Monday, February 19, 2007

A Harlot in the movies

After pimping 300, *g* I decided to list all the movies I’m looking forward to (just like what I did with books *wink*) and you know what, I think 2007 is a FANTABULOUS year for movie-lovers such as myself. Oh, JOY!

A lot of sequels are coming soon: Shrek the Third, Evan Almighty (follow-up of Bruce Almighty), Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Rush Hour 3, 28 Weeks Later, even Are We Done Yet? (why anyone wants to see a sequel to a teeth-grindingly annoying flick is beyond me). Leggings wasn’t the only popular 80’s stuff resurrected lately: TMNT (yep, those hippie ninja turtles), Tranformers and Hairspray (a remake of the cult classic with Michelle Pfeiffer, Queen Latifah and John Travolta as *shock* Edna Turnblad!). Of course, in the land of fake boobs, originality is scarce so book adaptations should always be expected: Bridge to Terabithia, The Nanny Diaries and I Am Legend (based on the 1954 horror novel by Richard Matheson, with Will Smith and, rumor has it, Johnny Depp) to name a few.

With that said, here are my top 10 most awaited movies of 2007:
  • 300 (03/09). You all know I am DYING (seriously, counting down each excruciating day) to see this one so you can just imagine how deliriously happy I am (like Smurfette in lurve *g*) that I got tickets to the premiere! HURRAH!!! Will see it on 02/26. Jealous, are ya? :P

  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (05/25). I loved loved LOVED the first movie but Dead Man’s Chest left me so unsatisfied as if I was left alone frustrated on the bed after having been promised a mind-blowing orgasm! How could they do such a nasty uber vile thing to me??? *sniff* Still, call me crazy (or a clairvoyant bitch, heh) but I’m predicting that the third film will be as much swashbuckling fun as the first. Me thinks the cast and crew felt they let a lot of fans down (they so did!) so surely the smart thing to do is try their damnadest to recapture the frolicking good time of the original? I say, aye!

  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (07/13). Well, you already know Trollop and I are incurable Harry Potter nutters. (Still don’t have the oh-so-pritti HP countdown clocks? Click here.)

  • The Golden Compass (12/07). The first film of Philip Pullman’s “His Dark Materials” trilogy, they say it’s going to be *gasp* the “new” Lord of the Rings. It stars newcomer Dakota Blue Richards as Lyra, Nicole Kidman as Marisa Coulter, and yes, THE most fuck-worthy man of 2006, Daniel Craig *sigh* as Lord Asriel.

  • The Bourne Ultimatum (08/03). I don’t think Matt Damon is a stupid actor like BFF Ben Affleck, but neither am I a fan of his—yet I scandalously luuuurve the Bourne movies! (Disclaimer: I do NOT find Matt Damon sexy, hot, nor anything that can be associated with being attractive or fuckable.)

  • Spider-Man 3 (05/04). When I was a wee heathen, I followed its animated series religiously that when I found out the seemingly girly Tobey Maguire will play my beloved Spidey, I screamed “NOOOOOO!!!” from here till kingdom come Uncle Ben might have heard me. Thank God Tobey actually pulled it off!

  • Stardust (08/10). Neil Gaiman was actively involved in bringing his book to life (working with the director, script, etc), so that’s promising, I think. Besides, I just adore this kind of films. Have you read the book? I reckon it’ll be like fairy tale-ish Ever After slash fantasy/adventure ala LOTR. :D Oh, shut up. Just please, Hollywood, for the love of all fairies, please don’t fucking screw this up.

  • Bee Movie (11/02). Animated movie written by Jerry Seinfeld. He also provided the voice of the bee who sues humanity for stealing his species’ honey LOL. My favorite Renée Zellweger also joins in.

  • Ocean’s Thirteen (06/08). Even if the second one sucked, there’s no way I’m missing a movie with my men Brad Pitt and Gorgeous Clooney. Oh, yeah, Matt Damon’s there too. :/

  • American Gangster (11/02). As I’ve said before, I think Russell Crowe is a brilliant brilliant actor, so any film of his is a must see for me. Denzel Washingston co-stars with Ridley Scott as the director.
What about you, any movie/s you’re waiting for this year?


Related:

Labels: ,


35 comment(s):

Blogger Petra said...

Love this list. What about that Quentin Tarantino movie, Grindhouse? I love his movies.

2/19/2007 08:48:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the Pirates and Harry movie.But the most important movie I'm waiting for is the 4th Indiana Jones...I'm so mad about them!:D

2/19/2007 09:18:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

Rebelheart, I love The Indiana Jones movies too! I'm glad they're making another one. If Sigorney Weaver came back to play Ripley in that Alien Resurrection movie, Harrison Ford should definitely make another IJ. I read somewhere they are also making Terminator 4. LOL. I wonder if Arnold would be there. God, he's such a bad actor.

2/19/2007 09:39:00 AM  

Blogger me. said...

I'm with you on the 300 movie I watch the trailer, at least once a week, yeah! I can't believe it's coming. I didn't know about The Golden Compass, or Stardust. The trilogy was awesome, my kids and I listened to it with books on tape one summer and we loved them. Stardust is a book I grabbed from the library the other day, as Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite writers, now if they would just make Neverwhere, and do it right.

2/19/2007 11:08:00 AM  

Blogger M.Amanda said...

Hmm, sorry, but I find Matt Damon's muscular arms to be quite sexy. And he's no dummy, either. That really counts with me. I also love the Bourne movies. Can't wait for Ultimatum.

Ocean's Thirteen, though? I was so disappointed with Twelve that I might skip it.

2/19/2007 11:25:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Trollop and her perv BF love Tarantino. But they usually don't show his movies here.. :/

I love INDIANA JONES too LOL. But i think that won't be released this year.. or is it? :/

If there's one movie i want to see that's not in that list, it's the sequel to SUPERMAN RETURNS but i think that won't be until 2009. :( I really loved that movie.

2/19/2007 12:22:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Anika,
Are you going to see 300 on IMAX? :D Imagine all that big screen and all that glory in 3D. *sigh* I can't wait.


Sparking Cipher,
He has a nice body but, i don't know, not attracted to Matt Damon at all. Also i have a bad habit that when i decided to dislike someone, i'm kinda hard to argue with when it comes to that person. I never change my mind.. :/ I think it all started with Matt Damon on SCHOOL TIES, that movie with Brandon Fraser. He was such a prick in it! *grrr* Really hated him there LOL. But gotta say, i loved GOOD WILL HUNTING too and there's no way i'll miss BOURNE ULTIMATUM. :P

2/19/2007 12:31:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Other IJ fans!!This is cool!!
I checked on imdb and they it's going to be released in 2008!Ok one more year to wait....
Speaking of 2007 movies,in the beginning of this year I saw Blood diamond and I think it's just awesome!

2/19/2007 12:41:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I had no idea about Stardust and The Golden Compass. Hairspray too and The Nanny Diaries! (Loved the John Travolta pic by the way. LOL!)

I want to see Order of the Phoenix, Pirates 3 and now 300. As a Grey's Anatomy fan, I'm waiting for Katherine Heigl's Knocked Up. It's a light comedy and I think it will be fun to watch that one.

2/19/2007 12:58:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate sequels.

I do love the Bourne series though. And *I* find him highly fuckable. But only in those. ;)

I like the Ocean's films and the HP films. Can't think of any other's I've seen that were in line for the firsts.

Especially the second Brigit Jone's flick.

2/19/2007 01:01:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, what a load of typos!

2/19/2007 01:02:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

I don't like sequels as well but I love the HP movies and Pirates. How could anyone resist Capt Jack?

Harlot, I think Matt Damon is hot. LOL. Now most of the movies you mentioned I wasn't aware of. For instance The Golden Compass and The Nanny Diaries, I didn't know they made those into movies, so is Stardust. Bee Movie too. I love Seinfeld so I have to watch that one. Great list!

2/19/2007 01:58:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Rebel Heart, Blood Diamond is great. I loved it! I hope Leo won the Oscars.

Petra, they're making Terminator 4? LOL!

2/19/2007 02:01:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top 3: Harry Potter, Pirates, and Spiderman.

I didn't know about The Golden Compass! And Daniel Craig will be there too? I got to see that! Thanks Harlot, great list.

2/19/2007 02:08:00 PM  

Blogger SarahReznor said...

i'm reading stardust now - i cant put it down!!! i was just thinking they should make a movie out of it!!! i love gaiman!

2/19/2007 02:50:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

The Golden Compass - probably the only book I loathe. I've never had such a negative reaction to a book before and I'm not sure why anymore, not that I want to re-read it to find out. I think I'll be skipping this one.

Ocean's 13 - I'll probably watch because of the pretty, maybe not in the theatres though.

POTC 3 - gotta see how it wraps up. I hope the writers have pulled it together. The first one was great and the second one a mess.

HP - I want someone to make them like Peter Jackson made LOTR. After all the books have been published, so they know what story lines to focus on. I made it through a movie longer than one of the books, though.

Spidey 3 - looking forward to this one. I think I need to re-watch the first two; I'm not as into Spiderman as the X-Men (speaking of which, have you heard anything about the Wolverine movie?)

2/19/2007 03:24:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

Speaking of Oscars, I liked Blood Diamond too but The Departed is better. I hope Martin Scorcese finally wins this year.

Polly, yes they're making Terminator 4. LOL. I saw Rise of the Machine and actually enjoyed it but Arnold (I can't spell his last name) is such a terrible actor.

Dance, why do you loathe His Dark Materials?

2/19/2007 03:52:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

I love Neil Gaiman! I can't believe they made Stardust into a movie! That is so cool...

I'm really looking forward to seeing Spiderman. Is it going to be the last in the series? Harlot, Tobey isn't "girly"!

I have to see Bridge to Terabithia. Anyone who saw it already? Jeez I hope it's better than Narnia.

2/19/2007 03:58:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

For those of you who love STARDUST, here are some photos:

Tristran and Victoria
Lamia
Yvaine


Lily,
I'm sorry, for me he is. :/ Just look at his name. Who spells their name "TobEy" instead of Toby? He might as well spell it as Tobee. Heh :P


Dance,
About WOLVERINE, here's from Wikipedia:

"Latino Review put up a script review of David Benioff's draft, but it was taken down after requests by Fox. The script was about Wolverine's past before Weapon X and it featured Sabretooth and Stryker as main villains. The draft included X-Men characters John Wraith, the Blob, and Forearm as Weapon X operatives. It also featured Silver Fox and Beak as supporting characters. They gave the script a B+ grade. How much of this script will show up in the final draft is still unknown."

2/19/2007 04:24:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Harlot, I love the pics! Thanks :D That guy who plays Tristan is hot, lol.

2/19/2007 04:36:00 PM  

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

American Gangster should just be amazing .. It's the kind of epic story that Scott was made to tell, and Russell and Denzel should both be great

2/19/2007 04:40:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Evan Almighty? As in Steve Carell from the office? LOL

I'm definitely going to see Harry 5, Spiderman 3, POTC 3, 300, Bourne 3. I hope the 3rd-movie installments all wrap up well and not end up with what happened in Xmen 3.

I have yet to read Neil Gaiman.

2/19/2007 04:52:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Golden Compass - Did you say Daniel Craig? Whatever it is, I'm going to see it!

300 - I loved the trailer and would probably see it in Imax.

Pirates 3 - I have to see how it ends!

Harry 5 - Of course I'm going to see it. I'm nuts about Harry Potter too.

Bourne 3 - I'll probably go because the first two movies are both excellent.

Spiderman 3 - The trailer looks great. I'm really looking forward to this one.

2/19/2007 05:58:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

OMG, John Travolta is an ugly woman, lol!

I am waiting for POTC 3 of course, Johnny Depp, sigh... Order of the Phoenix, I'm sure this movie will earn a lot of money even if the movie ends up a terrible mess.

Harlot, Matt Damon is very fuckable if you ask me ;) He looks really hot in the Bourne movies.

2/19/2007 07:00:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

I forgot Ocean's 13!

I saw Music and Lyrics last week. It's not one of the best romantic comedies I have ever seen, but one of the best 'valentine movies' I've seen in years. Hugh Grant is charming as usual.

2/19/2007 07:08:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Dance, why do you loathe His Dark Materials?

Really don't know... It's not anything I've been able to pinpoint - not that I've re-read to find out - but I was fine with the story up until the last part where I had such a negative reaction to it that I can't pick up any other book by Pullman. My brothers, otoh, liked the trilogy, so I figure it's just me.

Harlot,

Thanks for the info on Wolverine. It sounds like they're in the very beginning stages still. Although, as much as I love Logan (and Hugh Jackman in the part), I wouldn't mind an X-4 (maybe centered around the younger generation?), if someone else - say, Whedon or Singer again - wrote/directed it.

2/19/2007 07:49:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

It's good that they did a remake of Hairspray, I liked the original with Ricki Lake. I wonder why they picked Travolta to play Edna of all people. LOL

I'm waiting for Pirates, I can't wait to see it. Harry 5 and Bourne Ultimatum - such a stupid title by the way. :P

2/20/2007 03:16:00 AM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

I am waiting for OOTP, POTC 3, BOURNE 3.

Vanessa, I love Hugh Grant so I will probably see MUSIC & LYRICS. I also like Nicholas Cage and saw his movie GHOST RIDER the other day. It's fine I guess. I believe he's currently working on the sequel to NATIONAL TREASURE.

2/20/2007 04:48:00 AM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

I didn't know there's going to be a WOLVERINE movie! Oh I love Hugh Jackman. He is so fine, LOL.

2/20/2007 04:49:00 AM  

Blogger Catherine said...

If anyone is interested in reading more about the Stardust movie, go to Neil Gaiman's Blog and read through last years archives. For a while last year every second post was about Stardust; pictures, links, funny stories about the actors, etc. etc. Basically he said and showed anything that he could without getting in trouble. Also, his blog is just fun to read because people are always e-mailing him links to interesting things which he then shares.

2/20/2007 04:52:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Catherine, thanks for that! I haven't been on his blog.. :/

I'm really looking forward to STARDUST. I think it looks excellent already. And what a great cast! Robert DeNiro, Ian McKellen, Michelle Pfeiffer, Peter O'Toole...

2/20/2007 05:14:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just summed them up for me!!!

2/20/2007 04:08:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Hi luci :)

So glad you could make it over!

Welcome to TBB!

Don't get scared of Harlot, she doesn't usually bite, though sadly her bunnies cannot not same the say! teehee

2/20/2007 04:16:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Pirates 3!!! And Harry! I really think Harry will be this mega blockbuster even if they release the movie without trailer, advertisements, etc. Of course that would drive the fans crazy. LOL

2/20/2007 10:50:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pirates, Harry, Bourne, Spiderman and Oceans I have got to see.

Going to see Reno 911 this weekend.

2/21/2007 10:47:00 PM