Thursday, February 1, 2007

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!

I have nothing else to say at the moment....

New York, NY (February 1, 2007). Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, the seventh and final book in the best-selling series, has been scheduled for release at 12:01 a.m. on July 21, 2007, it was announced today by Scholastic, the global children’s publishing, education and media company.

In making the announcement, Lisa Holton, President of Scholastic Children’s Books said, “We are thrilled to announce the publication date of the seventh installment in this remarkable series. We join J.K. Rowling’s millions of readers—young and old, veterans and newcomers—in anticipating what lies ahead.”

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, J.K. Rowling’s sixth Harry Potter book, was released on July 16, 2005, and was the fastest-selling book in history, selling 6.9 million copies in the first 24 hours. All six Harry Potter books, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have been number one bestsellers in the United States, the U.K., and around the world. There are currently over 120 million copies of the Harry Potter books in print in the United States alone.

Scholastic will publish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (ISBN: 0-545-01022-5; Price: $34.99) in hardcover under the Arthur A. Levine imprint with interior and cover art by Mary GrandPré, who has illustrated the previous six books. The deluxe edition (ISBN: 0-545-02937-6; Price: $65.00) and reinforced library edition (ISBN: 0-545-02936-8; Price: $39.99 ) will be published simultaneously.

**You can already pre-order in Amazon though the news was announced just an hour ago. LOL

Labels:


21 comment(s):

Blogger ValVega said...

I'm so happy I'm crying!!!!!!

HURRAH! HURRAH!

Well, now we know which is our BBC for July!

Ok, will go cry and jump around some more....

2/01/2007 03:06:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

YAYAYAYAYAY! HURRAH!!!!

I already pre-ordered this last December. Didn't thought it'll be 34$ though.. Oh who fucking cares! I want my copy!!!

2/01/2007 03:13:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

You know babe, you have to pre-order. Oh well, don't worry. I promise to tell you what happen if you can't get a copy. ;P

2/01/2007 03:14:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Oh wow. Thanks girls for the info!

2/01/2007 03:45:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

YAY! I thought it will be on the 7th too. What's 14 more days of waiting anyway. I am so excited for book 7 but at the same time, I'm also dreading it. It's going to be the last one.

2/01/2007 05:41:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

This is great news! Woohoo! We finally have a date!

What the hell is a deluxe edition? $65???

2/01/2007 06:11:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you seen the new promotional pics of Daniel. he suppose to do a play and he looks well amazing for a 17. i hope the link works

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/gallery/default/album/1851


cj

2/01/2007 08:25:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

This is wonderful news!!! I think I'm going to have to pre-order it too like Harlot. Goodness, now that we finally have a date to look forward to, I'm already feeling the dreadful anticipation. July needs to come quickly!

2/01/2007 10:19:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh wow, CJ, I cannot believe that's Harry! OMG LOL. Have to admit, he is looking goooood...

Sometimes even when i see him growing up each HP movie, i still see him as that little cute boy in HP1. Look at him here. Love that pic. Well, i think i'll post some of that promo pics later. ;) Thanks CJ!

2/01/2007 10:47:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah well ... I'm happy to wait until the fuss all dies down. Wish I had JKR's bank A/C though. lol!

2/01/2007 11:56:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info Trollop. I wonder when will the translated books going to be out.

Olly

2/02/2007 02:45:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Aggie, *GASP* please don't tell me you don't like HP???

2/02/2007 03:44:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your welcome harlot.

i see him as the little boy too, until i saw those pics!!! he sure has grown up. i think that its great that he is venturing out and looking into other things BUT he need to finish the MOVIES first!

2/02/2007 04:48:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I went to Amazon to look for the book and there is Scolastic's HC edition and then there's Scolastic's DELUXE HC edition. Besides the price, what's the difference?

2/03/2007 02:22:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

CJ, LOL. Well, i think it'll be, what? 3-4 more years before we see HP7 on the big screen? :P Must be so unfair for Daniel but some part of me agrees with you. I mean, i feel dirty just looking at those pics! LOL Well not really dirty, but.. it's like looking at half naked pics of my little brother, who happens to be the same age as Daniel.. gah.. :/

2/03/2007 05:17:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh. I have the same question as Izzie. What's the difference between the normal HC and the deluxe edition?

Btw, the UK edition sucks. LOL

2/03/2007 05:19:00 AM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I have the deluxe edition of Half-Blood Prince. As much as I love it, there's no way I'm getting another deluxe edition because it's just a waste of money (in my opinion). Unless you're a serious collector that is. The deluxe edition includes added illustrations and a slipcase.

2/03/2007 07:26:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Thanks Ladybug, I do love those illustrations by Mary GrandPré. So pretty... But, er, as much as i love HP, $65? :/

2/04/2007 07:36:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!!!
I am so happy!!!
July can't come fast enough!!!

Angela

2/04/2007 10:44:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So for the past several week I have listen to and read all 6 Harry Potter books, in a row. Now I am awaiting #7 like everyone else.

I am very mad at the following...



*SPOILER ALEART*

1. Snape is such a fucker. Get over childhood drama! What a wanker.

2. Sirus Black was killed and I was very sad.

3. Hermione and Ron... why are they both SO dumb and don't realize they are in love but they, well at least Hermione, notices every little emotion between Harry and Cho or Harry and Ginny.

4. Dumbledor DIES?!? WTF?!? That is not even cool! Grrr.


Now #7 and I am crawling out of my skin to get it! I HATE reading series, unless they are concluded, for this reason. I'm mad at myself for not waiting until June to start these books so I wouldn't have to wait for the conclusion.

P.S. I liked the books so much that I just ordered all 4 movies. When do you think they will make the other 3? Do you think they will make the other 3?

2/04/2007 10:54:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

There is no way I'm not getting a copy! July can't come fast enough!

GWB, believe me, boys ARE stupid, I'm surrounded with them. As for the movies, they will surely make the other 3.

I'm sad that book 7 will be the last HP. But I guess even Harry has to end some time... :(

2/05/2007 12:57:00 AM