.

I loved 300! My eyes almost pop out with all that yummy he-man eyecandy.

Take care you two. BBs YOU ROCK.

Ally

4/06/2007 04:33:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may as well delurk! Hi, I'm Carla, Ally's roommate. She got me hooked on your blog and now you are part of my every day life. I learned a lot from you girls and I so thank you for that. We love you book bitches! (big hugs Trollop)

*Carla*

4/06/2007 04:46:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Harlot. I love your blog. I just want to say I'm sending happy thoughts your way, Trollop. Take care.

Grace

4/06/2007 05:37:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently found this blog and I'm hooked already! I'm living in Australia but I'm from Malaysia. You girls are fabulous! I know there are a lot of coffee drinkers here... There's this girl at work who put some chocolate powder into her coffee, and she keeps telling me how nice it is!

4/06/2007 05:40:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Lanie, chocolate powder with coffee? Are you serious??

I'm Jolie, the Sin of Brad Pitt. Seriously.

I love this blog. I usually visit every morning and before I go to sleep. I love all the posts, they make me laugh. I love all the eye candy, they are good for a girl's soul. ;)

Big hugs, Trollop.

4/06/2007 06:11:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hey Lanie. Chocolate powder into her coffee? Oh yuck. :S

4/06/2007 06:56:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your über pritti and bestest over Trollop, Harlot! ;)

Anywho. I'm from Norway. Currently, I'm reading The best of friends by Cathy Kelly (I love Irish chick-lit...you should read What she wants by CK!) Also reading Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Am also in the middle of a Red Dwarf marathon with my cousin. For those of you that aren't geeks, it's a British comedy show made in the late eighties and early to late-ish nineties. I love it!

No gossip to share, neither juicy nor naughty. Unless you count me having the hugest crush on my taekwon-do instructor who's ten years older than me as juicy gossip. Seriously, if there weren't people around at practice, I would jump that man.

My plans for easter are very boring: I'm at my parents house, where I spend most of my days playing with my computer, talking to my mom and reading. Enjoyable, but not very exciting.

I have not seen the HUGE Easter chocolate egg.

I think that answers all your questions.

And hello, dammit!

4/06/2007 05:27:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Dreamer, Not much to boast of but I earned my green belt in Taekwon do last year! Don't you just love those hunky instructors? Lol

4/06/2007 07:14:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lily, that's great! I just earned my second black stripe (1.GUP.1), and I'm over the moon about it.

And yes, I do love those hunky instructors. Well, just the one right now, but it seems to be a pattern of mine, crushing on the instructors.

4/07/2007 06:06:00 PM  

Blogger treacle said...

hello! I drop by here from time to time. I am currently re-reading The Prodigy by Hesse.

I am spending Easter with my family & then planning 3 events. 1 for work which involves 200 children. 1 film and food night highlighting Invisible Children and their work and 1 fundraising ball for War Child.

Drop by sometime and keep me laughing whilst I work my butt off will ya! x

4/09/2007 01:14:00 PM