Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday's bits and pieces

ATTENTION, ATTENTION, my gorgeous chicas! Do you and your lover have a fantabulous, uber sizzling, knicker-twisting lurve story? If so, join the contest hosted by Harlequin and Sandals Resorts and win a getaway to Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa (voted the world’s most romantic resort—or so they say :/) plus, *gasp* be on the cover of a Harlequin novel!!! I know! LOL. The contest is open to all legal residents of U.S. and Canada (I can’t join, the fucking injustice *sniff*; my Raoul and I could easily win this, I tell ya!) and entrants can start sending in submissions through March 30. The winning couple will be announced in July. Go on, shoo, check it out. Of course come back here and finish reading my post. *rolls eyes* Just saying, all of you who are qualified, make sure you enter, okay? ;) Yep, even those who don’t read Harlequin novels. Oh c’mon, it’s a Caribbean getaway!—and if you win I could have hours of entertainment making fun of you LOL. :P

Now, I don’t know what kind of hash the Sports Illustrated staff has been smoking lately but, seriously, Beyoncé on the cover of 2007 Swimsuit Edition? Seriously..?? Don’t get me wrong; she looks hot in her bikini (she really does) but this coveted place is supposed to be reserved for only the baddest ass supermodels, or someone like me, tee-hee. :P And isn’t it the cover’s purpose to launch the career of the latest, uber hottest new model to hit the scene? So, er, how come we get Beyoncé instead? (Tons more pics here.)





The latest installment of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s DH series, The Dream Hunter, is now available. For those of you who still don’t have Fear the Darkness, you can download it here. Anyway, I know the next book is Devil May Cry and that it will feature Sin’s story, but what about Phantom in the Night (slated for November)? Is that FINALLY Ash’s book?

On to other news (do I sound like a news anchor or what?), the Pontotoc County prosecutor criticized for convicting the wrong men in John Grisham’s latest, The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town, is now fighting back with a website dedicated to exposing what he says are inaccuracies in Grisham’s book. Who knows about this? This is the first I hear about any of this...

Lastly (does that word exist?), you all know how much I luuuurve Capt. Jack Sparrow. *sigh* I was looking for some stuff on Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (definitely one of my most awaited movies of 2007—have a whole post about that, check back later) when I found this uber yummilicious photo of Johnny Depp. Ay caramba... I swear I literally drooled all over my keyboard LOL. Oh, Johnny... *double sigh* Oh, be still my harloty heart... *triple sigh*




Related:

Labels: , ,


28 comment(s):

Blogger Menchie said...

Am currently about to finish The Dream Hunter. I like it much better than the last one (can't even remember the title!). Then I'm gonna speed read Time Traveler's Wife. Yay!

2/16/2007 10:44:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I think Beyonce looks hot. LOL. SI probably did it to sell more copies. The thing is they don't need Beyonce for that.

I have no idea about the John Grisham story and thank you for the hot photo of Johnny Depp! Wow. Now he's hot.

2/16/2007 10:45:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Menchie, it's Dark Side of the Moon, the one with the were/dark hunter hero. :) I liked that one but it's good to know that Dream Hunter is better. TTW is great!

2/16/2007 10:50:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who cares about Beyonce. I love the Johnny Depp pic, OMG. (faint) Sigh. Thanks Harlot! Lol. This made my morning :D

Olly

2/16/2007 11:36:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

Ok, I think I need some air after seeing THAT pic. Not Beyonce, jeez... Johnny! Oh Johnny! He is so hot. *sigh*

I already ordered SK's Dream Hunter and waiting for it to arrive as we speak. As for Grisham, I have no clue about that one. Is it possible to authors because of things like that?

2/16/2007 11:44:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh Johnny... *sigh* I really love this pic. It's like he's calling me or something. LOL *sigh*

2/16/2007 11:48:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

OK I have to join that contest, lol. Harlot, you're right, who knows... I might win. ;)

I think Beyonce looks gorgeous, but I guess she doesn't have any business to be on SI's cover.

I have yet to order SK's newest. What I want is Ash's book. How long must we wait for it???

If Johnny Depp would look at me like that, I would faint too. He is so hot! Oh I'm making it my wallpaper, lol. Thanks Harlot!

2/16/2007 12:14:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Johnny Depp has nothing on my favourite bow-legged demon hunter. And his little brother. :D

2/16/2007 12:16:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Dance, you are obsess with Supernatural! lol I like Dean too but I haven't seen any of the new episodes lately. Thanks for the pictures. :)

You know I read somewhere that Supernatural is Jennifer Crusie's favorite TV show. :)

2/16/2007 12:24:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

It should be everyone's favourite TV show. :p I haven't fallen this hard for a show since Buffy (well, Firefly, but I tend to lump them all together since it's all Joss).

Love a show that doesn't take itself seriously.

2/16/2007 12:36:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Dance, love the pics! Thanks for sharing. :D Oh and i have got to get me the new season! Btw, saw that video you mentioned on the tagboard, not into Wincest LOL, but i loved it. :P

Lorelei, I didn't know that. Speaking of Jenny Crusie, i miss her. I mean, she still has no new book out. Well, i have no news i mean.. :/

2/16/2007 12:45:00 PM  

Blogger reviewer said...

Thats a cool contest. I bet Dh and I would have a great chance at winning.
Seeing as the resort is adults only, we would not go though. Our kids are only 8, 4 and 1. I might leave my older two, but not my baby.

2/16/2007 01:01:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

I'll enter the contest. :D My husband and I would love a Caribbean getaway. Although, why do I have to be in Harlequin's cover? I'm sorry, not being bitchy here, I read Harlequins too but they really have horrible covers.

Johnny Depp: hot hot hot...

2/16/2007 01:48:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Cool contest. Though I understand what Lollie Rose is talking about, lol.

I just read Dream Hunter. Not a good one for me. It's a must read though for those who are waiting for Ash's book. Somehow I have this feeling that the last 2-3 DH books were only written to set up some background for Ash's book.

I love Johnny!

2/16/2007 03:13:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought Dream Hunter. I sometimes wonder if it wasn't for Ash, if I'd even continue reading Kenyon. Probably, but still. I'm getting tired of waiting.

Yum, Johnny.

And if I win that contest, I want a good title for that cover. Something classic Harlequin like "His Virgin Bride's Secret Baby."

2/16/2007 06:58:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I'm entering the contest, LOL.

Johnny Depp is really hot. If George Clooney and Brad Pitt were both called The Sexiest Man Alive twice, Johnny deserves more.

2/16/2007 08:51:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Johnny Depp is so hot! I can't wait for Pirates 3.

I agree about Beyonce, even if I don't buy Sports Illustrated. LOL. I think the issue sells itself. It doesn't need Beyonce.

2/16/2007 08:54:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Girly, LOL, I like your title! I should enter too. I would love to win and have some fun in the Caribbean. Who cares if I have to pose for a horrible cover. I can always change my name after that.

Mmmmmm... I think I want my title to be, "The Sheik's Belly-Dancing Virgin Mistress". Yes... I like that one. :D

2/16/2007 08:57:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Johnny Depp and I can't wait for Pirates 3. Harlot, loved your post about pirates, lol.

Dance, I love the pictures!

2/16/2007 10:14:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Omg, Johnny Depp. It should be illegal that anyone still looks this hot even after 20 years of being a heartthrob. Actually I think he's hotter than ever. Harlot, I love the Johnny pic.

And if I win that romantic getaway, I don't mind if people would make fun of me being in the cover of Harlequin, lol. :P

2/16/2007 10:40:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm somewhat anal about reading series in order, so I'm trying to get through NIGHT EMBRACE with Talon and it frigging sucks. I have like 50 pages to go and I cannot get myself to finish. Ack! I keep on hearing how great Zarek and Ash is, but... oh damn.

2/17/2007 04:24:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Mikal, i prefer reading books in order too but Talon's book sucks! It really does LOL. The only ones i really liked: SEIZE THE NIGHT, NIGHT PLAY, KISS OF THE NIGHT (a lot of stuff were explained there) and DANCE WITH THE DEVIL.

You know honestly, i'm sorta tired of the DH books. :( I don't know, it's like SK is just milking the series and all we're getting are previews for the fucking never showing Ash's story. When i started reading about these DH, i was fascinated, intrigued and i thought "wow, what an amazing imagination this woman has", and i'm just a sucker for greek mythology and she did a good twist of it. But really, if you think about it, SK's way of writing is not good at all LOL. Of course this is just my opinion.

I lub Ash and i ADORE Simi but i think after Ash's book, i'm done. SK should wrap it up really, and soon.

2/17/2007 05:13:00 AM  

Blogger Natalie said...

I am waiting on my copy of the Dream hunter to arrive and I can’t wait : ) especially if it means that I am one step closer to reading Ash’s book! Harlot loved your picture of Johnny doesn’t he just get better with age… mmmm

Dance I loved your pictures I’m currently watching Season 2 in Cape Town, but gosh one episode a week is not enough to prevent Windsor withdrawal!!

2/17/2007 05:55:00 AM  

Blogger Menchie said...

Danielle,
That's right! I really forgot. I didn't like it that much because I thought SK just wrapped up everything too neatly. Not enough conflict like in Dance with the Devil and Seize the Night.

Dream Hunter is a lot better.

Harlot,
Got my copy of New Moon already!!! Yay!

2/17/2007 08:55:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Menchie, New Moon is great!

Speaking of DH, is there going to be a book about Simi? I am hoping for her and Nick to be together...

2/17/2007 02:59:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I don't think I want Simi to grow up. I like her as she is, like a spoiled 5-yr old. If she is going to be Nick's heroine... well, I guess it's selfish to want her to remain a child forever. That would be interesting to see though because Ash would definitely not like that! LOL!

2/17/2007 07:56:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Isabella, poor Ash, lol. But he needs to accept that Simi can't be his baby forever. It's a shame that dark hunters can't have children. Ash would be a good father.

2/17/2007 08:51:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Natalie,
Did you like 21 JUMPSTREET? I used to watch Johnny Depp there and i think he looks MUCH better now. And sexier too.. *sigh* What is it with men like Johnny and George and Brad? They're like fine wines really LOL.


Menchie,
YAY! I liked TWILIGHT better really, but anyone who loves the first book should never miss NEW MOON. And ECLIPSE too, of course. ;)


Lorelei, Izzie,
Oh no no no! I like Simi to stay the way she is! Selfish, yes, but that's why i lurve her. But, hmmm, i guess she too needs a "HEA". :/ Oh well.. I wonder if it's really gonna be her and Nick. LOL, poor Ash indeed.

2/17/2007 09:39:00 PM