Thursday, May 24, 2007

I heart Rosie & Joy



Joy asks: “I don’t understand why he’s (G. Bush) still there? Does anyone have any idea why we can’t get rid of this guy?”

God knows I’ve asked myself these questions many a time, but what I really want to know is: why is Elisabeth still there? Does anyone have any idea why they can’t get rid of that idiot girl?

I agree with Rosie 100%, with Joy 150% *g* and with Elisabeth -25%. If she were a true friend she would have answered the question, either with a yes or a no. Not doing it was cowardly, like Rosie said, not to mention stupid. Perhaps she didn’t get the question? *confused* She doesn’t seem all that bright sometimes; maybe Rosie should have written it down for her and gone through it word by word explaining the meanings? LOL

And, yes, *sigh* I dislike Elisabeth *ashamed of self* but I am redeemed because I think her dress was absolutely fabulous! So you see, I don’t think she’s all bad. *wink*

**Go to Rosie’s blog here; a little pimping because I luurve her. *g*


Related:

Labels: , ,


26 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth was hedging her bets waiting to see which way opinion would jump, which is why she wouldn't answer the question. Who needs a friend like that?

5/24/2007 06:02:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

RE: I dislike Elizabeth

Oh please, she LOATHES Elizabeth. Trollop even cried when Elizabeth joined THE VIEW. Forgive her, she's just peeved the producers didn't approach her to be in the show. :/

5/24/2007 06:17:00 AM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I like Elizabeth and I'm glad she is finally standing up for herself. Though I have to say, that was painful to watch!

5/24/2007 09:07:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a Democrat, am appalled by the Republican party and all it stands for, hate this war, despise Bush, and overall think Conservatism is phony and evil in general.

At the same time though, I find Rosie's bullying to be very insulting to watch and horribly embarassing. After seeing many of these clips, I am aggravated by both of these women, but find Elizabeth to be far more sane and kind. I actually end up feeling sorry for her having to go to work everyday and sit across from the angry bully.

I hate myself for feeling this way and I hate Rosie for forcing me to feel this way. Shame on you, Rosie. Shut your mouth and listen to people. I get that it's an opinion show and all, but good Lord, everyone has an opinion. Just because you say yours louder and meaner does not make it correct.

Even though, technically, it is.

Shit. I hate clips like this. They make me feel bad all around.

5/24/2007 09:23:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have a problem with Elizabeth as a person, just with her views on Bush and the war. She doesn't seem like she can think for herself and what she says is both naive and stupid at the same time.

How can you defend the undefendable?

Rosie isn't too high on my list of favorite people either, but at least she's smart and defends HER views and doesn't parrot what others tell her to memorize and recite later on.

5/24/2007 09:34:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

I thought that was a good fight. LOL. Anyway, Rosie is awesome. I have never thought she's a loud-mouth bitch. She is just someone who likes stating her opinions and this on the show called THE VIEW.

I think Rosie was hurt that Elisabeth, who was supposed to be her friend, wouldn't defend her by answering a simple question. How hard is it to answer that question!

I believe Elizabeth doesn't think Rosie thinks our troops are terrorists. That's why Rosie was hurt, because Elisabeth would rather be untruthful and be coward than answer her.

5/24/2007 09:47:00 AM  

Blogger Lola Lovegood said...

Diana, How can you defend the undefendable indeed?

Amen sister! LMAO

Elizabeth sounds like a brainless twit. "Was he supposed to alarm the children during 9/11"?

Uh, HELLO? What do you think Einstein? The nation is under attack, but lets not alarm the children, for a full 7 MINUTES! Because that's what's important when my country is under attack, not leaving a classroom by excusing yourself, because god forbid you might alarm the children. Does this woman have one single working brain cell?

5/24/2007 09:51:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why, when a Republican takes a stand, they are simply mindless idiots who regurgitate what they hear on Fox, and when Democrats take a stand it is their personal opinion that they developed with no outside influence? Get real; both sides pick up talking points from those who are structuring each sides argument.

Bush - reading to class room - 7 minutes: seems to me no one really knew what was going on for a bit - was it an accident, was it purposeful, what was it that happened? Bush sitting in a classroom finishing up a story to the kidlets is totally irrelevant; what could he have been doing?

And I do think Rosie thinks our troops are terrorists. You can't support our troops and turn around and blame them for 650,000 deaths.

I just hope when the real terrorists decide to bring the fight over here again, they stick to the people who didn't want to fight it abroad.

5/24/2007 12:06:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

I think I have more or less explained to you guys what I'm doing in Madrid. But just in case, here is a bit of info on it: It's a special master in which 30 young and outstanding (*snort* in my case LOL) politicians from Latin America were chosen to live and study together for a year. We represent every Spanish speaking country in LA plus Brazil.

We're equally divided in genre, that means 50% are male and 50% female and the same goes for political ideology: we range from the extreme left (communists) to the very conservative right (not fascists or anything LOL, just very conservative).

It's incredible how we've learned to get along with each other and respect different thoughts and beliefs. We've also learned to take what we believe is good for our ideology from someone else's to enrich our knowledge and benefit our political parties.

During this time one thing has been a bit of a sore spot with the center right and right winged students, and that is the stereotype they have of being spoiled rich kids that don't have much brains (that's of course trying to summarize the whole thing which is long and extensive LOL).

Anywho, I showed this video to one of my Mexican friends who is from the PAN, the party in government in Mexico. She was a member of Parliament for her party in the last term and she's very conservative (probably the most conservative person in class). She told me something that I found to be very true, she said (paraphrasing here): "people like that girl are the ones that give us a bad name. You cannot defend things when they are undefendable, for her to say that Bush could not leave that classroom for seven minutes so as not to disturb the children is ignorant and makes her look stupid and with that making her party look stupid, and all the women who are from her party look stupid too. You talk when you have something of real value to say, if not keep quiet, that makes you look smarter".

We had a long discussion about this whole thing over coffee after lunch today, and I loved hearing what she has to say on so many issues that we never touch in class. Maybe if she were the poster child for conservative parties people would not think as they do now (and please let me be the first one to admit that the stereotype they bare is very unfair). Perhaps they should shut people like Hasselback up or at least write her a speech that makes sense :/ since she apparently copies what she’s told to say, learns it by heart and then recites it without trying to rationalize it in the least!

Errr, that was a lot longer than I expected it to be LOL

5/24/2007 01:03:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking to say:

I'm a democrat and I believe most things Rosie says to be true, but couldn't she please find a better way of saying them?

5/24/2007 01:11:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a Republican it pains me to say that George W. Bush has been the worst president I've lived through, and my wrinkles can tell you I have been around for some time now. Jajaja

5/24/2007 01:14:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I completely agree with Trollop.

I did listen to Elizabeth and hope that her points may be valid but she is too emotional and doesn't listen to the Democratic side because she is so brainwashed by the Bush Brigade. I agree with Joy, it is time America should be angry! And I wish Elisabeth were leaving instead of Rosie!

5/24/2007 01:14:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Is it just me or Elisabeth's boobs are bigger? She doesn't have a baby bump yet but her boobs are getting bigger already!

I dislike Rosie sometimes because she can be really rude. Rosie can be over the top but she is angry as hell as are many Americans with a brain in their head. This administration has taken our country into the lowest level of indecency!

5/24/2007 02:16:00 PM  

Blogger M.Amanda said...

I don’t know if I’d call Elizabeth cowardly so much as weak. From this clip – because that’s pretty much all I’ve got to go on since I don’t watch the show – it looks like she just isn’t smart enough or aggressive enough to go head to head with Rosie.

It did seem like she was hedging, but it may have been more about not wanting to give Rosie something solid to work with than about not defending her or being dishonest. If she doesn't say exactly what she thinks, Rosie can't bastardize it for her own purposes.

What I saw on the clip was that Rosie repeatedly talked over Elizabeth, twisted her words and used them to attack her, and flat out put words in her mouth while ignoring what Elizabeth was actually saying. If that’s the game Rosie plays, I don’t blame Elizabeth for not coming right out and stating her opinion. No matter what she said, Rosie would twist it to make it look like either Elizabeth victimized her or Elizabeth supported every idea she had, whichever suited Rosie’s goal.

I won’t comment on the political part.

Their argument sounded a lot like the discussions I had with the book board trolls before I decided to just leave the forum. Battling manipulators and word twisters is just exhausting.

5/24/2007 02:18:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Elisabeth should have given an answer. By not answering Rosie, she decided not to defend her. Rosie shouldn't have taken her feelings out on Elisabeth on national TV.

5/24/2007 04:23:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Re: Rosie shouldn't have taken her feelings out on Elisabeth on national TV.

Sooo true. Don't air your laundry in public if you can prevent it or unless its for something REALLY important.

Vanesa, you are wise beyond your years LOL

5/24/2007 04:46:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

I'm going to miss Rosie. Joy won't be making waves after her departure unless she has someone to team up with, so hopefully they find a Rosie twin to take her place. Let the fighting continue, only 4 more weeks left!

5/24/2007 06:15:00 PM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

I say, when Rosie hits the happy trail, they oughta hire me. I can be comic relief :)

I love Rosie, used to love her show, but she goes too far sometimes and brings her personal crap to the table because she's holding us hostage via a TV. Much like her deal with Tom Selleck and gun control on her now finito TV show. I didn't want to hear about his guns--I wanted to hear about his MOVIES, ya know?

I hate when famous people use their celebrity as a platform for their political and or religious viewsand become so worked up over it if you don't agree with them. I love when they threaten to leave the country for greener pastures if things don't go their way. VERRA dramatic...

Rosie wasn't famous because she's a politician--she's famous because she did a hella comedy routine.

I don't know much about elizabeth except for a forgotten stint on Survivor.

I'm not saying they can't have opinions at all. I'm just saying to get that intense (both of them) publicly makes me groan. I'm also not saying who I agree or disagree with--cuz I'm wimpy like that. LOL

Dakota :)

5/24/2007 06:15:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the continuing saga of The View. Both Rosie and Elisabeth have the ability to elicit powerful emotions in their viewers. Some viewers react so strongly that they can't let the info sink in.

First of all, Rosie doesn't force her "opinions" on others. She clearly states facts. Unlike Elisabeth, she shares documented facts. (like the 655,000 Iraqis that have been killed, that's true - "unfortunate" as Elisabeth put it) Second of all, Rosie is a very passionate woman who pleads to us to learn the truth about what this administration is doing. But because of the anti-gay, anti-fat, anti-strong woman biases of our country, we can't let ourselves hear her.

On the other hand, Elisabeth. She is committed to the Republican Party and her friendship with the Bush administration and her self-righteous proclamations 'my country right or wrong'. She accepts the secrecy, the evilness that allowed our nation to tolerate until recently the appalling violations of world coexistence. Rosie wants us to hear the truth. Elizabeth, the truth as she believes it. We could all benefit from being challenged to examine what is really happening in our country, but we cannot hear either voice.

When Rosie finally leaves The View, my faith is in Joy Behar who asked a very good question to everyone: why is this man still in office? Why indeed. Thanks to Rosie for her passion and truth. And to Elisabeth, grow up!

5/24/2007 09:15:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Thanks Trollop, lol, and the same to you. Very well said :)

Lindsey, I totally agree with what you said, specifically with the last paragraph!

5/24/2007 09:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate them both. They claim to represent republicans, mothers, lesbians, liberals, rich people, whatever - and none of us want them representing us. Rosie embodies every stereotype about lesbians, women speaking their mind, large women, liberals - all of them. Elisabeth embodies every stereotype about conservatives, blonds, and morons. It's stupid. And I especially hate it because it makes women look bad. This and Ann Coulter, strap them to a rocket and send it to the sun.

5/24/2007 09:55:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best moment on TV since the old white guy walked off on CNN.

5/24/2007 11:01:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Lindsey, that was so eloquent and well put, I should hire you to help me get my points across LOL

Note: Not for everyone. Just stating my thoughts and opinions

For the ones interested in knowing why I unlove elizabeth :P here are some clips:

She acts like a spoiled child "but joy was talking too" she whines! and then rips up her cards in a tantrum (sp?). They talk about Rosie, and its true, but Elizabeth talks over everyone and doesn't let anyone get their points across with her interruptions and loud voice (just as loud as Rosie's BTW). Thing is, she's not fat, ugly or a lesbian so when she does it its ok?

She will defend things that are undefendable! So, its ok to torture and sexually humiliate (in some cases sexually abuse) prisoners, including children? Again, see how she doesn't let the guest talk interrupting her the whole interview *sigh* I take it she hasn’t read the Geneva convention, or doesn’t know what Human Rights are, and I’m sorry, but those rights are for EVERYONE in the world, not just a chosen nation.


Everyone that says anything against the war is not a patriot and hates the troops! Again, see how she talks over everyone and how she goes on pure emotion. Everyone else presents facts, she only has unfounded words.

She also has a great body and fabulous clothes *sniff* what’s not to hate? LOL

5/25/2007 05:08:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

You're supposed to be doing thesis, NOT looking for more ways to hate Elisabeth!!!

5/25/2007 09:47:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

Trollop, don't be shy and be honest, how much do you "unlove" Elisabeth? LOL. Quite a list you have there ;).

5/25/2007 03:28:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Rosie already quit. It's sad that her last days on The View had been full of ugly fights.

5/25/2007 06:33:00 PM