Sunday, April 1, 2007

Book Selection of the Month (April '07)

My Trollop and I did a lot of meditation, asking King Leonidas for his guidance on which book is the best for our next BBC discussion. We considered hitting the classics; imagine, the Bitches and Mistress Austen... verra interesting, dontcha think? *g* But then, och, *gasp* there’s this other classic that kept screaming in our poor ears, pumping its fists on the air, demanding to finally have its proper place and very own official discussion on our wee bonny blog!

Aye, at first we’re set on choosing either Pride and Prejudice or Persuasion; but at the last minute, er, well... Bitches can change their minds! *hmph* That’s why, like it or no’, we proudly give ye:



Outlander by Diana Gabaldon!!! Here are the questions ye shouldna forget (especially ye Sassenachs) while readin’ the book. (D’ye love sayin’ “Sassenach” wi’ feelin’? :P)
  • What was your very first impression of Nasty Bastard, er, Jamie? Would you have jumped and humped oh yummilicious him immediately, or hit him on the balls with an axe?
  • What did you think of Claire’s story to Colum about how she ended up with the Scots? Would you have believed her, or push her out of the castle’s top tower window?
  • Jamie calls Claire “Mistress Waterweed.” How do you think Claire feels about that? Slippery?
  • What did you feel when Jamie beat Claire? Do you think he should have done more, like gag her, tie her to a tree with flesh-eating bugs and then beat her with a stick?
  • What’s your impression of Jack Randall? He’s an evil man but he’s also smart and witty, verra funny and verra handsome. *sigh* Do you think it’s he, not Adulteress Claire, who is Jamie’s uber true love?
  • Why is Jamie so attractive to gay men?
I first read this (oh, I do love poetry!) when Jamie marry Claire. It always moves me *sniff* I ken it’ll inspire ye too, my wee lassies:

Then let amorous kisses dwell
On our lips, begin to tell
Stick your pole in my holy hole
A thousand and a hundred score
A hundred and a thousand more.

Labels: ,


21 comment(s):

Blogger Marg said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4/01/2007 06:05:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

OHMYGOD. I never thought I'd see the day! Is this for real? Nevertheless, I LOVE the questions. LOL

4/01/2007 08:32:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Well, here it is. Honestly, i think we're going to have SUCH a wonderful time discussing OUTLANDISH. ;)

4/01/2007 08:59:00 AM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Oh yeah! There is a G-d, a snow-ball in hell, and all other things anomaly.

I think I cannot say Sassenach with a straight face, but only because I don't have dear Jamie's accent. You gotta have the accent and the burr to say it right.

So Harlot, are you now going to finish reading the whole damn book now?

OMG, I am so beside myself with excitement!

4/01/2007 09:45:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

April Fool's! :D Yes?

4/01/2007 10:08:00 AM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Dance, I was wondering the same thing! LOL

BTW Happy All Fool's Day everyone! Brilliant questions BBs :D

4/01/2007 10:26:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Happy April Fool's Day!!!

LOL Our REAL April book selection will be announced Mon or Tues. :P

Now, which one do you want us to discuss: PRIDE AND PREJUDICE or PERSUASION?

4/01/2007 10:32:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Shosh, told ya i finished that damn book already. Though i did skip some pages, :/ those that includes flogging and raping and Fraser showing his penis mostly. *gag*

4/01/2007 10:36:00 AM  

Blogger Polly King said...

LOL, Harlot! Good one, BBs. :D Why is Jamie so attractive to gay men? LMAO


"PRIDE AND PREJUDICE or PERSUASION?"
Persuasion

4/01/2007 10:41:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me a fool, ya had me til I read these comments. That wasn't very nice *sniff*

*whispering* I've never read P and P. Why bother when such a great movie exists, LOL!

4/01/2007 11:15:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, if you chose Persuasion I might join in cause I never read the book. Love P&P though.

4/01/2007 12:09:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

That's an evil trick Harlot! We all know you and Trollop HATE Outlander, LOL.

Happy April Fool's Day!

I vote for P&P.

4/01/2007 12:12:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

OMG! I thought it's true! LOL

Book for April: Persuasion

4/01/2007 12:55:00 PM  

Blogger Aradia said...

:D you had me fooled! I was so disappointed until I saw the comments! :) you know,I already went ahead and ordered Persuasion.
so I vote for Persuasion, naturally!
ooh, and quit that accent, it doesn't look good on you Harlot!;)
you don't have those kilts and red hair and bad manners! (fortunatly for us! LOL)

4/01/2007 02:40:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

OMG, you had me there for a moment! Could it be that our dear BBs who hate Jamie with a passion actually going to lead a discussion about him? Apparently not. LOL!
I'm with Aradia, I vote for Persuasion!

4/01/2007 03:08:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Harlot, that's funny!:D I thought, Outlander? Am I in the right place? Is this The Book Bitches blog? This ain't right... oh ... yep, there's my wrong kind of man. LOL

I've never read P&P or Persuasion so whichever of the two is fine with me.

4/01/2007 04:07:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Oh and I love the questions for Outlander! LOL!

4/01/2007 04:08:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the questions!

4/06/2007 05:45:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK so I've been without a comp for 2 weeks cause I moved and the idiots who packed stuff lost cords for the comp. I'm working 2 jobs now so I haven't had time to look thorough boxes for them.

I'm using the library comp on my lunch so I got to be fast. wish I could read all your post but it will be a goal for later! LOL.

Few questions about the lingo in this book.

Lager-and-Light? I know lager since I am a beer aficionado but what's with the light?

Brandy-and-Splash? Splash of what?

Pint-of-Bitter? Regular beer full of hops?

What the hells does "Stiff as a Lot's wife" mean?

What is a "mac"? It was drizzling out and she was soaking wet because she forgot to bring her "mac". Is that an umbrella or a rain coat?

Who is Bonnie Prince Charlie?

4/11/2007 11:41:00 AM  

Blogger Nozomi said...

Whoa, this totally blowed my mind. XD Good job, you guys. I really thought it was true at first.

4/12/2007 06:09:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

GWB! LOL!

:P Well, are you liking OUTLANDER? Don't you love the questions? :P Anyway, i hope you'll read PERSUASION too. ;)

4/13/2007 05:04:00 PM