Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Upcoming releases

Besides being bossy and horribly selfish (Trollop wants to add hard-headed as a mule but I REFUSE TO SAY THAT—not true anyway *hmph*), I have the tendency to be obsessive. Usually I obsess about foods I love (like Nutella), my hair (which I cut myself when I’m bored :/), shoes (especially those that slip as I have fucking big feet *sniff*) and of course, books.

Every year I make a list of the authors I read and the books they have coming out (oh, shut up!). Most of them I don’t buy straight away; I’ll wait 3 or 4 months to get a copy from the UBS. (Why, yes, I’m cheap with books—they’re fucking expensive, ya know?) Some I actually countdown to the release date (like J.K. Rowling), others (like Paullina Simons, Jennifer Donnelly) make me curse bookstores from here till kingdom come for not stocking their titles, and then I have to resort to special ordering—which usually costs me like an arm! UN-FUCKING-FAIR.

Now, since I’m a most obliging Harlot ;) instead of just showing you my list, I decided to include the authors you guys might like.

JAN
1 Jennifer Greene - Blame It on Cupid
2 Catherine Anderson - Sun Kissed
2 Sarah Brophy - Midnight Eyes
9 Ann Brashares - Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood
9 Janet Evanovich - Plum Lovin’
11 Alice Hoffman - Skylight Confessions
23 Jayne Ann Krentz - White Lies
23 Juliet Marillier - Wildwood Dancing
30 Karen Hawkins - How to Abduct a Highland Lord
30 Lisa Gardner - Hide
30 MaryJanice Davidson - Doing It Right

FEB
1 Gena Showalter - The Nymph King
1 Pamela Morsi - Bitsy’s Bait and BBQ
1 Susan Wiggs - The Winter Lodge
5 Bridie Clark - Because She Can
6 Christina Dodd - Tongue in Chic
6 Deirdre Martin - Chasing Stanley
6 James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge - Step on a Crack
6 Lora Leigh - Dangerous Games
6 Lori Foster - Causing Havoc
6 Sherrilyn Kenyon - The Dream-Hunter
6 Shirley Jump - Pretty Bad
6 Susan Elizabeth Phillips - Natural Born Charmer
20 J.D. Robb - Innocent in Death
27 Alison Weir - Innocent Traitor: A Novel of Lady Jane Grey
27 Mary Balogh - Simply Love
27 Sophie Kinsella - Shopaholic and Baby

MAR
1 Laura Lee Guhrke - And Then He Kissed Her
1 Pamela Britton - To the Limit
1 Stephanie Laurens - The Taste of Innocence
6 Charlaine Harris - Sweet and Deadly (reissue)
6 Elizabeth Vaughan - Warlord
6 Jodi Picoult - Nineteen Minutes
6 J.R. Ward - Lover Revealed
6 Lisa Kleypas - Sugar Daddy
6 Lora Leigh - Nauti Boy
6 Lydia Joyce - Voices of the Night
6 Maeve Binchy - Whitethorn Woods
6 Nalini Singh - Visions of Heat
20 Tracy Chevalier - Burning Bright
27 Gaelen Foley - Her Only Desire
27 Julie Hearn - Sign of the Raven
27 Kresley Cole - If You Dare
27 Mary Balogh - Simply Magic
27 Michelle Albert - Tough Enough
27 Tami Hoag - The Alibi Man

APR
1 Anne Stuart - Ice Blue
1 Elizabeth Hoyt - The Leopard Prince
1 Sara Bennett - Mistress of Scandal
3 Janet Evanovich and Leanne Banks - Hot Stuff
3 Katie MacAlister - The Last of the Red-Hot Vampires
3 Sally MacKenzie - The Naked Earl
10 Karen Robards - Obsession
17 Julia London - The Perils of Pursuing a Prince
24 Anita Shreve - Body Surfing
24 Jean Plaidy - The Queen’s Secret (reissue)

MAY
1 Adele Ashworth - The Duke’s Indiscretion
1 Beverly Jenkins - Wild Sweet Love
1 Brenda Joyce - Dark Seduction
1 Caroline Linden - What a Rogue Desires
1 Charlaine Harris - All Together Dead
1 Cinda Williams Chima - The Wizard Heir
1 Erin McCarthy - Bled Dry: A Tale of Vegas Vampires
1 Geralyn Dawson - Her Outlaw
1 Kelley Armstrong - No Humans Involved
1 Lisa Valdez - Patience
1 Loretta Chase - Not Quite a Lady
7 Emma Donoghue - Landing
8 Holly Black - Ironside: A Modern Faery’s Tale
8 James Patterson and Maxine Paetro - The 6th Target
**8 Jennifer Donnelly - The Wild Rose
17 Jennifer Belle - Little Stalker
22 Khaled Hosseini - A Thousand Splendid Suns
29 Kate Angell - Curveball
29 Shannon Hale - Austenland

JUNE
1 Eloisa James - Desperate Duchesses
5 Cecelia Ahern - There’s No Place Like Here
5 Don DeLillo - Falling Man
5 Jo Beverley - Lady Beware
5 Laurell K. Hamilton - The Harlequin
5 MaryJanice Davidson - Undead and Uneasy
19 Elizabeth Lowell - Innocent as Sin
19 Jane Green - Second Chance
19 Linda Howard - Up Close and Dangerous
19 Liz Carlyle - Never Lie to a Lady
26 Jennifer Weiner - The Guy Not Taken
26 Kelley Armstrong - Exit Strategy

JULY
1 Jacquie D’Alessandro - Sleepless at Midnight
1 Jane Graves - Hot Wheels and High Heels
1 Julia Quinn - The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever
1 Kathryn Caskie - How to Engage an Earl
1 Suzanne Enoch - Sins of a Duke
3 James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge - The Quickie
3 Shannon McKenna - All About Men
10 Nora Roberts - High Noon
**21 J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (My most awaited book of 2007. Seriously DYING to get a copy!)
24 Jude Deveraux - Someone to Love
31 Kay Hooper - Blood Dreams
31 Shannon McKenna - Edge of Midnight
31 Sherrilyn Kenyon - Devil May Cry
**31 Susan Carroll - The Huntress

AUG
1 Anne Mallory - What Isabella Desires
1 Rachel Gibson - Tangled Up in You
1 Suzanne Enoch - Twice the Temptation
7 Alison Pace - Through Thick and Thin
7 Annette Blair - Sex and the Psychic Witch
14 Suzanne Brockmann - Force of Nature
28 Diana Gabaldon - Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade

SEP
**? Stephenie Meyer - Eclipse
4 Caroline Linden - What a Rogue Desires
11 James Patterson and Howard Roughan - You’ve Been Warned (Good god, how many books does JP writes in a year?)
11 Megan Mccafferty - Fourth Comings
**25 Libba Bray - The Sweet Far Thing

So, what books are you most looking forward to? (Btw, anyone knows of any upcoming book/s from Connie Brockway, Jennifer Crusie, Marian Keyes? PS too, *sniff* nothing new!)

**Books I would sell Trollop’s magic dildo to acquire.
***Did you guys see Angels Fall the other night? Is it good? Any kissing scene with Nora? :P



[01 Feb 07]
Editing to change HP7’s release date. Well, I just assumed it’ll be on the 7th... I guess 07/07/07 is too perfect even for JKR. :/

Labels:


22 comment(s):

Blogger Girlie said...

This is a really good list Harlot...what I want is the list of the books you've already read and went crazy for...i.e. TBH.

Coz, you haven't disappointment me yet...even though you hate my other favorite OUTLANDER (no Jaime is NOT an abusive fuck! HE's just right for his time) besides it's fiction. OK?

So, do you have an ultimate favorite and second to ultimate favorite book list?

1/31/2007 07:19:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Shosh!

My ultimate favorite? Hmm, this is hard to answer LOL. :P I mean THE BRONZE HORSEMAN is my uber number 1 of course, but HP is my fave series.

As for the book list, i have to think about that first LOL but i have to mention Jennifer Donnelly. I absolutely totally loooove her. THE TEA ROSE is one of my favorite books evah. Her YA book A NORTHERN LIGHT is also fabulous.

MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA, brilliant brilliant book. Susan Carroll is another fave of mine. Last year i discovered Juliet Marillier's DAUGHTER OF THE FORREST and it's absolutely amazing. There's also HERE BE DRAGONS by Sharon Kay Penman which I think you'll love. :)

I know you read Patterson. I've yet to read him. Oh, have you read NEW MOON already?

1/31/2007 07:47:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Donnelly is wonderful. And I will eventually get around to reading The Tea Rose, hopefully sometime this year. I don't know why I keep putting it off -- I think I'm worried it won't hold up to A Northern Light.

That's quite a list! I think my 2007 list has like 5 books. LOL. I can't be bothered to look most of them up or write them down. I'm not sure how I feel about SEP and Kleypas in HC; I don't know if I like/trust them that much...

Is the Libba Bray book connected to A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels? I think I saw somewhere that it's supposed to be a trilogy.

I emailed someone in the know re Eclipse and apparently, there isn't a date set yet for its release. They're waffling between August/September or October. The sooner the better, I say ;-) .

I started Memoirs of a Geisha, but never got around to finishing it. I watched the movie, which was okay. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't love it either.

1/31/2007 07:59:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great list! I am already looking forward to a few and I wrote some of them up on my calandar as reminders.

Angels Fall was really good last night. Atleast i thought so. MAN was the hero HOT and the few kissings scenes had me fanning myself for a few moments. ;-)

Overall I give it a four out of five star rating.

1/31/2007 08:06:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Dance,
Oh this list is uber long even for me LOL. My actual list is only half of this. I just added authors whose books you guys might miss or something. :)

SWEET FAR THING is the 3rd book. I really liked this series--not as good as SM's TWILIGHT of course. As for TEA ROSE, you have to read it! :P

You know, the only HC release i will surely get is HP. LOL I don't care if it's freaking expensive or not. Already pre-ordered it actually, eheh. Well there's no way i can wait for the paperback issue really..

I loved MEMOIRS. Speaking of the movie, oh LOL, i just remember i haven't seen it yet!


Milan!
Oh, thanks for that. From what i gathered everyone is waiting for MONTANA SKY as that's a well-loved NR book, not to mention John Corbett is there. Have to admit though, not a fan of Aidan at all.. (Though loved that pic with Nora. They look so cute! :D)

1/31/2007 08:26:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Great list! I noted some of these releases, thanks Harlot.

I was wondering what happened to Lisa Valdez's Patience. It was supposed to be released last December. Wonder what happened.

1/31/2007 08:45:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to Lisa Kleypas' first contemporary. I really hope she won't end up like Julie Garwood who lost her 'magic' when she started producing contemporary novels.

Great list Harlot!

1/31/2007 09:20:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

Oh, great list. I didn't even know some of my authors have new books coming out!

James Patterson is a rockstar. LOL. I think he and Nora are one of the most prolific authors around.

I can't wait for Harry book 7! I wonder how long it will be given that it's the last book. Sigh, I will miss Harry.

1/31/2007 09:49:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Great list. I have to ask about Ash's book (Sherrilyn Kenyon). When is it going to be released?

1/31/2007 10:49:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2/01/2007 12:44:00 AM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

This is great! I can see all the authors I like and just take note of all their book releases.

One of my favorite authors lately is Lauren Willig. I don't see her in the list but I think she has yet to announce her next book after Deception of Emerald Ring. I love her Pink Carnation series!

2/01/2007 12:46:00 AM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Great list Harlot. I can't believe you mentioned Bridie Clark who's one of my favorites. :)

Angels Falls was great. I think Heather Locklear did great and the actor who played Brody. I wish there were more love scenes though. lol

2/01/2007 01:25:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I'm already waiting for SEP's book and the new Shopaholic.

I think Jenny Crusie has a new book with Bob but I'm not sure.

2/01/2007 08:35:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Great list. As always, I'm waiting for MK's newest and Harry too! I also love Jane Green and Charlaine Harris. Can't wait for Eclipse.

2/01/2007 05:39:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Book 7 book 7 book 7 book 7! LOL!

I'm also waiting for whatever book Stephen King is going to produce.

Angels Falls is ok. I don't think it's something I would watch again but I did enjoy it. Sorry Harlot, no kissing scene for Nora, LOL. I was waiting for the same thing you know. But since there are still 3 other movies, I'm still hoping ;).

2/01/2007 10:29:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

OMG! Great list!

Do you know that I've already read Shopaholic and Baby? Managed to get the last copy from the bookstore. :D

Can't wait for The Dream Hunter and SEP's NAtural Born Charmer!

2/02/2007 09:49:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Menchie, you cheater! LOL I can't believe you got it already! Did you already pre-order Harry? There's no way i'm not getting a copy on the 21st. When HP4 was released i didn't pre-order and all the copies were gone in a day and i had to wait for a week before i could get a copy. I almost strangled the bookstore person. :S

2/02/2007 03:52:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Harlot, I finished New Moon. I like it. I love the first one much better...and sad to say that it doesn't look like they're going to be any closer to sex anytime soon.

Can you believe they haven't gone to any bases yet? No wondering hands on this book. Absolutely none. I am hoping Eclipse will have them groping each other under the clothes at least. Do you think they should do it underwater, say a warm Jacuzzi because Edward is so "frosty?"

2/03/2007 01:30:00 AM  

Blogger Menchie said...

Harlot,
I heard they got the new shipment of Shopaholic over at FB so go get it! I was on the phone with customer service, checking all the books I reserved.

Not yet signed up for HP7 though I will. They usually start accepting sign-ups in March and that's how I got my HP5 and 6. I'm at the store by 7am.

2/03/2007 03:12:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Shosh,
I think SM made it clear that's no sex until they get married. :/ Which is fine really.. just, oh well.. As much as Jacuzzi sex is fun :P i think Bella and Edward should do it on the bed first LOL. Well, honestly, Edward should get a bed SOON. And Edward won't be so "frosty" then as Bella will surely be a vampire when it happens.. ;P



Menchie,
I'll be sure to ask. Btw, have you read TWILIGHT? Even if our discussion is already over and you didn't join us, *sniff* it's really such a wonderful WONDERFUL book. I think you'll love it too. :)

2/03/2007 05:29:00 AM  

Blogger Menchie said...

Will get Twilight right away! Didn't realize it was a paranormal. So sorry I missed the discussion.

2/03/2007 06:18:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your post on Jennifer Bell’s new book Little Stalker. I read the book and Kirkus just came out with a review. Here the Kirkus review:
LITTLE STALKER
Review Date: MARCH 01, 2007
Publisher:Riverhead
Pages: 352
Publication Date: 5/17/2007 0:00:00
Category: FICTION
Young novelist stalled after the early success of her first book becomes increasingly fixated on a famous filmmaker she has admired since childhood.

For 33-year-old Rebekah Kettle, few things are as comforting as the annual release of an Arthur Weeman movie. A prolific New York writer/director/actor (yes, think Woody Allen), Weeman has always been there for her, dating back to her parents' divorce. So devoted is Rebekah that she spends $22,000 of her doctor father's money at an Arthur Weeman prop sale, taking home such useful items as a gondola and an oxygen tank. Feeling slightly guilty about using her preoccupied dad's money, which he has not yet discovered missing, she decides to pitch in at his medical practice after his assistant/mistress Irmabelle leaves. It is there she meets Mrs. Williams, a wheelchair-bound elderly woman suffering from what appears to be dementia. She also, it turns out, lives in the building facing Weeman's, with a view into his kitchen. Soon Rebekah is wheeling Mrs. Williams about, buying her diapers-and watching Weeman. Things get weirder when she starts writing to him in the guise of a pubescent girl named Thalia. Her unanswered letters are wildly imaginative wonders of provocation and innocence, and she notices Weeman starting to squire around an actual underage schoolgirl. For Rebekah, Weeman's inappropriate "relationship" is less troubling than the fact that her letters appear to have affected him. She soon realizes that she has found a subject for her second novel. Around this time, she meets her romantic match in Isaac Myman, an oddball tabloid photographer. As she and Isaac get closer, she feels torn: Exposing Weeman's secret could win Isaac a career boost. In eccentric Rebekah, Belle (High Maintenance, 2001, etc.) has created another unforgettable narrator-funny, self-absorbed, a little damaged-and never predictable.

Darkly comic journey touching on love, art and the nature of obsession.

2/27/2007 02:32:00 PM