Monday, March 19, 2007

Spartan king




Leave it to a Spartan king to set my blood on fire. *sigh* If you have yet to see 300, I suggest you RUN and see it now—you’re missing galore of eye candy, I tell ya! And that’s without saying how FUN-FUCKING-TABULOUS the film is!

I waited for 300 like a nympho waiting for orgasms. So when I was finally in the theatre and it began, I felt a silly giddiness gripped me. Until... I heard the music...

Oh. My. God. It was pounding, pounding, and it lured me into another world that even if I knew it all happened 1500 years ago, it felt completely magical. With David Wenham’s narration, oh lordy, it was PURRRFECT.

My eyes searched the screen: bald baby, bald boy, Spartan here, Spartan there, big wolfie, and then... there he was, my gorgeous hero, *faint!* Gerard Butler dressed only in a leather codpiece!!! Mama mia! (I love Papa Brad but this I gotta say: GB looked better than him and all his pouting in Troy.) When King Leonidas stood naked in the moonlight, his muscled body glistening, powerful, beautiful—utterly delicious!—he was fucking STUNNING. My harloty heart went thump-thump-thumping fast and all I could think was, “Turn around, turn around, for fuck’s sake turn around...”

You can probably tell I’m gushing for this film LOL; I can’t help it! The other 299 scantily-clad Spartans—sweating, wielding their long spears and huge swords (oh my!), slashing, maiming, tearing their enemies apart—are a major bonus. Yes yes, it’s over the top and it’s not historically accurate but I was enthralled. Such magnificent carnage. The colors, graphics and visual effects are superb. It’s like watching Braveheart/Gladiator/The Lord of the Rings roll into one. The film left me awestruck and inspired(?). Hmmm, I don’t know if it’s because of Glorious Gerard (oh, he is glorious *sigh*) or, lust aside heh, it’s really the splendor and sacrifice of the 300 hottie warriors’ cry of freedom. Whatever the case is, I absolutely looooved it.

























































**Did you know GB is going to play Gerry Kennedy in the film adaptation of Cecelia Ahern’s debut novel PS, I Love You? It’s currently in production and slated for release in 2008.


Related:

Labels: ,


30 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I agree with you about 300. I really loved it. I love the pictures too! Thanks Harlot!

3/19/2007 02:03:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I have to say this: I loved, loved, loved 300. I know it's based on a historical event which is the reason why some people didn't like the movie because they say it's not accurate and the movie has distorted facts, but it's not a class anyway. I went to see a good movie and 300 didn't disappoint. Not one bit.

Love the pictures! Gerard Butler is hot!

3/19/2007 02:47:00 PM  

Blogger SarahReznor said...

cant wait to see it! especially now that i know it pissed off the iranians!!! LOL! he's yummy...

3/19/2007 03:20:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Gerard Butler is very easy on the eyes (thanks for the pics ;) ). But 300? I dunno... it seems very violent and gory.

3/19/2007 03:27:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I loved 300 too but I think Gerard Butler looks hotter in Lara Croft. (I'm not into the king's beard in 300, though that naked shot of his is yummy :P)

I think I'll get the DVD when they finally release it. Harlot, thanks for the delicious pics!

3/19/2007 03:46:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Sarah LOL. I've heard about the Iranians. I guess they're mad that the movie shows many of the Persians as disfigured beings. But the thing is, the movie is based on Frank Miller's novel, which shows exactly the same thing. :/

3/19/2007 04:04:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Ok ok Harlot, you won me over with those pics.

Come to mama, you sexy hottie you *roar* LOL

3/19/2007 04:35:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Ale, Gerry is Holly's husband. I don't like Hilary Swank too! Though I think I'd still watch the movie because I loved the book and GB will be there.

GB is really hot! And I love the hot pics BBs! They're big too, LOL.

I haven't seen 300 yet but I can't wait.

3/19/2007 04:57:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

BBs, we should do PS I Love You for BBC. ;)

3/19/2007 04:58:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Added that link for the cast of PS I LOVE YOU. ;) I've yet to read the book really. Have nothing against Hilary Swank LOL, but she's not a fave either. :/ Oh well, GB will make up for everything. *sigh*

3/19/2007 05:08:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

OMG! Thank you thank you thank you for the pics!!!!

P.S. 300 is awesome!

3/19/2007 05:27:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

I think fans of Frank Miller would absolutely love 300, but those who are fanatics of history would find the film lacking. Personally, I think 300 is excellent: visually, good plot, the cast... There wasn't any scene that bored me. My husband and I loved it.

Great pics! Thanks Harlot!

3/19/2007 05:49:00 PM  

Blogger Aradia said...

Would you think I'm a FANATIC historian if I comment negatively on “300”?
I'm going to go ahead and say it anyway!
The movie is inaccurate; Persians were not (and are not!)black! they didn't have elephants, their army was 3000 or 30000 only (not one or 3 million!) and believe me, they knew how to fight and they were not stupid trolls!
The author of that darn comic book got his facts mixed up and movie producer didn't care about truth either! but what do you care!ha? Animation is excellent, it has sexy guys and gory bloody fights! yoo-hoo!!
what a shame! and probably when dear president Bush decides to slaughter Iranians for real, every one would think they deserve it? haa? yeah, I can picture it now, G.W. B stars as King Leonidas!!!
beautiful! just perfect! And you know what? Who cares! Iran is miles away! No feather from our hats! Right???
(so angry right now!)

3/19/2007 08:54:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Drama always trumps accuracy. I only get that worked up over mistakes to do with horses, but that's because it's the only thing I know enough about to notice the inaccuracies.

3/19/2007 09:06:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Aradia, i can see where you're coming from. I'm neither Greek nor Persian but i love history, and though i hardly know everything and i'm faaar from an expert, i know that there aren't really just 300 warriors who faced the Persians in the Battle of Thermopylae.

I think people keep forgetting that this is a film loosely based from historical facts (which is usually the case in Hollywood as Dance so graciously pointed out); it's a retelling of Frank Miller's novel really. Although 300 shows Persians as the enemies here (this is the Spartans' story after all) they're not really shown as bumbling idiots in battle. They emphasize though that the ancient Spartans are better warriors, which forgive me for saying, is true. They did stop the Persians and even ended Persian-Greco war.

I've always LOVED epics, and movies like this makes my blood pump. I find 300 fascinating with really attractive colors and even more attractive men LOL. If that makes me an awfully shameful person, so be it then. I do know it's only a movie, not a history class. I don't think less of Persians because of 300 and surely only an idiot would do that. I want to think i'm not that idiotic yet LOL. And yes, Gerard Butler has always been one of THE most fuckable men in the world for me. I didn't watch 300 for historical facts. I did it to enjoy a good epic movie, and i find it so. And if a film has GB almost naked most of the time, harlot that i am, i'll watch and appreciate his beauty LOL even if it's inaccurate at its worst.

3/20/2007 12:56:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Harlot, thanks for the pics! I think I love you, lol.

3/20/2007 01:31:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Gerard Butler is hot, so is David Wenham (I loved him in LOTR movies). What is it with these soldiers that is so appealing? LOL. Love the pics!

3/20/2007 06:17:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Love the pics Harlot!

I loved 300. The fight scenes are excellent and I think the movie is very engaging. Gerard Butler is very hot!

3/20/2007 07:54:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I read this movie is banned in Iran. I don't know much about history so I can't comment about the movie's accuracy. I did love it though. I guess people like me who watched it without thinking of history, just measuring it by it's visuals and effects, good story and cast, I really enjoyed it. :)

3/20/2007 08:03:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, thanks for the pics! I love them. I'm going to see 300 this weekend!

Olly

3/20/2007 09:35:00 AM  

Blogger Girlie said...

I love the pics Harlot.

I noticed in the movie they didn't mentioned that Sparta usually have two kings. In case one kills himself, they're never kingless.

3/20/2007 11:51:00 AM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Harlot, I'm with you about wanting GB to turn around! I wish he did. I would have loved a frontal view, lol. I love the pics!

3/20/2007 04:29:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Glorious Gerard indeed! I think he looks hot in Lara Croft but in 300, his body is amazing. Love the movie and the pics!

3/21/2007 07:47:00 AM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Harlot, LOL. I loved 300 and I think it's one of Gerard's best movies yet, if not the best. The things I would do to Gerard Butler. Sigh...

Don't you think the captain's son looks a bit like Keanu? Besides the king, I like him and the soldier Stelios.

I love the pics!

3/21/2007 12:29:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The things I would do to Gerard Butler. He is so hot.

My husband and I both loved 300. Great movie! I love the pictures Harlot.

3/21/2007 01:07:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was so much eye candy in 300, I almost went blind!!! Loved it even if the critics didn't.

3/21/2007 10:46:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first saw its trailer here on Book Bitches and I thought it was great. After watching the movie itself, oh my goodness, I think 300 should not be missed by anyone who loves a great movie with the hottest cast!!!

I loved, loved, loved 300. And thanks for the yummy pics! You BBs rock!

3/22/2007 07:25:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Thanks for the pics Harlot! I love them.

There is something about Gerard Butler that reminds me of a young Mel Gibson.

I'm not familiar with history, neither of Frank Miller's work, and there were parts I didn't get to be honest (like the rotting men in the temple with the oracle girl) but I think 300 is awesome. I would recommend this movie to everyone, even just for the fab fight scenes and stunning visual effects. Gerard Butler naked and the, in Harlot's words, galore of eye candy don't have to be considered. ;P

3/22/2007 10:19:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

I'm about a week late for a comment but OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I am obsessed with GB!!!! I've forgotten what Daniel Craig looks like.

He's 37 and single!!!!

3/23/2007 12:51:00 PM  

Blogger Leslie Dicken said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Can never get enough pictures of Gerry Butler. Whew!! From The Phantom to King Leonidas...that man ROCKS MY WORLD!!!!!! :-)

Leslie
www.lesliedicken.com

5/01/2007 11:44:00 AM