Monday, February 12, 2007

Blood, guts, gore and nearly naked men

One of the BEST movie trailers I have EVER seen:




Synopsis: Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, 300 is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in the sand for democracy. The film brings Miller’s (Sin City) acclaimed graphic novel to life by combining live action with virtual backgrounds that capture his distinct vision of this ancient historic tale.



Release Date: Mar 9, 2007
Director: Zack Snyder
Cast: Gerard Butler, Vincent Regan, Lena Headey, David Wenham, Michael Fassbender, Rodrigo Santoro, Andrew Tiernan, Dominic West
Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama, War, Ancient History, Battles
MPAA Rating: R - For graphic battle sequences throughout, some sexuality and nudity.

This is the 2007 movie I’m looking forward to the most. Yep, FERVENTLY awaiting it more than... um, *whispers* HarryPotterandtheOrderofthePhoenix. I know, I know... *hangs head in shame* (Loopy lobalug, this feels like blasphemy. :/) Er, in any case there’s no fucking way I’ll miss 300 as: (a) Spartan-Athenian era/Persian-Greco war is muy fascinating; yes, yes, I’m a history dork *hmph*; (b) the orgasmic sight of nearly naked Gerard Butler and sexy newcomer Michael Fassbender *drool*; (c) well, did you not see the UBER AWESOME beeyootiful trailer???

Anyway, here are some pics from 300:



Goodness, these mighty Spartans look like they’d ravish you all night... Er, *ahem* here’s Gerard Butler as King Leonidas. :P



Xerxes, the Persian king who claims to be a god. At least he used to be; that’s ex-hottie Rodrigo Santoro. Yep.



The Oracle Girl (Kelly Craig) slips into a trance and begins the process of interpreting the will of the gods. I want to think I’m this enthralling whenever I dance like a drunken nympho. :S



Stelios (Michael Fassbender) crouches behind his shield. *sigh* Damn, he’s yummy. I’ll have him with Nutella on the side, please. LOL



Leonidas warns the Persian messenger as Captain (Vincent Regan) and Gorgo (Lena Headey) look on. Hmmm... Am I the only one who imagines Gorgo is a name for a fat, smelly, one-eyed troll? Why, of course it’s not because said troll is fucking caressing Gerard Butler! *grrr*


[Added, 5:10 p.m.]
Editing to add this pic of Michael Fassbender for all of ya who have yet to see his British TV show Hex. ;)


Labels: , , ,


33 comment(s):

Blogger ValVega said...

Errr, wtf?

who, again, is hot in that trailer?

I'd run away from anyone wearing a mask (not into S&M you see :/); not too crazy about bushy beards either.

We have got to get you some help babe!!!

2/12/2007 11:51:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh, yeah, by the looks of it, i think 300 is waaaaay better than SIN CITY. *crossing my fingers* :P

2/12/2007 12:00:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

I've never heard of this movie but I really loved Sin City. It was one of the best movies I've seen in 2005? 2006? When was it released anyway? LOL. Nevertheless thanks for the info Harlot, I think it looks great.

2/12/2007 12:22:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

first off--i'm a lurker who didn't get around to coming out a few weeks back. for shame, i know. please forgive.

my husband almost bought this novel a while back for a mere $5, but opted for something else that we were into at the time. dummy. we're tormented by our poor choice every time we see the preview.

i can't wait. now the dilemma--do i see this with the hubby to take advantage of shared interests OR do i see this with girlfriends to enjoy estimating the size of various packages?

2/12/2007 03:36:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Wow. Methinks I'm going to see this one. I didn't know there's a new Frank Miller movie. Sin City is a kick ass movie and this 300 looks like it might actually be better than the first movie.

2/12/2007 03:57:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

Vanessa, maybe you could see it twice!

2/12/2007 04:04:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I am definitely going to see this movie. Uber awesome trailer is right! I like this kind of movies and the nearly naked men is a big bonus. LOL.

Trollop, have you seen Phantom of the Opera? Gerald Butler plays the Phantom there. :)

2/12/2007 04:14:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Vanessa, I'm with Marg - see it twice ;p

2/12/2007 04:15:00 PM  

Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

I just found your blog, and I really like it. I'll be back.

MJ

2/12/2007 04:23:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hi MJ, welcome!

Vanessa, i agree with Marg, go see it twice. :P Oh, and um, how come you didn't post on our delurking thread? *sniff* (Yep, pouring salt on your wound. *bwahaha*) Seriously, welcome and hope you post often. :)

Oh this reminds me, where are all the lovely lurkers who had delurked after that week? :(

Btw you guys, they're releasing 300 on IMAX. Definitely going to see all that glory in 3D. CANNOT. WAIT.

2/12/2007 04:34:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Trollop, Gerard Butler is HOT. I loved him as the Phantom and as Terry, that guy who romanced Angelina Jolie in Lara Croft 2.

Loved the trailer BBs!

2/12/2007 04:42:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Why does Gerard Butler's jaw look strange when he's speaking in that clip? Or is it just me?

"I'll choose him over Matthew Mcwhateverhis name is any fucking day!"

Surely not Matthew MacFadyen? (aka Mr Darcy)

I don't know if I want to see this movie. It looks very violent; I haven't seen Sin City or V for Vendetta either. Aside from Spidey 3, I don't know what else is coming out this year. POTC 3?

2/12/2007 05:45:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh god no LOL. Matthew Macohnahey (whatever, can't spell his fucking damn name!). Dunno, he's hot really but he doesn't do anything for me.

SIN CITY is better than V FOR VENDETTA (not that VV isn't good too); loved both movies.

As for the upcoming movies, you know after i posted this article this morning, i already decided to make a list of the top 10 2007 movies i'm looking forward to, like what i did with the books. :P Actually already finished that post LOL. Of course POTC3 is there with HP5 and BORNE3. Will post it on Wednesday. :)

2/12/2007 06:00:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh, I'm really looking forward to this movie. I saw the trailer last month when I came across an interview with Gerard Butler and I have been dying of wait ever since. Love the pictures Harlot!

~Cassie~

2/12/2007 06:12:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

I've been browsing through the list of movie trailers on Apple's site and I've come up with Oceans 13 (although 12 wasn't that great, all the pretty aside), Spidey 3... and that's about all I recognize.

I'm not sure I like what they've done to Bridge to Terabithia or Blood and Chocolate.

2/12/2007 06:34:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I'm waiting for those two. :D Didn't like Oceans 12 also. :/ Still, no way i'm missing a movie with Clooney and Pitt *sigh* LOL.

Oh, i've seen the trailer of BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE as i watch a movie once a week. :P Do you like the book? The movie looks bad though.. :/

2/12/2007 06:44:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

I think this movie is too violent for my taste but the cinematography or whatever you call it looks amazing. My husband would love this. And Gerard Butler is hot. LOL!

2/12/2007 06:52:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Haven't read Blood and Chocolate in a very long time and I don't remember it that well, but I recall liking it. The movie looks terrible. I remember Bridge to Terabithia better, and the movie trailer looks nothing like I'd imagined it to be...

2/12/2007 07:02:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Ok, I just looked for BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA in Amazon as i've never heard of it. (Haven't seen the trailer of the movie either.) You really like YA. :P It says the main character is in fifth grade... You know before reading HP1 and i found out Harry was only 11 there, i almost didn't read it. Thank god i did. Anyway, what i'm saying is, now that i'm older (oh god, i'm gonna be 26 soon *sniff*) i prefer reading YA books with a bit older characters. Like Bella and hottie Edward. :D I guess it's the hope that i'll read some lovin' in the future. LOL :P

2/12/2007 07:15:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I love the added photo Harlot! You're right, he's hot. He looks like Jordan Catalano. (I used to have a huge crush on that guy) A Johnny Depp type if you will.

2/12/2007 07:30:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, looks awesome. And who is this Michael? He's hot.

I lurv Gerard Butler. I just love the Scots. It's one of the reasons why I treasure Julie Garwood's classic books and (looks around for the Outlander-hating-BBs) Jamie Fraser as well... lol!

Olly

2/12/2007 08:02:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

I think I'll see this movie. It looks fantastic.

I've yet to read Frank Miller. I saw Sin City though and was very impressed with it.

2/12/2007 09:55:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

My wonderful bf reads Frank Miller and he was the one who told me about this movie. He's very excited I'll tell you that. But this is the first time I've seen the trailer and I think now I understand why he's eagerly awaiting this one. Thanks Harlot. I loved it. :)

2/12/2007 10:52:00 PM  

Blogger Jo said...

yeah the masks and evil looks a little scary for me.... but.... i love muscles.... hmmmmm now i have to wait for my new boy toy (7 years older and a lil more experienced hehe) to come back to my town so I can play with him....

2/13/2007 01:54:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Gerard Butler is freaking hot. Now I can't believe the bald Persian king with all that facial piercing is Rodrigo Santoro. I used to like him as Karl in Love Actually.

2/13/2007 08:48:00 AM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Looks great! And the BF will love this, lol.

2/13/2007 02:51:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Totally waiting for this movie too!!!! I love Michael Fassbender (Azazeal) in Hex. :D

2/13/2007 07:41:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

I'm liking this movie more and more with each successive viewing. And it will be released in IMAX. What is it with these warlords? Very addictive!

2/14/2007 07:28:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was browsing Amazon for some things and saw a new book out about 300. I don't know how to put a link here so here's the title of the book instead "300: The Art of the Film" :)

2/14/2007 10:35:00 PM  

Blogger Natalie said...

Mmmmmm I saw this clip a few months ago on comingsoon.net and have been waiting very very patiently for it's release, but I didn't realise that it was being released on IMAX (just like Superman) that's sooo unfair as we don't have an IMAX in Cape Town :(

2/15/2007 06:26:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Natalie, that sucks. :/ I'm glad we have IMAX really. What a treat, especially for someone like me who just LOVE going to the movies. My week isn't complete without it.

SUPERMAN RETURNS is the first i've seen on IMAX and sometimes i wish they're still showing it there LOL. I really really loved SR. I wish they'd hurry up and make the sequel already!

Cassie, thanks for the info!

2/15/2007 07:42:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

OMG OMG i got tickets for the premiere of 300 so i'm going to see it on Feb 26!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAAY!!!!!

Oh, JOY! *doing my happy loony elf dance here* Jealous, are ya? :P LOL So happy! :D

2/17/2007 09:53:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh Harlot, I'm jealous! Are you going to see it on IMAX? I have to be patient and wait until March. :(

2/18/2007 12:19:00 AM